It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bourne Ultimatum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I watched the Bourne Ultimatum last night at midnight and it really got me thinking about our nation's intelligence agencies. In the movie they show the NSA tracking phone calls across the globe, and taking control of CCTV cameras at will. Assassins or "assets" are activated to kill government targets, and teams of CIA operatives are always ready to execute rendition protocols (to kidnap people in other words). Sometimes kill orders are even sent against CIA agents because they are suspected of trying to leak the blackops program to the public eye.

I know this movie is a product of Hollywood, and I've already anticipated that some people are going to respond "it's just a movie." But how close does it come to reality? We already know that the CIA is carrying out extraordinary rendition, and that the NSA is wiretapping people without oversight. How far fetched is it to believe that our government has an assassination program? They've done so many shady things in the past. They planned terrorist attacks on US citizens (Operation Northwoods), tested psychedelic drugs as mind control agents (MK Ultra), and imported coc aine to fund revolutionaries in foreign countries (Iran Contra).

Given what they are doing now, and what they've done in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA had even darker secrets. One only has to look at some of the facts surrounding The Kennedy Assassination to see the basic evidence supporting the existence of government assassins.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Rahul Buttar]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't see it far fetched at all. A lot of the stuff that is put in movies is for "entertainment purposes" but I find it as a buffer between what is reality and not. I mean if it's in a movie then it's not based on anything for real, right? Just another way of blurring the lines of reality...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The movies are not accurate to the novels that Ludlum wrote. The last one was written over 15 years ago. This is just movie making. If you want to have your ass scared off I'd recommend Enemy of the State.

new topics

join