It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old school games?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I love playing pacman, ms pacman, frogger etc. The kids look at them and go how old is this game Mom. LOL

Whats your favorites?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I like galaga, tetris, and pac man. If youre into the older games then you should get an xbox 360. New games for your kids and you can buy all your favorite older games at the marketplace.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ahhh yes, frogger, man I spent a lot of quarters on that game.
Defender and Astroids too.

Hey, if I may, PC Games, I'm looking for the original
Jetfighter game. It was on a computer that I used to use at work back round 1998 or so, I think it was a DOS based game.

Anyone know where I can find it?

I've searched everywhere and bought two copies from ebay that didn't work...:shk:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm into the Role Playing Games:

*Breath of Fire
*Dragon Warrior/Quest
*Final Fantasy
*Lufia
*Zelda
*Secret of Mana
*Etc etc

There's nothing like sitting down after a long day of work, and flicking on some RPG's! (Of course, every once in a while, I have to look up and make sure people are being fed, bills paid, yadda yadda hee hee)

My son loves the ones where there's plenty O' guts and gore. I encourage him to try otherwise. Heck! I raised him on the RPG's, how dare he defect to the other side?!? lolol

He recently downloaded an emulator on the puter for the old Super Nintendo Games. Talk about a walk down memory lane. This emulator had sooo many games to play. Yet, I didn't like the fact of using the arrow keys for moving the characters around, so just today, I sent his gaming arse up to the mall and got him to pick up a 'control paddle' (like the ones used for console systems) and this ran through the USB port. WOW! What a difference! Now I can crank the chair back into relax mode and play play play!

There are alot of old-school games out there that are starting to come back. Some of the games are worth some good monies, now that they are 'classic'. E-bay fetches a pretty penny for them too.

If you're not into the gore and shoot-em all on the screen type, I highly reccommend the RPG's. These games are pretty intricate, and the story-lines and graphics can be amazing.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Console I never really played much on consoles

Wizardry Originally Apple 1 computer I think , Nobunagas Ambition Nintendo
Cyberball Sega Genesis

PC

Knights of the Sky Microprose DOS
Master of Orion 1 Microprose DOS
Heretic ID games (if I remember correctly) DOS
X wing, Tie Fighter Lucasarts DOS
Dark Forces Lucasarts DOS
MechCommander/MechCommander Deperate Measures Fasa win95+
Ground Control 1 Massive win95+
Age of Empires+ Expansion Microsoft win95+
Master of Orion 2 Microprose win95+
X wing vs Tie Fighter Lucasarts win95+
Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter + Trials of the Luremaster Expansion Black Isle Win 98+

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
list of fav games that i consider old school that i still love and play to this day.

final fantasy-the whole series lol
zelda
super mario 3 and super mario rpg
double dragon
bubble bobble
mario kart
and one of my personal favorites lol toejam and earl,

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If you want to get seriously old school there was a multiplayer game on the ZX spectrum called Chaos that was perhaps one of the most fun games ever made and could work with up to eight players. The Idea was you each had a wizard and could cast spells and it was basicly a battle until one was left.

I actually found a remake of it called Chaos Groove and saved it on one of my pendrives for quick games now and again.

Moving forward to the Amiga Speedball 2 was crazy fun as well and I'd love to see a really good remake of that come out sometime.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Speedball on the Amiga, you my friend have just lit up a part of my brain that had long gone to sleep.

Speedball what a great game, I'm still looking for a pc version / emulator of the game Meglomaniac, again another classic from the Amiga.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah the old school games. I have my own collection when I need to take that trip down memory lane.
Loved Breath of Fire! Had a huge crush on Katt from part 2 when I was a kid. lol
Marble madness (that game pissed me off but it was addictive).
Duck hunt and Hogans alley, that Nintendo zapper gun rocked!
Mario of course.
Final Fantasy, awesome serries, only got into part 3 for the Snes, as well as the EPIC FF7 for the playstation, also played 8 and 9 though.
METROID!!!! One of my favorite games!
Master Blaster. I played that to death.
Battle Toads and double dragon. Good games.
Zelda. For obvious reasons, that game was pure gold for me.
MegaMan. The NES series rocked. Can't wait to get MegaMan 9.

Wow so many to list. Anyone remember ET for the Atari? Failure! lol

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Slash]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now i really feel old .. Atari pong was the BOMB in my neighborhood back when it came out.

Once technology advanced Asteroids kept me occupied for hours. Have i gone too far back?? Sorry.. now if you will excuse me i have to load the icebox and crank my victrola.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
How old school are we talking?

I remember the mid nineties EA sports games like Madden 2006 and FIFA 2005, they were great fun. As was roadrash, tetris, columns, streets of rage, mariokart, double dragon and how can i forget one of the best games ever made.....MICROMACHINES V2.....hilarious to play

Wow so many to list. Anyone remember ET for the Atari? Failure! lol

Lol, apparently all the ET games ended up in landfill. It was voted the worst game......ever

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I never got into the sports games, except R.B.I. baseball for the NES. Roadrash was a great game, forgot to put that in my list, same with Tetris, my mom was a goddess in that game (yes my mom plays video games). Streets of rage was awesome too. I think part 2 is my fave, but part 3 was cool too.
Can't forget about mario kart. And Micromachines! I loved that one! Of course can't forget about Ninja Turtles.
Hmmm, also have Doom and duke nukem 3d, other ID games like Quake, heratic, and hexen. My family would play CoOp via serial cable on those games. Once had 6 of us running around in Doom, I'll never forget that.
Oh yeah, the game Descent! That was a fave of mine, wish I could get part 2 working on my computer.
Heres a little some thing that'll spice some things up in case you haven't seen it.. MegaMan 3 lyrics

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Slash]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thought I should bring up this youtube video to

Great for a laugh...these games werent very big hits

au.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Bwahahaha. I love that guys videos.
Never saw that one before though, nice find!

I just thought of another old game. Magic Carpet. They need to make another sequel.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow,thats a good question.
There are so many to choose from.
I'll give just a few.

The Legend of Zelda

Super Mario Bros 3

CastleVania

Tecmo Super Bowl

Double Dragon

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My Fav arcade game of all times is the stand up version of Tron. I would play it at the local bolwing allen for hours.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I own a WORKING Sega Genesis, something I'm told doesn't exist. Anyway since my other systems are out of commission at the moment, (lil bro broke the PS3 and the Xbox has acute Red Ring of Death) I play the Sega with a lot of pride and happiness.

My games:
Vectorman 2
Phantasy Star IV
Sonic 1,2, + 3
Landstalker (Zelda knock-off)
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Revenge of Shinobi
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Super Hang-on
Pirates of Dark Water
College Football

I have numerous records and favorite tricks, but I mostly play them simply because I'd be bored otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
WOW what a trip down memory lane!!!

Being a pretty big gamer as a kid, I grew up on Arcade, Atari and Commodore64 games.

My list of fav Arcade:

Double Dragon (All time Fav.)
TMNT
The Simpsons
Golden Axe
Elevator Action (yeah I know...)
Dragons Lair
Mortal kombat
Leathal Enforcers
Street Fighter
Bubble Bobble
Ghosts and Goblins
Ghouls and Ghosts
Wonder Boy

(Gotta love Emulators
)

Atari:

Asteroids
River Raid
Solaris

Commodore64:

Boulderdash (all of them)
ROB Helicopter
Dungeons and Dragons (all)
Ghosts and Goblins
Ghouls and Ghosts
Wonder Boy
BatMan (all)
Summer Games
Winter Games
Sk8 or die
Defender of the Crown
Shinobi

(still have the old girl and all the games
)

LOL... I remember playing ET at a the neighbours place, just couldn't understand it :bnghd: I did find a flashing block thing though... can't remember what it was though???

Worst ever game on Atari: Tubby Bird. (I don't blame anyone that hasn't heard of it)

Anyone else have a game that is up for the PRIZE of WORLDS WORST GAME EVER???? ...or is there a thread about that already?

Cheers, Fox.

[edit on 5/10/08 by fox_3000au]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
NARC. I used to have this game for the NES. I still have my NES too but I don't even think it works anymore and I've no idea what I ever did with the game.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
How about commander keen? I love that game, when I was little I used to play that game for ages on our old 386 pc. Man... those were the days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join