It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Movement" needs to start again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I dont consider myself part of the so-called 9/11 "Truth Movement."

Nor do I put my self on the same level as some of the brilliant researchers here at ATS, but I am interested in finding out what took place on September 11, 2001.

Its because of that interest that I feel the search for the truth needs to start over. And i mean really start over. Pretend its 9/12 and the unthinkable just occured.

I suggest this because of what has become of the research into 9/11. So many different factions of the "Truth Movement" pushing their theory and discrediting other, just as feasable, theories make it impossible for the general public to accept.

We, and I use the term loosely, need to start again. Releasing relevant information to the public and news media piece by piece. Putting together one coherent theory that John and Jane Citizen can understand and follow easily.

You'll note that I didnt name any particular theory in this thread because I would prefer to keep the in-fighting to other threads that are more relevant.

CT

Edit for spelling

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's inevitable that people will disagree...that part I wouldn't worry about. 9/11 skepticism *is* very high, even among average citizens, so in that respect I think the truth is winning out.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's inevitable that people will disagree

I agree. I just believe that if the truth is ever going to get out, the bickering needs to stop.

9/11 skepticism *is* very high, even among average citizens, so in that respect I think the truth is winning out

I agree again. But the way things are at the moment, when the average person decides to start looking into 9/11 the have to make a choice. That choice is which camp are they going to join, and by making that choice they must accept ridicule from other camps.

I hope most of that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The important part is that the government is at least an accessory to the crime, right? How they did it is less important, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I agree with your first statement. But as for the second part, i said in my OP that for the truth to come out there needs to be one coherent theory that John and Jane Citizen can understand and follow easily.

This is why the how is very important. For your average person to accept what happened on 9/11 (whichever theory you choose to follow) they need to see what happened, how it happened and probably most importantly, why it happened. Otherwise we are right back where we started.

CT

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Here are some "articles of faith" I think we can all agree on:

There were "insider trades" prior to 9/11 that the government did not properly investigate, even though this would have been easy.

The head of Pakistani intelligence wired 100k to Mohammed Atta.

You know some more?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Here are some "articles of faith" I think we can all agree on

I dont think that the "Movement" can agree on much at all. As I have said before this is the major problem.

As for your examples, that is a little off topic for what we are discussing. For every "article of faith" you provide, some other camp has a few of their own. No offence.

CT

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If this was September 12th I don't think we'd be immediatly thinking this was all preplanned by the government. I don't like this automatic assumption that it was a controlled demolition, etc. You're acting like this has already been proven when that is FAR from the truth.

The fact that anyone who disagrees with you so called "truthers"(whatever the hell that means) is labeled as a government agent shows how much you guys need to grow up.

Countdown until I'm labeled as an agent...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I mean, I think there are still indisputables...still common areas of fact held by all camps...we need to focus on propagating those.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I mean, I think there are still indisputables...still common areas of fact held by all camps...we need to focus on propagating those.

I'd love to see these facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Like I said...I don't know anyone who believes 9/11 was a government conspiracy who doesn't believe the head of Pakistani intel wired 100k to Atta or who doesn't believe that the put options weren't properly investigated.

I'm sure there's other facts too that are indisputable.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't know about the pakistani thing, but the maybe they didn't investigate the stocks because that was pretty normal and there was no reason to investigate? There is always a logical and rational reason for anything. It's not always the government, or some other sinister thing that is behind everything.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc
If this was September 12th I don't think we'd be immediatly thinking this was all preplanned by the government

Fine. But what would it hurt if there was an open and impartial investigation into what occured on 9/11. Starting with a clean slate. Maybe it would lean towards government involvement, maybe it wouldnt. All I know, is that nothing is going to happen with things the way they are.

I don't like this automatic assumption that it was a controlled demolition, etc. You're acting like this has already been proven when that is FAR from the truth.

Not to be rude. But where did I make that assumption in this thread? Im not acting like any thing has been proven. Infact I made no mention of any particular theory.

The fact that anyone who disagrees with you so called "truthers"(whatever the hell that means) is labeled as a government agent shows how much you guys need to grow up.

Are you labelling me now. Have you even read this thread? Or are you just firing away at random.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My comments aren't aimed at you, they are more general comments on the idea at hand.

Also you said that it's important that the government is an accessory to the crime. Not sure what that means, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

I agree with your first statement. But as for the second part, i said in my OP that for the truth to come out there needs to be one coherent theory that John and Jane Citizen can understand and follow easily.

It's just not that simple. I've been trying to find out what exactly happened on that day for 4 years, and I'm still not sure what the big picture is. Figuring these things out takes time, but it is possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc
Also you said that it's important that the government is an accessory to the crime. Not sure what that means, but there it is.

Originally posted by ubercanist
the government is at least an accessory to the crime

Originally posted by me
I agree

And i still do.

But I also said.

Originally posted by me
I dont consider myself part of the so-called 9/11 "Truth Movement."

So that is only my opinion. I dont represent the "Truth Movement" or anyone else.

edit for continuity

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Perhaps it would be best if we just duked it out and the last man standing (all in a metaphorical sense, of course) would have the majority of the hearts and the minds.

Isn't that what democracy is all about?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Realizing that major flaws exist in the official story is an absolute must before anything else is considered. The theories of who, where, why, when, and how are actually of no value whatsoever in one's search for the truth. First and foremost, one has to establish in his/her mind that he/she has indeed been deceived.

Ultimately, we all have to arrive at our own personal conclusions. I can only suggest this superbly written essay that deals with the inconsistencies of 9/11.

I am of the opinion that those of us who agree on the basic concept of a 9/11 cover-up should have a forum of our own at ATS. Perhaps those who think that there is no cover-up should have their own forum, also. Then, like-minded individuals might be able to participate in worthwhile discussions on the subject of 9/11 without constant badgering from the 'other side'.

I'm sure that this idea would be quickly shot down by our neighborhood skeptics, however, who - oddly enough - seem to thrive on arguing at the behest of the U.S. government.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

like-minded individuals might be able to participate in worthwhile discussions on the subject of 9/11

I dont think a one sided discussion is a worthwhile discussion personally... Its kinda like talkin to yourself.

I'm sure that this idea would be quickly shot down by our neighborhood skeptics

I hope Im not included in your idea of a neighborhood skeptic.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
Realizing that major flaws exist in the official story is an absolute must before anything else is considered. The theories of who, where, why, when, and how are actually of no value whatsoever in one's search for the truth. First and foremost, one has to establish in his/her mind that he/she has indeed been deceived.

Ultimately, we all have to arrive at our own personal conclusions. I can only suggest this superbly written essay that deals with the inconsistencies of 9/11.

I am of the opinion that those of us who agree on the basic concept of a 9/11 cover-up should have a forum of our own at ATS. Perhaps those who think that there is no cover-up should have their own forum, also. Then, like-minded individuals might be able to participate in worthwhile discussions on the subject of 9/11 without constant badgering from the 'other side'.

I'm sure that this idea would be quickly shot down by our neighborhood skeptics, however, who - oddly enough - seem to thrive on arguing at the behest of the U.S. government.

Saw the "works for US government" assumption from a mile away. Oh well.

Ironically enough I do. I'm a librarian at a federal library. Unfortunately the government doesn't pay me anything to argue with you guys, wish they did though.

Anyways, your idea is silly, the point of this forums is to "uncover the truth" correct? If we seperated them it would just be one giant circle jerk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join