posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:08 PM
Just like the prison where all the jokes got so old that they were given a number, the time has come for ATS to consolidate all the old statements and
give them a number also. This will save on disk space and add a conciseness to the forums that is sadly lacking. It also follows the philosophy of
“trim your quotes.” Over time it could be integrated into the Terms & Conditions of the site so that violations incurred warning flags should they
not be heeded. The following is a modest list. Members are encouraged to add their own favorites.
1. It’s a big universe out there and it’s foolish to think we are the only life in it.
2. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. (Sagan).
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Clarke)
4. I consider myself open minded. (Alt: ICMOM)
5. Anyone who does not believe in the New World Order/Secret government has got to have their head in the sand.
6. What is it with people who need to believe in aliens?
7. It only takes one UFO to be from outside of this planet, for this to be a reality
8. The truth is out there.
9. I want to believe.
10. Well, then, where are they?
11. Why don’t they just land on the White House Lawn?
12. Prove it’s NOT a fake!
13. Disclosure is near!
14. [Insert name here] is the Real Deal.
15. Cell phone towers are really the controlling mechanism for my implants.
16. We are a violent species.
17. Humans are like insects to aliens.
18. How do you know they are aliens? What if they came from here?
19. Lights in the sky do not equal aliens from space.
20. Breaking the speed of light is impossible, therefore no aliens are visiting us.
21. The Shadow Government is responsible for disinformation.
22. Maybe Serpo didn’t happen, but something like it did.
23. The Prime Directive prevents aliens from showing up.
24. Aliens stole my baby while I was pregnant.
25. That was no airplane; it was a UFO! (Francine/Gottigo)
26. I am not a skeptic, but