It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Police Link Black Muslim Group to Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

California Police Link Black Muslim Group to Murder

www.foxnews.com

OAKLAND, Calif. — Police said they recovered firearms linked to the slaying of an Oakland journalist during a series of early morning raids Friday targeting members of a Black Muslim splinter group that operates a chain of bakeries.

Colleagues said Oakland Post editor Chauncey Bailey, 57, had been working on a story about Your Black Muslim Bakery before he was ambushed and slain Thursday morning near the Alameda County courthouse in downtown Oakland.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is horrible. I heard of the raid earlier, now it appears they have connected this group to a murder.

I'll be the first to say though that these black Muslim groups in the U.S. are not mainstream Muslims and kind of viewed as cults by them.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is big news here in the Bay Area. This guy was a community leader and an outspoken critic about all of the violence etc. that has plagued Oakland for some time now.

While I may not have agreed with some of politics, he was a force for good in his community and a role model for many people.....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Are there any other threads about this? I find it really odd that there seems to be zero interest in this case on here. I've seen very little on the Celebrity News Networks either. You'd figure us conspiracy nuts would be sinking our teeth into this one to see if there is something other than what little news we can find going on, and you'd have to think the MSM would be all up in it too. It was one of their colleagues gunned down in broad daylight.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
hum this falls more into mafia type of killing than anything else. They just happen to be black muslin.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I started a thread on this a day later than this thread seems like ethere is no interst in the story

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are links to several articles in the thread

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Saw your thread when i searched oakland too crow. No particular reason why I responded to this one over yours. Just seems strange to me that there is no interest. I hate to say this but maybe there is a bias among members here. Had this guy been working on some type of expose on say Gov. Terminator, Billary or BushCo we'd be all over it.

BTW your crows had me rubing my screen thinking some bug had got on it LOL.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well my thread was a duplicate of this thread so the discussion should take place here. I am not sure if there is a bias I think it got lost with the bridge collapse and other stories.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think the underlining implications of this could be devistating.

I have never thought to say it but here it goes.

Blacks Americans have become the forgotten minority in American. After all the years of struggle and harsh time in this country, they have thier rights now and have changed the culture of the population. Now with the influx of illigal immigrants being the 'hot' issue, its reciving all the attention. In my own town, i have black friend that tell me "(you) wouldn't belvie how many black muslims there are here" Thery're almost a dozen mosqes in the local area. Where is the black man turning to. It would not be out of the ordinary for this to happen... look in other parts of the world, western europe, the UK, many places in africa.

I know not all mulems are radical, ive met and a very good mulesm friends, but cultures that opress women the way these fanitics do... these people have no place in America, or the western world.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree TKainZero, but this problem is not a recent problem. Here on the East Coast we were having problems with these groups all the way back in the 1960s.

In the 1970s there were several huge battles between the NYPD and these groups. In once incident a group of officers entered a building in response to a fake officer down call that was phoned in by this group so they could ambush the cops when they showed up. 4 officers showed up and dozens of members of this mosque started attacking the officers, 1 officer was killed and the others critically wounded. The officers that responded to help the first group of officers were told to back off and not try and rescue the officers that were wounded and being held hostage because the mayor at the time was afraid that there would be huge riots in the city if the NYPD's Emergency Services Unit was sent in (there was additional fighting outside the mosque by members of the community throwing rocks at them). The wounded officers and the body of the dead officer were eventually rescued after "community leaders" intervened.

Whats worse is that the then mayor (John Lindsay) went off on a vacation rather then attend the slain officer's funeral, the ONLY time in the history of New York City that the mayor did not attend the funeral of a city LEO killed in the line of duty.

The name of the officer is Philip Cardillo, you can try on google but there is not much information out there about this. Here is a good website a found that gives a more in depth overview:
www.nycpba.org...

new topics

top topics

join