It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey's are Evolved from Dolphins?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

But whales used to WALK the earth, not swim, walk. This was during the time of the dinosaurs..... although i cant think of the time period.

i dont think whales where around back in that period...
yeah i watched an interesting evolution show a while back that was lookin to find how Cetaceans evoluted (Cetaceans are the family that whales and dolphines belong to, if u didnt know), and apparently they evolved from a wolf like creature, somewhere in... ohh i dont remember, but i remember that its now a desert.

and yeah its very interesting. Grey adbudctees to claim that they feel they are paralized... maybe this is a concerntrated sound beam? that has developed alot stronger than normal Cetaceans here on earth. and i also read somewhere that dolphines do paralize there pray by a concerntrated sonar beam.
and also abductees claim that when they are paralized the *greys* are looking straight at them and having there head directly in line with theres.
this sonar beam is created by a organ called a melon or melan? in dolphines. maybe the greys use there to paralize ppl???

any idea?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I was quite intrigued by the greys and dolphin connections before. However this theory is based on only a few similarities, and there are significant amount of differences to make any conclusions of dolphin origin theory seem ill-conceived.

As for the paralysis stare, the accounts given by abductees, suggest a more paranormal basis than ultrasonic waves. It is likely based on psychic abilities.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Funny a thought like that just crossed my mind recently... great minds think alike i guess...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
"his name is flipper, flipper, faster than lightening......"

c'mon folk, lets get real. Why is any theory immediatly swallowed hook line and sinker. the aliens are all animals, reptiles, dolphins....what next, sinister grey chickens?

[edit on 1-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
nice Valedamar i personally think that earth was used as a genetic zoo were apes were modified to become more human and the same for dolphins eg greys but they were relocated anyone with me on that?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
if greys/dolphins ever invaded why use fancy sonar weapons wouldnt converting millitary craft in to fishing traulers works as a better defence i mean thousands of dolphins have been caught in nets

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's an interesting theory, but a couple things struck me right off that he probably needs to go back and re-examine:

The skin of a Grey is very similar to that of dolphins, both in texture and in some cases, coloration. If you have an abductee look at a dark gray porpoise, the response is in the affirmative. On Earth, the dolphins evolved legs and arms to function on land but later returned to the oceans. X-rays clearly show the residual appendages in modern day dolphins. It is possible that the Greys evolved just as Earth dolphins but did not return to the oceans, and continued to develop as a land-based mammal.

While this is an interesting theory, it overlooks the currently accepted theory (in the scientific use of the term, not the colloquial wild-assed-guess use) that the dolphins' ancestor was wolf-like and land based. This would mean that it had skin similar to other land-based predators: pinkish and hairy. The coloration of the dolphins' skin is a reaction to the marine environment. The color helps hide them, and the texture allows them to move through the water easier, it's not that the dolphins' ancestor was a smooth, grey-skinned hairless wolf-like thing. In order for the theory presented on the link to be correct, the dolphins would have had to move back to land after becoming dolphins. This isn't impossible, and it may be that Mr. Butler simply needs to re-word his essay to make it clear that this is what he meant all along. Still, it's something worth pointing out.

The eyes of Greys are described as large and black with what appears to be a protective shielding covering the eye. Many Earth aquatic animals have developed protective outer-eye shields for underwater use. It is possible that this is a left-over attribute from the Greys' ocean origins.

Dolphins don't have "eye-shields" to protect their eyes. They have eyelids like other mammals. If you accept Mr. Butler's theory, for the sake of argument, it would be necessary to point out how the dolphins on the Grey's planet of origin evolved in a different direction than our own. Again, not an absolute denial of the theory, but a point that needs to be re-evaluated or rewritten.

Some believe that on Earth, man shared a common genetic ancestor with the dolphin.

Technically, all life on earth shares a common genetic ancestor if you go far enough back.

Up to a certain point in development, human and dolphin fetuses are nearly identical.

Up to a certain point in development, human and iguana fetuses are nearly identical. Granted this point is not so far along as for dolphins, but there are similarities the exist even after the "random blob of cells" stage. This, again, is true for most animals.

These last two points are pretty specious, and were probably thrown in to gain some easy points and to bolster an argument that is weak in places. Ending on a strong note, basically.

The theory is an attractive one, and one that isn't without merit. The argument presented, though, isn't strong enough for me to embrace it as anything other than an interesting line of thought.

Although I am skeptical about UFO reports, and think that at least as many of the sightings can be ascribed to the witness's desire to see a UFO as there are genuine ones, I find the subject fascinating. I think, though, that it's as likely that Greys, or whatever other aliens we eventually encounter, will be the process of their own evolution, unique, just as we are here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join