It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 08 – The Owner's Box - Skeptic Overlord

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A couple -very- close attempts.

The bounty is still up for the grabs though.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Okay, dag nab it. Here Goes:

Uther Pendragon
Patsy
WeFoundThem
House_Martin
Plover
Five Ounce Bird
One Pound Coconut
NotAEuropeanSwallow
Strand_Of_Creeper
Dorsal Guiding Feather
Supreme Skeptic Swallow
European Overlord
aw, hell, I dunno...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
OMG!

Unladen Swallow!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I know, I know, it's a reach but I did find this post while doing a search on "coconuts & William" looking through the thread it discusses Monty Python and coconuts is mentioned in there and I found a post by William discussing this username from the OLD board,

CrashTestDummy

I couldn't see all of this members posts but in the intro thead the member says this:

well, they found me

After a long long time away your overlord guy coaxed me to come back. (wow. a lot has changed!)

Hello. This is me. I'm another crazy IT guy with a passing interest in tin-foil-hat topics.

So what exactly is this mood thing?

Is this the original username?

I would hate to have your therapist bills with all of those multiple personalities.....

.....I'm thinking of making an appointment myself, after this adventure.....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm going bonkers just like you Jak and Spork. I'm throwing

african_swallow or africanswallow into the mix.

There

is an EZboard user but I'm sure I'm wrong hehe.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You guys are really missing the hint........ LISTEN TO HIS OWN WORDS.

Dave

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Mr Smith? SkepticGuy? I don't know...spent too long looking. I should have better things to do.

But I found this...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
SO says he was more of a lurker in those days:

I submit Skody,

(don't ask)

Originally posted by observer
I think it was this old board that I found all you old loons. I have been trapsing the netwith you since then. Ahh good times, good times

Of course then I was more of a lurker or observer, if you will and my name was skody (don't ask).

emphasis: mine

If this is true, SO has more alias than we realized...

..if this isn't true....

Then I have completely fallen off the ledge...

I know someone, some evil one, who knows, maybe several evil ones....

Are enjoying my pain and futility......

Laughs on me....

What were those lyrics?

"Theyre coming to take me away, hee hee, haw haw....etc etc."

"uh, Doctor!"

"....yes?"

"Is there time in your schedule for Jack's labotomy?"

"First let me finish the bottle in front of me."

MADNESS HAS SET IN

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What could this mean?

Originally posted by William on 1969/12/31 @ 07:00 PM

Walter Cronkite

Walter Cronkite?

[edit on 2007/8/22 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Looks like it may be a remanent of an old game. There is a post by William
referencing Walter Cronkite.

The odd date and number in your quote lead me to believe its from an old game.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
African Swallows? With an "s"?

That has to do with coconuts, no?

or, keeping with the Monty Python theme, a few C5's with the bomb strung between them, like African Swallows transporting a Coconut).

///

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I SAY AGAIN..... LISTEN to his OWN WORDS!

Dave

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Still searching but I think Falcon, was one of his own words, so I submit falcon,

my warped and tired logic for tying the 2 together....

...........on the ikon board you have this sig for falcon:

The diffrence between the ostrige and the bird. The ostrige sticks its head in the sand or up its , hoping when it pulls out everything will be fine the. The bird flys over and sees everthing. The ostrige cant fly the bird can. Falcon

......and in a post by TheyreHere (SO) on the same board we have:

There are two orders of skeptics as you seem to have intuitively concluded.

1- The Informed Skeptic: This is the group I aspire to be considered amongst. These folks have researched the slew of alternate theories and have come to conclusions that are contrary to popular conspiracy mythos.

2- The Ostrich Skeptic: This group literally has their head in the sand. It’s safe not knowing the dark and scary things that other people think about. Afterall, why fret about something you cannot control, influence, or even hope to fully understand?

I believe your query deals with the Ostrich. The mind-set is very easy to understand, they want safety. These are the same kinds of people that like the Russian peasant who thinks longingly of the communists. Sure life was tough with the KGB and horrible economic planning, but the communists were known entities. Uncertainty is the stuff of fear.

The Ostrich is happy to keep their head in the sand. They want to believe the news, fully. They want to believe their President, it makes them feel good. They want to hate our enemies, there’s a firm foundation in knowing exactly who not to like. They will even allow you to watch them, all the time, to keep them safe, and their head completely covered in sand.

When you seen an Ostrich, leave it alone. Digging up their head will only make them sad. And sad Ostriches can be unstable birds. I think Tim McVeigh is a fine example of an Ostrich who someone pulled out of the sand.

.......Both writing about Ostriches with their head in the sand...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
According to SO from the interview,,,,

"Somewhere, in the Deep Dark Recesses of ATS.
I mentioned once,
What my username was."

What is "the deep dark recesses of ATS? RATS?, IkonBoard, XMB Board post that wasn't merged onto the new server?

I think I clicked on every thread from The EZBoard Forum and haven't found any user with a Monty Python themed name. I also have been checking for user Theyrerhere may have posted what they're first user name was to no avail.

Any guesses on where the deep dark recesses of ATS is?

Edited to spell Theyrehere correctly.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter

Any guesses on where the deep dark recesses of ATS is?

(punches timecard)

"morning Kelter, Dave, Enjoies, et al, errrr ummm mornin boss"

BOSS: "uh hem, a little late to the show eh Jack?"

J: " Don't get me started oh evil one"

BOSS: "Are we in need of another meeting?"

J: "Whatever?"

BOSS: "someone need an attitude adjustment? Maybe a trip to the deep dark recesses?"

J: "uh, no not that boss, Nooooooooo!!!!!"

BOSS: IT SHALL BE DONE!!!!!!!!

J: "MMmmphhhhh, MMMMMpphhh"

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well,

having successfully returned from the dark recesses...

I listened to the 3 Amigos podcast AGAIN!!, and decided to write a transcript of the discussion of SO's first involvement with ATS, could the answer be in here, I post in hopes that a fellow member can save me from the hell that is my life.....

Excerpt from DAVE Rabbitt's interview with the 3 evi (strike that) AMIGOS!!

disclaimer:
any errors are my own, lately I have begun to hear things, footsteps, evil laughter, you know general schizoid stuff, oh and the nightmares........

DAVE: "Skeptic,...Let's jog your memory just a bit." [unintelligible blabber], "do you remember how you guys hooked up to become the second amigo?"

SO: "no"

[evil laughter erupts...]

DAVE: "You're worthless, Your absolutely worthless!"

[more laughter]

SIMON: "we're talking seven or eight years here."

[unintelligible, professionals talking over each other]

SO: "It was an evolution really....I think ummmmm Oh, (expletive deleted)"

[laughter]

SIMON: "It's gotta be 99, 2000"

SO: "while Simon is talking I gonna figure out how to answer this"

[chuckles]

SO: "It was, uh, I was involved in the first discussion board, that was the EZBoard, the free discussion board that Simon had. I think my name.I had a couple names back then an I think the name I used back then was a monty python takeoff AfricanSwallow."

[laughter]

DAVE: "as opposed to spamalot"

[laughter]

SO: "wasn't the fully laden african swallow"

[more disingenuous laughter from those who KNOW the truth!!!]

SO: "but I had a few names on a few different boards back then.. this is before 9/11.. then Simon moved over to the Ikon board....."

[yada yada yada]

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Like I said, after this interview, I confirmed the actual name by locating a couple places where I used it... and a couple other places where someone else referenced it as my first ATS name.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Dang, Jack, yer ears are playing tricks on you. I don't remember Simon being in that interview at all. To my ears it went like this:

DAVE: SkepticOverlord, let's jog your friggin' memory a bit. DO you remember how the hell you hooked up with Simon to become the second amigo?

SO: Yes.

[unintelligible crosstalk]

DAVE: Would you like to share that damned story with us?

JOHNNY: I've got a story to share.

[raucous laughter and unintelligible crosstalk]

SPRINGER: One at a time please, Johnny.

[sound of round entering chamber in background]

SO: I first joined ATS way back when it was on ezboard... this was a few months before September 11th...

[unintelligible crosstalk]

DAVE: September 11th of which year, Bill?

[moment of silence]

JOHNNY: And how was it that you first...

DAVE: And how in blazes was it that you first came across ATS?

[sound of deck of cards shuffling]

SO: Well, I found it in a google search while looking for Monty Python references in popular culture.

[raucous laughter an crosstalk]

SPRINGER: Five card stud. I'll put in your money, but I own 50% of your winnings...

JOHNNY: Deal.

DAVE: Did I tell you about the time I went through the drive-thru teller and asked for the new Dave Rabbit commemorative dollar coins?

[laughter and crosstalk]

DAVE: I've got it on tape.

SO: And I'll give 50,000 ATS to Tuning Spork if he takes a guess at what my first ATS screen name was.

SPRINGER: I'll give 100,000 if he gets it wrong.

JOHNNY: I'd just like to say...

DAVE: Well, that's about all the friggin' time we have for this episode of ATSMix...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Dang, Jack, yer ears are playing tricks on you. I don't remember Simon being in that interview at all. To my ears it went like this:

I have hired a PI to assist me and he swears that the answer is revealed in this clip:

Maybe if we play the interview backwards??

Hmmmm....

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out your original username. Well I have a few guesses, but before I do that. I would like to say your doing a great job and should be very proud of yourself. Your name will be in the history books in generations to come. Dave and Johnny excellent ATS mixers
Keep it up

I was a lurker of ATS at the end of 2000 and became a member in March 2001. I remember a long thread back then was 20 posts. WOW how time flies and all the changes since then. 1110111 is my newest alias. I reverted back into a lurker but wanted to join in on the fun. I'm like the skeptic, I like puzzles and thinking games.

OK here are my guesses
spamelot=Camelot or is it Sir Lancelot
velocity=here/There or Here There, Here there, here there

If any of them are right I'd like to trade in the 50,000 points to challenge the Overlord to figure out my old alias. Oh and it won't be easy

Rack your brain for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join