It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder & Lightning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I can remember as a child, laying out in the grass through every thunder and lightning storm. Laying in the wet grass, with the rain pounding down, and watching the sky light up as if it were fireworks.

Honest, I don't know what happened to me.

About a month ago, I was driving home on the highway, and I found myself in the worst thunder and lightning storm I had ever seen. The rain itself was torrential, and I had to pull over until it slowed down. I pulled over, put the four ways on, and sat there until it slowed. Every other vehicle on the road had pulled over as well, it was that bad. The thunder was crashing like crazy, and the lightning had the skies lit to where I was almost ready to squint.

Then quickly, a few flashes hit not far from the truck, and I could see where they actually hit the tops of the trees. You could see the big flash of whiteness, and then there was a red shot of flames where the tops of the trees were on fire. The fire didn't last, but you could see the sparks shooting everywhere. *Bang*Bang*Bang* There were three consecutive shots that hit trees, all around the same vicinity. I couldn't believe it, but I was terrified. The same kid who lived for these storms was actually terrifieid.

Now tonight, I had to run out for a minute, and out of nowhere another huge storm rolled in. The thunder and lightning is just as strong as it was on that day, and I find myself scared again. When I'm in the house I'm fine, but if I'm outside at all, or even in my vehicle, I'm seriously scared.

Having to run from the truck to the house was something I actually prepped myself for.

What about everyone else? Any fears of thunder & lightning?

I'm surprised that I have been like this lately. Doesn't seem to be passing anytime soon though.

new topics

join