It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother is here already

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I posted the address of this site 3 months ago. They are helping the Government (which doesnt surprise me)

Read here:
www.spaceimaging.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I went to a demo of something very similar.

Big Brother may be watching you, but he sure isn't watching you (all of you) in real time. Computers can't analyze a unique "you" and spot peculiar behavior patterns and flag them. This is a free country, and there's all sorts of peculiar behavior patterns.

Now... if you're stupid enough to make yourself a target (go around telling everyone you want to overthrow the government, buy semi-automatic weapons and other explosives and move out to the countryside, obtain a fake drivers' license (or one for another country), use a lot of offshore banking, and negotiate with gun runners and drug dealers, then yes, you're going to have Big Brother watching you.

Heck, you'll have everyone in the country watching you and saying "my gosh! That's a dangerous nut-case!"

But the average citizen isn't being watched. There's too many people, and it's such a waste of time to focus on groups and individuals who aren't doing anything extremely suspicious (seeming to be a government threat.)

No, hanging out on this board doesn't make you a government threat.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Oh... the GIS system I saw the demo on was impressive but...

1) they can't analyze data real-time
2) they can't get license plate numbers from overhead (and really can't get them at all)
3) they can't identify people from satellite views. Othewise, they'd be monitoring the middle East and would have nailed Osama the minute he stuck his nose out of Tora Bora.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 04:45 PM
link   
what if they have it and just let the stuff go unnoticed. you look at the stuff the NSA has i mean echelon and stuff. That susposebly has the abilit to reconize voice patters and if it is someone they are watching they auomatically record teh conversation. ALso what about raptor an orbital satalite that has the ability to read u hard drive from space scary. I think they have the technology and arent using it on ppl like bin laden cause he isnt a big enought threat. I belive we are in the end days and itll be used then but there just playing with it now freakin us out. Realize if they made it public they had it by nabbing bin laden or like Saddam in a heart beat all the countries would realize it is the biggest security theat to them ever and they would do anything to destroy it.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 07:32 PM
link   
And his name is Osama

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you recall the telescreen in "1984", you'll remember that everyone was aware that it couldn't possibly be watching everyone at once.
The trouble was that you could never be sure that you were someone who WASN'T being watched. It's not the surveillance; it's the fear of surveillance.
"THoughtcrime" may not be far away.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The new homeland security division.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You are right, Big Brother is here, and armed and dangerous.
First the Patriot Act, Now the Homeland Security.

They can tap your phone, read your e-mail, search your house, all legal now.

And HLS has given them their Defense Grand Data Base, that will go into opeations in 2003, to gather data on each and every American, all in the name of National Security.

Looks like we will be going for a wild ride in the near future.

I just wonder what the next laws put into effect will do to us? Maybe force the Smallpox Vaccine on us all?

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The us is supposed to be a democracy and i dont believe it is in most ways so if the people dont want the laws passed isnt it are job to send letters to congress and get the masses involved. We need to. I hope the brainwashing hasnt goten to enough of the citizens already that they wont complain or do something about these injustices being made.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 07:50 AM
link   
pizza,
You wouldn't need to brainwash everyone, just the ppl in your Senate / Congress as they are the ones that actually make the votes.

The problem with all democracies such as this is that it still relies on one person to cast their vote that represents the ppl they represent, but the view of that person may not be the view of the majority of the constituents - it is based on trust and I think sometimes that trust is betrayed for their own political selfish gain. If all those ppl are pro your homeland security dept. then there is no debate really is there.

You can of course vote them out in x yrs time, but much damage can be done by then and then you have the problems that the next electee's time could be spent trying to lobby to undo the previous regimes enactments whilst appearing ineffectual to other voters and .. well you know how it goes.

On the subject of thoughtcrime, it is already here and it is labelled political correctness my friend.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
they are closer than we think.look at the echloen project they can pick up people who are potetial terroists.all they do it look at people who have bad contats if you phone email or conatact people abroad and look for certain words.there are more than 1000 satalites in there space.and homeland security if no one know got the people who was guitly of the barley bomb.and now the eu have just orded 4 new gallileo satalites with gps capabiltis so how close is the big brother thing now.

new topics

top topics

join