It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper snubs Williams in visiting NFLD. flood zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Prime Minister Stephen Harper visited flood-ravaged communities in eastern Newfoundland on Friday, although his tour caught Premier Danny Williams off guard.

Looks like ole' Stevie is at it again. Last month was NS's Rodney Macdonald and Sask.'s Lorne Calvert,both in the same day. Now, he didn't bother to inform Danny Williams of his visit. MacDonald Calvert Williams

I have a question; why do we call our politicians honorable when they don't seem to display very much of it?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What's with Harper these days? A united, transparent government? I'd settle for either or at this point.

When Harper came to Nova Scotia and didn't bother to invite his own Conservative Premier, questions began to arise. Now he does the same to NFLD's premiere? I was not aware of Calvert getting the snub as well, but it certainly does not surprise me.

What purpose does this actually serve?

It gives off the presentation that the two levels of government can not get along, and seriously undermines the position of the Provincial leaders. We, on the east coast, are used to getting the shaft on most financial issues as it is. But if our leaders can not get along with their own party leaders, how can we possibly expect them to mingle with the leaders of the opposition?

Seems like Harper has little respect for provincial governments.

But Harper said the two levels of government rarely expect to be included in each other's announcements, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

CTV Article

I bet.

new topics

join