It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for Britney Spears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think it is really horrible what is happening to her.

I read an article today about her and it was just nasty, really nasty.

I remember seeing a story about her when she nearly fell over with her new Son and she was crying over it and the media were just bastards. Really tore her to shreds.

For any new Mum, it is hard, compound that with marital problems and just look at him. Out partying while she is in hospital with the second baby.

Then she shaved her head, I really feel she did that as a cry for help and what have people done? Been even more nasty.

I feel really sorry for her.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I feel sorry for old people who have no family and die lonely. I feel sorry for people who work their asses off to feed their family, and go without themselves to feed their kids. I feel sorry for victims of terror attacks and random violence. I feel sorry for animals that are hunted for their body parts that have no medical value what-so-ever. I feel sorry poeple who are abused by their husbands/wifes/mothers/fathers.

Britney Spears can kiss my rosey pink sweaty bung hole!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
I feel sorry for old people who have no family and die lonely. I feel sorry for people who work their asses off to feed their family, and go without themselves to feed their kids. I feel sorry for victims of terror attacks and random violence. I feel sorry for animals that are hunted for their body parts that have no medical value what-so-ever. I feel sorry poeple who are abused by their husbands/wifes/mothers/fathers.

I feel sorry for all of the above too.

You of course, are entitled to your opinon but I still feel sorry for her.

How is everyone who has been critical and nasty going to feel when she kills herself?

I definitely feel she went off the rails after the birth of her 1st child, I do feel she has post natal depression.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When she almost dropped the baby, she was carrying an alcohol drink in her other hand. Didn't almost drop the drink though. Her body guard is the one who caught the baby. I can't fathom that. Trust me, I do my share of drinking so I don't pretend to be holier than thou. HOWEVER I can say with all honesty, I never have, nor ever would carry my baby in one hand, and a drink in my other hand.

Driving with her infant in her lap rather than in a carseat. Jeezus. If she so much as got into a fender bender with an infant on her lap and the air bag deployed, that baby would absolutely be killed.

Driving with her infant exposed to the elements. I mean c'mon.

Her infant fell out of a highchair and received minor head wounds. I don't have anywhere near her net worth, so I have to figure that the high chair she had is much better than mine. That being said - my regular every day high chair was as safe as could be. You had to have an engineering degree to get him out once he was in. Remember we're not talking about a 4 year old who can figure something out - we're talking about an infant. Absolute irresponsibility in my opinion.

Running around partying flashing her goodies for the paparazzi to photograph while in a drunken stupor.

This is what we do know. What don't we know?

In my opinion, she's a no talent, self centered, shallow individual. She blames everyone else for her problems. Her mother, her husband, her spokesperson. It's never her.

It's her children I feel sorry for, not her.

ChikeyMonkey - as usual I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

agreed
and well said she deserves what she gets. she had a decent life and carrier and she fudged it up, she has her self to blame for that

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
When she almost dropped the baby, she was carrying an alcohol drink in her other hand. Didn't almost drop the drink though.

She was shopping in the middle of the day and apparrently from the news source I read, it didn't mention that the drink was alcoholic.

All of the points you raise are valid but rather than be critical, I feel she needs help. They signal to me that she isn't coping and perhaps has not coped for a long time.

And I also read that the incident where her child fell and required medical attention, was investigated by authorities and it was held to be an accident.

I guess, I don't feel joyful when I see anyone this troubled and I certainly don't feel happy when someone is kicked when they are down.

I feel the media have been like vulchers, looking for any thing at all to show her up.

Young Mums make mistakes and you could see how upset she was in the photos after she nearly dropped her son. To make a mistake while the whole world is watching you and then being cruel is terrible.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Young Mums make mistakes and you could see how upset she was in the photos after she nearly dropped her son. To make a mistake while the whole world is watching you and then being cruel is terrible.

I admire your compassion, however I do not share your views. So we can respectfully agree to disagree with one another.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You of course, are entitled to your opinon but I still feel sorry for her.

How is everyone who has been critical and nasty going to feel when she kills herself?

That should be IF and not WHEN. Unless you know something we don't!

The Beatles said it best "Can't buy me love"

All that cash and not an ounce of common sence. Some people just don't deserve sympathy.

Just an opinion. Nothing personal.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am sorry that she destroyed a hell of a career and even brighter future. However, she has made her decisions... Now she has to pull herself back up. I don't know if she'll ever make a come back. I hope she does. However, somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Shes been in trouble for a long time. Alcohol and drugs can hide stress, but never gets rid of it.

I have no interest in her life, like most of you shouldn't either.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm with Thurisaz, I really do feel sorry for her.

It's all so very easy to say that it's all her own doing, but she isn't the only celebrity to have crumbled under the spotlight she is in.

Whilst you all have very good points; bad parenting, blaming others for her own mistakes, we have to remember that Miss Spears is obviously far from in a sane state of mind right now.

As Thurisaz said, she derailed after having her first child, and I too thought maybe she was showing symptoms of Post Natal Depression. Since then, her mental state only seems to have deteriorated rapidly.
I am truly convinced that she had a huge mental meltdown during the whole shaving of the head incident, and I still am convinced that she hasn't gotten any better.

You may all look down on her, but to me she is just another human being with serious problems who needs help.

SR

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I couldn't care less if she aint got the common sense to realise she has problems and won't face them then she deserves everything she gets. I know people who've been through worse than that and with only two pennys to rub together in there pockets and they've managed to make themselves happy in life.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How much of this is actually problems, or is it feel sorry for me? She doesn't have time to feel sorry for herself...she's got two little boys to take care of. She has lots of money, lots of time, what she doesn't have is alot of time to feel sorry for herself.

Dig your head out Ms. Spears, you ain't got it so bad. You at least can get your kids everything they'll ever need.

No sympathy, kiddo. I'll save it for those two little boys.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
well, I said it ages ago... Britney may take her own life and just now I have read she has been placed on suicide watch.

My stance regarding her issues hasn't changed. I still feel very sorry for her, she needs help. Hopefully she will get the help she needs now and be spared the ridicule from the public and media.

www.news.com.au...

That isn't the story I just read, she was taken to hospital in an ambo clearly distressed.

Sad really, when your up the whole world loves you, when your down, people can't wait to kick you!!

Makes people feel better about themselves I guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For some reason that is beyond me, I have always stood by this individual and defended her when the naysayers spoke their mind. But I've reached my breaking point with this individual. The next television segment I want to see her on is Intervention.

The girl needs help, desperately.

For the sake of her children, family, friends, and fans, this girl needs to turn her life around and try to somewhat resemble the person she once was.

We all battle addictions of some sort, but how can you defend someone who continues to behave in this manner after losing her children? After refusing to go to countless court appearances in order to get these children back? How?

It's an old cliche, but I do feel bad for the children here.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree with what your saying.

But when people hit rock bottom, they need help and support not ridicule.

I don't think the opportunities the media have seized have helped in anyway.

I just hope she can get help.

Britney Spears is currently on a 72 hour lockdown at Cedars Sinai Medical Centre.

The troubled singer has been designated a 'special needs' patient.

A hospital source told Usmagazine that this means 'they have either overdosed or tried to commit suicide.'

source

I hope this the turning point...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who's Britney Spears?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
meh...i don't feel sorry for her in the least. i feel sorry for her kids. now they get juggled back to daddy k-fed.

i don't feel sorry for her cause she has all the money and resources she would ever need to raise her kids. she could have all kinds of help in the way of 'staff' like an au pair(sp) to help out while she leaves her friggin compound to go get some therapy.

my mother left my father when i was 9 and had to work 2 full time jobs to make ends meet and while we never had steak on the table, we were happy just her and i.

just like people were fast to jump on her bandwagon when the gravy train was rolling, they are quick to criticize when she is down and i am one of them.

she had the world by the balls and just screwed it up....i would not be so critical of her if there were no kids involved but i feel like she is an attention seeker or an attention whore if you will.

this last incident comes when she refused to give the kids back to k fed...why do that?

she needs to put the booze down and learn how to be a mom...not like she has to worry about the every day things that 99% of the mothers out there have to worry about.

i'm with monkey. she can kiss my grape....i feel bad for the kids but not her...

if/when she takes herself out........meh.....poor kids

top topics

join