It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will you try to make contact from the other side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
When you pass over will you try to make contact with friends and family?
has anyone here already told someone what signs to look out for to know that it is you?
I've always thought that when the time comes that I would do everything in my power to try and reach out and prove that life goes on, but if any of my family were to go and see a medium, then I don't know what I could say to prove it beyond doubt.
what would be really good is if there were some way to send a message through ATS to prove to members that there is another side but I suppose that sort of thing could be easily faked.
Maybe there are rules on the other side preventing people from giving real proof.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe the dead stay in contact with us.....don't know how they do it...but they do!!!

In Luke 16 a rich man pleaded with Abraham to send the spirit of Lazarus from beyond the grave to witness to his five brethren. In refusing Abraham said in v26 �And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence�. He reminded him that neither the wicked nor the righteous dead can communicate with the living. Indeed, the very attempt to do so is forbidden in passages such as Deuteronomy 18:10-11

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi pantha!!

Reminded me of Houdini:

"Harry Houdini died on October 31, 1927. For many years after, Bess and friends of Houdini would hold a seance on the anniversary of Harry's death, attempting to contact his spirit.

To this day, enthusiasts of both stage magic and the supernatural conduct seances on Halloween night - the anniversary of the great magician's death. However, to this day, there has been no proven communication.

Although many had hopes for Houdini's return from the dead, it seems the great escape artist would never accomplish that final spectacular escape."

www.mcbridemagic.com...

But, sure, *I'll* certainly "have a go" when I "cross over" - unless I'm just to engrossed with meeting up with all those others that have gone on before..

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ahhhh yes now that you mention it I do remember reading about Houdini and a phrase that he would give to prove that he was still around.
I think that it would be a good idea to let relatives know what your message would be.
If you only had a time slot of a couple of minutes to do it in, it would be a shame to have to spend it trying to validate that is actually you first.
You've got a point about being too busy on the other side. Perhaps keeping in touch means more to us here than on the other side, after all they know that they will see us again and we can only hope that it will happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't try to make contact with the dead....however if they want to contact me...they are more than welcome to do so.

When my father died, I saw him standing in my bedroom door before I found out he had met his death.

When my cousin died, I felt someone touch me and when I woke up, he was sitting on my bed, again this was before his death was confirmed to me.

I have had one other experience with someone who past away, but I prefer not to go in details in a public forum...it has changed my views about the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
When i pass, i sure am going to try and make contact!

I dont know yet what means that i will use ...i dont even know whats available....lol

maybe i could throw a few pics around, or a slight breeze though there houses,

I will also have a secret word which i will tell people...
so they no its really me if they go to a medium,

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
When i pass, i sure am going to try and make contact!

I dont know yet what means that i will use ...i dont even know whats available....lol

maybe i could throw a few pics around, or a slight breeze though there houses,

I will also have a secret word which i will tell people...
so they no its really me if they go to a medium,

I plan on doing the same Asala. I would like to come back and check up on those I left behind before moving on to whatever lies ahead.

However I believe in reincarnation and feel that I will probably be reborn again...I just hope there is some time in between life cycles so I can stop in and say hi to those I love and scare the # of those I don't.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

However I believe in reincarnation and feel that I will probably be reborn again...

Hi worldwatcher!!

Have you any memories of "previous" life times? I realise that you might not want to go public on this but simply interested. Maybe a "yes" or "no" would surffice?

As regards your experiences with your father: very interesting. Both my parents have "crossed over" although I'm still "aware" of them from time to time. I've only "met" my mother so far, though, and that in a very vivid dream - which made me weep, since I could see her but couldn't approach her...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
hey Genya

no probs, I don't mind answering your question. I can't say I have "memories" of my previous lifes but I do experience "deja vu" alot.

Don't know exactly how to explain it, but sometimes, I meet a person and I know I know them from somewhere but I don't, also certain books I have read, I know how the story ends, details of the characters, but I never read the book yet.

I also have dreams of myself as an old woman living in a rural area around the turn of the century in India. I know it's me, even though I don't look the same...it seems like I was very educated person in my past life but it doesn't fit with the rural scene...can't really explain it.... but now as I have matured, I feel that it explains how and why I was able to read and comprehend books way beyond my level at age 3.

hopefully no one will flame me now for being a nutcase ...but if anyone really thinks that I am and feel that they must.........just u2u and flame me in private

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

hopefully no one will flame me now for being a nutcase ...but if anyone really thinks that I am and feel that they must.........just u2u and flame me in private

hi worldwatcher!!

Thanx for your detailed reply, my friend! As for being a "nut case", well, aren't we *all* in some way?

Very intrigued by your memories and dreams and abiities when you were younger WW - I can't recall any past lives, but, as Gurdjieef and Ouspenksy would have it, I'm very much in "sleep" and only - very occasionally - wake up in *this* world...

And I'm sure there'll be no flaming either!!

Thanx again - namaste!!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

However I believe in reincarnation and feel that I will probably be reborn again...I just hope there is some time in between life cycles so I can stop in and say hi to those I love and scare the # of those I don't.

Why not do both at the same time??? Bi-location could be an option. The laws of the physical world don't apply to the non-physical world.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Why not do both at the same time??? Bi-location could be an option. The laws of the physical world don't apply to the non-physical world.

excellent point Bandit, I never thought of it that way..but in theory I should not have any problems doing both.

new topics

top topics

join