It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE Smackdown & Raw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hey i see when lost comes on theres a weekly topic for that, so why not one for WWE.

First up what did you'll think of The Great American Bash ? i thought it was one of, if not, the worst PPV's ive ever seen. How the heck does Cena win every time, its starting to get on my nerves.

Summerslam - Return of the cerebrul Assassin (Triple H) but who will he face, and with shawn micheals taken out of action by the legend killer randy orton will we be seeing DX back toghter ?

Randy orton and John cena is destined to be a match of epic proportions, on one side, Cena, Never lost a title under fair grounds. Except the united states championship to Carlito around 3/4 years ago. Also won the 6 man elimination chamber, and took out Umaga AND current Smackdown champion, The Great Khali.
And on the other side, we have the legend killer Randy Orton, and whats his hit list ? RVD (Rob Van Dam), HBK (heart break kid, Shawn Micheals), The American Dream (Dusty Rhodes) and the most recent Sgt. Sluaghter. Randy Orton is also the youngest ever WWE champion and is a 3rd Generation superstar, going to be very intresting.

What you'll think ?

Take Care Every One, Vix

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I stopped watching WWE about 18 months or so ago. It's just garbage now. What little wreslting there is is terrible, and when you buy the PPVs you barely get any more wrestling than you do on TV for free each week.

One of the few bright spots, Edge, is now sidelined with yet another injury. Poor guy. Maybe on day Cm Punk will help lead a renaissance, but as long at Vinnie Mac stills calls the big shots on creative we'll continue to get the repackaged garbage they've been putting out, and never get back to the good stuff we saw in the Attitude era.

I've been watching a lot of TNA, although I usually pass on the TV (too rapid fire, they need two hours) and get the PPVs that look good. At least they usually deliver on the wrestling.

On the flip side, the ROH PPV that is showing on InDemand right now is rock solid.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
TNA has just signed a deal giving it there much needed 2 hours, and its none stop action because its called T.N.A (total none stop action) Edge is out...again, he is a bright light, but CM Punk is just greta, the best and only star on WCW, WWE is still good, should watch this/next weeks, see if you gte back into it ?

take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
TNA has just signed a deal giving it there much needed 2 hours...

No they haven't.

While they have been talking to FOX representatives, and Spike appears to be shuffling their current Thursday line up to pave the way for a two hour iMPACT slot, there is no definitive 2 hour time block for them yet.

All I know is that Vince will be back on WWE TV this week...which is a HUGE turn off for me.

I think you meant that CM Punk was the bright spot of ECW, not WCW. WCW has been dead a long long time my friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I quit watching wrestling when WCW was bought out by the WWF/WWE. I havent really cared for it since. I always thought WCW was the better show.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was 99% sure that Bravo, in the UK, had just signed a deal giving them there much needed 2 hours.

Take care, Vix

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I was 99% sure that Bravo, in the UK, had just signed a deal giving them there much needed 2 hours.

Take care, Vix

Unfortunately, Bravo is not the network that TNA creates the original iMPACT broadcasts for, SPIKE is. Therefore, until SPIKE gives them a two hour slot, they will continue to write weekly TV for a one hour show.

Now, Bravo may give them two hours back to back, but won't be a two hour iMPACT. It may be the one hour show edited with other footage to come up with a two hour program, or it could just be two episodes of iMPACT back to back.

Either way, they will continue to produce a one hour iMPACT until either SPIKE gives them two hours, or they sign a deal with FOX to have a two hour show on one of their networks.

When the news breaks, I'll post it up.

On the flip side, TNA will be having 8 or the 12 PPVs outside of the Orlando iMPACT zone next year, which is a good thing. As a matter of fact, Bound for Glory will be right here, in Atlanta, GA this year at the Gwinett Center, which is a perfect facility and venue for them. I caught a RAW there a few years back.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I know theyve got the 2 hours. Must be 2 1hour shows, back to back. Clever really. Im not really a huge fan of TNA, Kurt angle, Team 3d and sting, to me its a place for old superstars to go when they want money but not have to push the boat out. You relly carnt say that TNA is close to the two WWE main shows (RAW and Smackdown) TNA's top 3: Kurt angle, Christian Cage and sting i would say, RAW: John Cena, Rany Orton and possibly Umaga. Smackdown: The Great Khali, Batista and Ric Flair. When it comes ot superstars TNA is soo far behind, there chosing the starts that WWE dropped. They dont really ahve any good rivalrys, ive seen some of the LAX vs Team 3D one but i wasnt impressed. They need to buck up there ideads to even start making WWE nervous.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

there chosing the starts that WWE dropped.

Not true. They do have some old WWE talents (Christian, Angle, Test) but not all of them were dropped by WWE.

Christian, Team 3D, and Kurt Angle all decided to not resign with WWE. They opted to go to TNA instead of staying with WWE.

While the production levels of WWE TV certainly is far superior to TNA, you are failing to mention that production value doesn't make the TV show, wrestling does. And when it comes to wrestling WWE is out wrestled significantly by TNA.

Watch these three clips and tell me that the wrestling on WWE is better.

TNA AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels

www.youtube.com...

Alex Shelly vs Chris Sabin vs Petey Williams

www.youtube.com...

TNA Final Resolution 2005:Ultimate X6 Highlight Reel

www.youtube.com...

You think The Great Kahli is a star? That guy is garbage. He can't wrestle. He can't talk. And when he leaves wrestling everyone will be better off.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I dunno, i think those 3 matchs, 2 are good and one shouldnt be in there, destination X is a special match really, if i wanted to post 3 for your Destination X i could trow in a 8 man 4 tag Ladder match or a 30 man over the top rope Battle Royal.

I believe that WWE is alot better than TNA, TNA is just really fast paced because they aint doing a 2 hour show, in the UK we get 2 1hour shows. Still doesnt cut it though, i think WWE has the better wrestlers, the better PPV's (in general), the PPV 'Wrestlemania' Its just amazing, more poeple went to the last wrestle mania than went to the superbowl at the detriot stadium, ford feild i think its called. Now can TNA match, infact not match but take over, the superbowl, in terms of how many people are there.

Take Care, Vix

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Vixion]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think WWE has the better wrestlers...

Such as? And do you mean actually wrestling talent or just a character?

...the better PPV's (in general)...

Oh come on...you're lucky if you get one hour of wrestling on a three hour PPV. Not to mention most of the matches are garbage mixed tags, meaningless curtain jerkers, and over booked minor title matches.

...'Wrestlemania' Its just amazing, more poeple went to the last wrestle mania than went to the superbowl at the detriot stadium...

While nothing to shake a stick at, you have to realize that football games do not have floor seating. Thus, significantly less seats.

Also, it is Wrestlemania. It's been around over twenty years. It's part of pop culture. No one has anything that can compare to it, other than maybe a few Japanese promotions.

WWE's wrestling is just not as good as it once was. Instead of one rock solid brand you've got three sub par brands, which have over booked, lackluster television shows, and mostly mediocre PPVs.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think that WWE has the better wrestlers, io think that WWE has the better PPVs i think the WWE is the best wrestling show on the planet right now. I will admit that the standard of wrestling and the actual wrestlers ahs droped, weve went from HUlk hogan to ...... hmm whats his name ? o yer... John morrison. I think we need new age stars with old age fan bases, like Hogan, The Rock (who is returning), dusty rhodes. I like the 3 hour PPV's although i must say your 1 hour wrestling to rest being talking is a little far off, its more 2 hours wrestling to 1 hour talking, but i like the talking bit you get to see that riviliry all the way throught and it builds up the hype to the match.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I with you Vix, I do not understand why they keep allowing Cena to have the title. He has quite possibly the weakest/lamest/stupidest moveset known to man! Oh I'm just gonna mimic The Rock and call "The People's Elbow", the "Five-Knuckle-Shuffle". Oy, he is so lame. I've been a fan of wrestling since the early 90's. Back when it was GOOD. The original DX was cool because they messed with WCW. The Monday Night Wars, in my opinion, was wrestling entertainment in it's prime. Now it's just Vince walking out and presenting a half-assed show because he knows people will still pay to see it. Mainly because the only competition is TNA, although they did get their 2 hour timeslot thank god, but he won't step it up there until he feels threatened.
you Vince! And your bastard child! Ugh, Hornswaggle? Really? I know Kennedy got suspended, but COME ON! It's like I'm pissing in the wind or something.

>

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the whole bastard child storyline was stupid to begin with especially since they ended up going with hornswaggle as Vince's lovechild.

still it's for the comedy aspect.

btw I have WWE pics in my blog from New Year's

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i watched it before but these jokers bored me XD
when i was a kid it was more exciting and fun,maybe couse i was a kid,and we doed some wrestling attacks in school hehe^^
now when i accidenlty catch the show its usualy funny so i just watch it.
i mean cmon i hate it when i saw some kid screaming YEAA JOHN CENA ROCKS.cmon son... but then again i was the same as a kid^^
isnt HHH a little too old for returning stronger and "repaired" then ever?
the commercial was like theyr making him a universal soldier or somethin ahahahahahah XD
and i dont like that batista guy....reminds me of my anatomy teacher...hope he rests in NO peace XD

top topics

join