It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forged Origins of the New Testament?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.nexusmagazine.com...

What the Church doesn't want you to know
It has often been emphasised that Christianity is unlike any other religion, for it stands or falls by certain events which are alleged to have occurred during a short period of time some 20 centuries ago. Those stories are presented in the New Testament, and as new evidence is revealed it will become clear that they do not represent historical realities. The Church agrees, saying:
"Our documentary sources of knowledge about the origins of Christianity and its earliest development are chiefly the New Testament Scriptures, the authenticity of which we must, to a great extent, take for granted."
(Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. iii, p. 712)

Being an atheist myself, I have never put much validity into the bible or even religion in general. However, while I can put some validity into the Old Testament for the simple fact that it could well be an important HISTORICAL document. However, as far as the New Testament goes, I just can't put much faith in it one way or the other knowing how it was pieced together for us to take as it was fed to us. Especially the knowledge that certain volumes were knowingly suppressed just makes it that much less valid.

Anyhow, just posting this for your perusal.

Jasn

new topics

join