It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shield planned to save us from Global Warming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Apparantly, some scientists beleive that we are all going to die because of Global Warming and something needs to be done soon because "'The present climate policy does not seem to be working." In order to curb the increasing temperature here on Earth scientists plan to release thousands of tiny metallic scaterers into the atmosphere to deflect the suns rays. In addition to the scaterers reflective ballons, giant salt water reservoirs, Giant Algae plantations, and Cloud making machines could all be a part of the solution.

Click Here for Article

Key talks involving the Government's most senior climate experts have produced proposals to site a massive shield on the edge of space that would deflect the Sun's rays and stabilise the climate.

Hundreds of thousands of tonnes of metallic 'scatterers' would be ejected into the upper atmosphere under the plans. In addition, billions of tiny barrage balloons could serve as a secondary barrier to block rays from the Earth's nearest star.

On land, giant reservoirs holding saline water could be built to offset the rise in sea levels caused by the melting of the polar ice-caps. The oceans, too, would be modified to cope with the planet's increasingly warmer weather. Massive floating cloud-making machines would be dotted across their surface while, below, large plantations of algae would be grown to absorb greenhouse gases from the atmosphere.

This all sounds a little bit like what happened to the world in the Matrix. If this does come to pass then I could see a new Ice Age right around the corner.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal In order to curb the increasing temperature here on Earth scientists plan to release thousands of tiny metallic scaterers into the atmosphere to deflect the suns rays.

Hi BlackJackal!

Here we go again!!

"10 May 1963 - Project West Ford (also known as "Project Needles") launches millions of hair-like copper wire dipole antennas into orbit, creating an artificial ionospheric communications relay."

www.aoe.vt.edu...

It seems fitting that we seem to be planning a return to space contamination 40-odd years later

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I sw this on another site, that mentioned about having lots of wafer thin sheets of metal to block out somthing like 1% of the suns ernergy. The part that has me wondering is that these sheets obviously couldn't cover the entire globe for it would block any means of geeting into orbit.
So there will be places left out of this "protection". I wonder who's going to decide who lives in these places??????

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by feygan]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by feygan
I wonder who's going to decide who lives in these places??????

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by feygan]

Why, those in power, I guess feygan - no surprises there, then...

"And the winner is..."

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
'They' have been doing this for some time now.

Look up CHEMTRAILS

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wonder if these little metal shards will follow the sunlight? Will they only be on the side of the planet that is receiving sunlight making it possible to launch whatever you want at night.

Thanks for the link on Project Needles!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I always thought that HAARP was experimenting with creating a shield.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Thanks for the link on Project Needles!!!

You're welcome BJ!!

The "trouble" is I'm old enough to remember the controversy that occured around then (I was born 1950, so was around 12 years old - with a great interest in Astronomy). It just seemed such a *stupid* thing to do (to me) - short term gains for a very long period where lot's of little "man-made" needles were adrift in orbit around the Earth, either "blocking" some RF coming in from Space ie via radio astronomy or presenting a hazard to space craft that could "fly into them".

As for your point about having the "new" needles made "steerable": - well, it would be a good trick, wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wow, is this a step towards disclosure? As ArchAngel posted above, this seems to run parallel to claims of chemtrails. Oh, but those don't exist.

Mankind attempting to control the weather? It's very foolish to think that weather modification won't bring severe consequences. Damned if we do, damned if we don't? Too bad we'll never know.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like it. Eliminate the weaklings who can't handle it. This world is for the strong not the weak.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Oh God, here we go with global warming again! Current efforts to change the global climate aren't working for a very good reason. The factors that control it are beyond the scope of man. The earth changes. Its climate changes. We've been globally 10 degrees warmer with no Ice sheets on earth in just the last few thousand years! Its a cycle and it never happens the same way twice. From the sun's activity to the earth's athenosphere to the orbital patterns of both the sun and moon, its just too big a project for humans to undertake. Earth is dynamic..and will always be dynamic. Spend fortunes, tax people to death and destroy every economy on earth in its namesake but you nor I will ever stop it.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
'They' have been doing this for some time now.

Look up CHEMTRAILS

yup it (seams so)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This better not affect hurricane season! They are already seedin the US storms so we wont have another big one make landfall(just a theory, but when was the last time a storm was cat 3 or stronger when it made landfall in the US?). THe insurance companies are all about killing the hurricanes.

Seriously, I find it very worrysome when man tries to control nature. We cant win, nature is much stronger.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is very credible information here.
But on a humerous side note, does anyone find this strikingly simular to the Highlander movies?

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join