It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Pulled from Sublike Vessel in NYC River

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Three Pulled from Sublike Vessel in NYC River

abcnews.go.com

Authorities are questioning three men after pulling them from a submersible vessel in the East River in Brooklyn, N.Y., according to reports from ABC affiliate WABC.

The men were captured near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in downtown Brooklyn, near the massive cruise ship the Queen Mary 2, just after 11 a.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What were these guys up to? And it's interesting looking looking submersible.

Authorities say it's not terror related. Police had the fellows with no charges filled. But I'm really curious about this one. Let's see how the story unveils.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Was probably the Mythbusters

apc

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What's the crime?

If I were to go near the ship in a paddle boat, would I be detained as well?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
Was probably the Mythbusters

You know, you may be partially right... I watched a program last week which reconstructed an almost identical sub based on information still kicking around from the civil war. I don't think it was Mythbusters, though.

The sub was a 1-man unit which was to stick an explosive charge on the hull of a ship at harbour. I checked National Geographic, because I think that was the channel that carried the story, but their website doesn't show any tv listings prior to July 30.

But it sure matches the design of the one in the pic here.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't think you're allowed to just plop any old makeshift craft into New York harbor, especially where cruise ships are docked.

It looks pretty damned suspicious IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks pretty damned suspicious IMHO.

Just think about how many great inventors would be arrested, harassed, and have their invention confiscated for an indeterminate time if they lived in today's atmosphere where everything unknown = suspicious = criminal.

I don't think America would be nearly as great as today if the last 8 generations had been as fear ridden as today's sheeple.

Jon

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Where can you go with your makeshift sub if not a place where other boats are too? I mean do you have to find an isolated area that has enough depth and no other vessels? And you might require a pier too, you need to build one at an isolated place then?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
For starters, no one (officaly at least) is calling this terrorism etc.

It is suspicious simply because it is so bizzare. I have no problem with the police doing some questioning to see what these clowns were up to. Also you cannot be a floating hazzard to navigation and what happens if an oil tanker hits these morons and ruptures polluting the surround waters eh?

lets see what the investigation turns up.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This totally reminds me of the lawn chair balloon guy, assuming of course that there isn't some sinister criminal intent here. Like a hobbyist gone off the deep end who just needs to go after his interest regardless how dangerous it is and ignoring all proper protocol for such a thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hopefully it is nothing, but it is odd, especially factoring in it was close to a Cruise Ship. Even if it were something on the terror side, authorities might want to keep it quiet to keep prying eyes from figuing out security measures in place. They probably only found it since it was close to a the Cruise Terminal. I bet we have some decent detection systems there that people would rather remain secret.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Jezz, though...doesn't it look Victorian from that overhead on ABC? Now how would a vessel from that era impact on us today? guess I shouldn't have read Wright's book "A Scientific Romance"...it's all so H.G.Wells...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Do we have a time traveler situation unfolding here?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder if these guys are released if they will be allowed to keep their submersable. Imagine if it was flying and crashed in the water...I know reaching....

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If they did travel in time, it was from the 1770's.

See: www.onr.navy.mil...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nice work, GC... that's the unit I was talking about.

The Turtle.

my.fit.edu...

[edit on 3/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They have one of those turtles at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum on the Hudson River.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Heres a video of what it looked like as they towing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i like the idea of this story and I want to think that they were just testing out some old submarine.

but the fact that they did it near a major cruise liner is a little silly...they could have tried somewhere a little less populated that wouldn't have garnered so much attention.

oh well

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's a Dia-show from the vessel
Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join