It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atoms and our Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed how the planets in our solar system orbit the sun like the electrons and neutrons orbit the nucleus of an atom? Is there is a connection between the structure of atoms and the structure of a solar system? My hypothesis is that everything that exists in the universe are related by structure. Everything that is made up has planets/electrons orbiting a nucleus. Does that mean there is a center of the universe? Could our galaxy be orbiting a central nucleus?

Please tell me what you all think.

PS. If our solar system has 9 planets and this is compared to an atom, our solar system would be the element Flourine (F) (The atomic number represents the number of planets)

[edit on 3-8-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Our solar system doesn't really look like an atom, it looks like a 2 dimensional model of an atom, though. This video might help you out.

Google Video Link

video.google.com...

[edit on 8/3/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On the surface yeah, but this is OUR VISUAL representation of what an atom looks like.

The only true comparison that can be made, when all the facts are considered, is that every thing has "spin", this in turn (in the macro world) creates an elliptical plane around which every thing orbits due to the curvature of space/time.

Electrons exist in proberbilty clouds, planets do not.

The geometric model of the solar system fits MUCH better.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, but im really rushed... hope this post doesn't sound to ubrupt.

will discuss later if there are any questions

Cheers
AoN

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Pluto aint a planet anymore, so we have 8.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by PsykoOps]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Pluto aint a planet anymore, so we have 8.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by PsykoOps]

OK so the solar system, compared to an atom, would be the element oxygen(O) without Pluto. But I still count Pluto as a planet since it orbits the sun.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
OK so the solar system, compared to an atom, would be the element oxygen(O) without Pluto. But I still count Pluto as a planet since it orbits the sun.

Compared to a 2D model of an atom, yes. Atoms look nothing like this in realtity. And if your going to count pluto, why not include 2003 ub313, and the other distant planetary bodies as well?

Galaxies don't behave in this fashion, IMHO. We've still yet to figure out what dark matter and dark energies are, they make up most of our universe, and they seem to be holding our universe together. If galaxies behaved in this way then astronomers would have detected it by now IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647

Then you'll be in for a cold awakening since around Pluto there are many other bodies which all orbit the sun.
Wasn't that the final nail in Pluto's coffin when they found one that was even bigger than Pluto? Cant recall specifics though.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If our solar system was like oxygen, Mercury and Venus would share the same orbit and the remaining planets would share the second orbit. However since each planet has it's own orbit, it is clearly not like oxygen. In addition the nucleus does not give off heat, unlike the sun.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Hi, Dan5647.

I see what you mean, in your comparison.

Do a search with
www.ixquick.com...
with the keyword: fractals.

It will give you another "way" of understanding the universe.

Blue skies.

top topics

join