It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you addicted to cheeeeessssse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It seems a Dr. Neal Barnard has found a link between cheese and morphine in that apparently cheese contains a small amount of morphine from the cows liver.
This is meant "according to Barnard" to help with the mother calf bonding, so who here gets the cravings for the stuff?
I wonder if thats why mice like it so much??

www.faxdaily.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
mmmm, fondue! Feta! Cream cheese! Pepperjack! Ricotta! CHEESE! YES! MORPHINE! EVEN BETTER!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
does cheesy puffs count?

I am addicted to them, can never eat just a few, gotta finish those whole darn bag, then lick my fingers clean...mmmmm

so what are the side effects or benefits of this addiction other than gaining weight???

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Monty Python "Cheese shop" sketch!!

www.minderella.com...

And, I *do* like cheese, as it happens...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Cheesy puffs
Well theres probably tons of nasty stuff in them as its all premade food. As for the cheese part, well I can't see a major problems, I used to work in the dairy industry and if your lucky enough to get it before pasturisation and such, then your recieve a good bout of some healthy bacteria. Good for the immune system.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by feygan
Cheesy puffs
Well theres probably tons of nasty stuff in them as its all premade food. As for the cheese part, well I can't see a major problems, I used to work in the dairy industry and if your lucky enough to get it before pasturisation and such, then your recieve a good bout of some healthy bacteria. Good for the immune system.

hmmmm...interesting...maybe if I read your post a few more times...my mind will realize that "cheesy puffs are evil" and then maybe my diet will work...thanks for the enlightment....actually I know processed food isn't too good...but its the processed stuff that tastes so darn good

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have heard that mice are not obsessed with cheese after all, for example, they prefer chocolate to cheese. But they eat anything when hungry, buy it seems they prefer fatty foods with some dairy content.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
OH! YEAH! I forgot! Fried cheese! Love fried cheese! Yum! Does the frying take the drugs out?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just knew Steve Urkel was onto something!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The power of cheese is now empirically proven .. Finaly! I knew it would be proven someday. I also happen to think that pork rinds have got to be the most disgusting"treat" ever made by humankind.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You need something to cut that cheese?

Here is a article I submitted for news but didnt make it.

Cheese cutter

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Man, I had a block of cheese last night and today (finished it up), and dang, I sure am feeling loopy!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Behold....the power of CHEESE....

Kinda gives it a whole no meaning, huh?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Behold the power of CHEESE!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well if there is morphine in cheese..im just gonna start shooting it up for faster relief of the "cravings"..

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've been studying autism, and there is a theory about being addicted and having withdrawls to cheese/dairy and wheat...maybe they're hyper-sensitive to the morphine.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
this thread is kind of cheesy

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
this thread is kind of cheesy

yeah, but as I read through it, I'm munching on some shredded parmesan...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i am a cheese fiend

my number one favorite food is sushi
and number two is CHEESE

people often ask me" are going to have any spagehtti with your cheese?" people always get onto me about eaten too much cheese. would u like some egg with your cheese?

i am trying to cut down due to cholestarol and health reasons.

[Edited on 093131p://3109u by panchovilla]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I agree with Panchovilla--I die for sushi and cheese!
I love Ricotta cheese. I'm Polish so we make pierogis,
which I fill with egg and dry large curd cottage cheese,
fry in butter. Talk about addicting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join