It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't throw punches in dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You guys should get into the discipline of lucid dreaming. From what I understand, certain sects of Buddhism try and accomplish absolute control of their sleeping and waking state by absolute concentration. After you've mastered each reality you've become Buddha and can stop perpetuating you're own karma cycle. I personally can lucid dream maybe half the time and it's pretty amazing. The quality of sleep is drastically different too.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've been trying to train my self to have lucid dreams for over six months now and I'm sad to say it hasn't really been working out for me.

I've had a few and they were insane.. not like any dream i've ever experienced before..

I still try though.. keeping a dream journal, meditating before sleep, stuff like that.. it's a slow process but I am seeing results, barely, but still, results

That's it, I need to learn how to have lucid dreams more often then i can start really gettin' it on with people in my dreams

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JENJESLIS

Ditto this.

Dreams are a little less obvious about the content then what you are seeing.

I have these dreams too and they are frustrating and bizarre.

But not being able to fight and defend youself is what this poster describe. That you are encountering situations in your life that you are unable to control, and feel completely helpless to do anything about. That is why you can't fight, because in reality, you feel like you can't fight.

Symbolism in dreams can be complicated to interpret sometimes. And even seeing a strange object for a moment can have great meaning. There are plenty of books and dream dictionaries that describes the meanings of various objects and acts.

Another scenario that determines you feel life is out of control and helpless is being overcome by a tornado or a massive tsunami.

Get some of these books out of the library. It can be fun looking stuff up. You will also remember some old dreams as you read through them. Like hey, I had a dream about a green flying pigeon, what did that mean?

apparently even teh sex of the people you are dealing with can make a difference.

For example, if a female dreams of having relations with another female, it doesn't mean that you are feeling gay dreams,(though for some peeps that can be the case) but the female is lacking in comfort in their lives. They need more physical touch and just general tlc.

In dreams where you are being chased by someone or something dangerous, it is because there is a problem in your life you are feeling anxious about, and you are trying to get away from it.

Dreams of your teeth falling out or crumbling is because you have concerns about your appearence or of growing older. that you are unhappy with your physical looks. IT doesn't mean you have gingevitis.

So it takes a little reasearch to figure out dream meanings.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Actually, both of these types of dreams mean the same thing. You feel that situations in your life are getting out of control.

But if you have a successful flying dream(they are the BEST) then you feel that you are on top of things, or you recently had a big accomplishment.

I haven't had many good flying dreams lately.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by nixie_nox]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join