It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is a guy that want to ignore what the Geneva Convention says in order to achieve his goals. Does he really think that that would deter any muslim religious fanatic from trying to destroy us. Did we let down when Pearl Harbor or WTC were attacked?

And is not the first time that he has talk about this, he is serious when he talks about starting WWIII.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No offense and I am not a slacker when it comes to taking on Muslim Extremism, but punishing all Muslims for the crimes of a relative minority of Muslims would be wrong, stupid and insane and immoral. Don't you think that the Radicals in Islam would like nothing better than a rallying call for all Muslims to wage Jihad. Bombing Mecca and Medina would be gift wrapping such a call on a silver platter.

Attack those who attack us with extreme prejudice, don't intentionally take out civilians if at all possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Very old news!

Good idea then, still a good idea now!

I would privately warn leaders of all Muslim leaders that if any like 9/11/01 happens again, that the destruction of Mecca would be on the table. Maybe this would stop these nations from funding terrorists under the table.

Maybe that would get the weakness factor off the United States back. Terrorists thrive on weakness. Look for the next major attack under a Democrat President, when America is at its weakest.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Good idea then, still a good idea now!

I would privately warn leaders of all Muslim leaders that if any like 9/11/01 happens again, that the destruction of Mecca would be on the table.

That would imply that said Muslim leaders had control of the Islamist Extremists like A.Q. Unless you know something I and most intelligence services don't, those Nations do not have control of those groups. In fact most of them would rather have A.Q. eliminated as they consider them a threat to their own survival. You would punish allies to send a message? Doesn't make sense to me at all. You would punish a whole religion for the actions of a relative few radicals? That is crazy in my opinion and just plays into the radicals hands.

Now if you can positively ID a nation that funds and/or supports a Massive terrorist attack like another 9/11 then you can talk about measures to deal with said nation and government. Don't mistake my opposition to bombing Mecca and Medina to think I wouldn't punish those that did or assisted in any terrorist act with, as they say in diplomacy, "great consequences".

top topics

join