It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out There TV... What's your take on it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Out There TV... What's your take on it?

Hello Everyone,
This is my first real thread, so bear with me, if I make a mistake in format or protocol, please let me know.

I've been watching the show "Out There TV", with Kate and Richard for some time now. As I'm sure a lot of you know, it features talk and interviews with many of the popular subjects here on ATS, such as UFO's, Morgellans Syndrome, 2012, New World Order and many others.

Though I find much of the topics presented highly interesting and those interviewed well educated and informative, I still can't help but feel there is something wrong with the hosts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a superficial person and I don't go around judging on appearances, but they (Kate and Richard) don't strike me as being totally believable. I'm not sure if is the sense of amusement that they display as they are reporting on what should be to them, very serious topics, or what. But as I watch, I am plagued with the paranoid feeling (yes, I said paranoid) that they are shills put in there by the government or "powers that be" to make light of what is going on and discredit any rational discussion that may be made of it by the average American.

So my question is, do you think that this show is sanctioned by disinfo ops, is it a ploy to capitalize on alternative topics or is it a legitimate, though poorly funded, sincere show to inform the public of other viewpoints that mainstream media will not touch?

Bottom line, do they really care or is it just a well thought out weekly supermarket-tabloid style show?

Link to Web-site: www.outtheretv.com...

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Sky Eyes]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
LEAVE THIS ALONE IT'S NOT REAL

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
LEAVE THIS ALONE IT'S NOT REAL

Ummm... Are you talking about the show or the thread?
Mods.. Sorry for the one-liner

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I havent seen the show because I am in Europe. But most of the time when my gut-feeling said that something is wrong, it was right 9 times out of 10. It sounds like the show lacks any depth or follow up (which reminds me, thats just like a lot of posts here. :-)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I havent seen the show because I am in Europe. But most of the time when my gut-feeling said that something is wrong, it was right 9 times out of 10. It sounds like the show lacks any depth or follow up (which reminds me, thats just like a lot of posts here. :-)

I hear that Skyfloating, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm not "real". But I'm not going to dwell on it, I see skin where there always was skin and I sense a soul right where it belongs.

You are right about gut-feelings, but this one has me confused. Is it that they want us to doubt what people are talking about or is it because what we are presented with, we don't want to believe?

If the show is just to capitalize on talk, hey, I can accept that. But I want my son to grow up in a somewhat peaceful world, (I know, that's a laugh!) and to live at least until he can take care of himself. That is why things like this bother me. I want to make him prepared to face what may come, whether it be continuous war or an unbelievable future.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Never mind the post about your thread not being "real". Makes no sense whatsoever.

I dont know the show but I would assume that its not a conspiracy. Having worked for TV for a couple of years I have witnessed how shows like this are put together without heart, only for quick-consumption, easy entertainment, no depth. Thats TV for you. Thats why much of the newer generation is going away from TV to internet. Its here that they can go deeper. In a TV show that is limited in time and scope and viewership, you need quick entertainment and cant really get down to serious stuff.

But hey...maybe someone on ATS will come around and be able to confirm your suspicions.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Never mind the post about your thread not being "real". Makes no sense whatsoever.

Having worked for TV for a couple of years I have witnessed how shows like this are put together without heart, only for quick-consumption, easy entertainment, no depth. Thats TV for you.

But hey...maybe someone on ATS will come around and be able to confirm your suspicions.

Thanks twice Skyfloating. Once for making me feel better
and another for giving me food for thought.

The thing is about the show, they seem to be genuine, though a bit simple. They do have what seems to be legitimate scientists, authors and other sources on for interview, though only by telephone (pic w/ background while talking by wire). Though I'm not so sure about some of the authors (sensationalism sells) the scientists and doctors do check out. That is why I keep giving them chances.

I am a dichotomous person, very cynical, yet very trusting. Which came first? I don't know. Probably trusting, leading to cynical, but it had the end effect of making me want to check every source to make sure, no matter what the question.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Sky Eyes]

new topics

top topics

join