It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Special: "The 9/11 Conspiracies" August 12, 2007

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Funny thing... all that was on yesterday was about driving trucks across some ice roads...

I did not see any 9/11 documentary BUT...

In the middle of a commercial break, during the Ice Road show, the History channel logo popped up and the voice over said:

"9/11 Conspiracies is brought to you by..."

Was it actually on?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nah, it wasn't on. The history channel websites says it will be shown on Aug. 20th. 9pm and Aug. 21. 1 am EST I was looking forward to seeing it yesterday though. I want to see how they plan to address the conspiracy theories and which ones they choose to break down.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Us here in the UK had the Conspiracy files (BBC2) not too long ago which aired an hour long show on 9/11 conspiracies, I didnt think it was great bu tit was worth a watch whilst others felt it leant towards the official side of the story.

BBC Conspiracy files 9/11

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie

In the middle of a commercial break, during the Ice Road show, the History channel logo popped up and the voice over said:

"9/11 Conspiracies is brought to you by..."

Was it actually on?

Did anyone else HEAR them reference "9/11 Conspiracies brought to you by..." on the 12th? I did.

Confirmation? Did they give a reason for the preemption?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
edit:

I've got my dates screwed up. Ignore this post. (or delete it)

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
9/11 Conspiracies will air tonight (hopefully). My Dish guide shows it on at 6pm pacific, 9pm eastern as a two hour episode.

"Conspiracy theories about the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, grow on the internet. New"

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have my TiVo set up to record both showings tonight..... I will attempt to download it on my laptop. If that works....I will post it on YouTube until it gets taken down

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is more info for anyone interested.

Examines the various conspiracy theories espoused on the Internet, in articles and in public forums that attempt to explain the 9/11 attacks. It includes theories that the World Trade Center was brought down by a controlled demolition; that a missile, not a commercial airliner, hit the Pentagon; and that members of the U.S. government orchestrated the attacks in hopes of creating a war in the Middle East. Each conspiracy argument is countered by a variety of experts in the fields of engineering, intelligence and the military. The program also delves into the anatomy of such conspiracies and how they grow on the Internet.

9/11 Conspiracies - Fact or Fiction

The show starts in about an hour. I know I will be watching.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm watching it right now, seems pretty balanced.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I smell a fight brewing pretty darn soon.
Let me get some popcorn

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Problem with these docco's is they could do more harm than good for the people whom want the truth.
If they start jabbering on about explosives, missiles rah rah rah, and completely use basic logic which can be easily disproven then all it does is ruin the real image of the truth seeking majority.

they could make our genuine theories look so stupid by going overboard... that when you actually try to explain your view/logic of it in a realistic way, people immediaetly relate it to the docco's version and write you off as a nut job.

The media would never, ever put anything on TV which burns the governments official story.
Anything else does more damage for the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PriapismJoe
I'm watching it right now, seems pretty balanced.

Not even close to being balanced.

The show says "conspiracy theory" in Font on the screen and then some footage of what theyre saying.

Then its followed by "The Experts" in Font and I love that part because it usually the snot-nosed 20 yr old kid from the magazine as the "expert"

No explanation on how titanium steel engines could just melt or disappear into nothing from the Flight 93 crash

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I cant watch the last 35 minutes of the show. Its nothing more than a clone of the Popular Mechanics article debunking 9/11. In fact Id say 80-90% of the so-called expert testimony refutting so-called conspiracy theories is the same two idiots from Popular Mechanics.

If you have a weak stomach skip this show. Its just disgusting

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just noticed it was on, man this is entertainment.

Man left and right they are slanting this one way, not that i'm supprized but still. I love the camera angles they give to the loose change guys and make all of the 'experts' have nice shots. Loose change guys have the camera up their nose and they look like children.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm watching it right now as well and it's pretty much what I expected. There's no way it would portray anything other than the official accepted version of things.

It's leaving out a lot of info and only tackling certain theories, the majority of the theorists they're interviewing are just random people. It's very conveniently disregarding many arguments that we "CTers" have put forward. It's ignoring many accepted facts. It's pretty much portraying the theories and then we have the "experts" simply saying it's wrong.

It mentioned nothing of the structure of the WTC or the way it was built, they never showed the Pentagon impact point before the collapse of the upper levels, they didn't mention the free fall speeds, hell, they even used that four frame video clip as proof that an airplane hit the Pentagon.

The way I see it, people will believe what they want to believe. if a two hour show on the History Channel tells them something that makes them feel better about whats going on in the world then they will believe that. Many of us here on ATS and else where have done hours upon hours of research because we want the truth and sadly, we may be the only people willing to think for ourselves.

If you can't open your eyes and see what's going on then there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. If you can't see that 9/11 has played directly into the hands of the Complex and has led us down this path we're currently on then there's no way I can change your mind.

Maybe the government is right, we should all just shut up and obey, go back to sleep guys, everything is under control.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, i can't even stand it. I wish there was a way to show how much of an a-hole these guys are being. Now I know both sides are guilty of misrepresenting the truth at times but this is a gross display of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I wish there was a way to show how much of an a-hole these guys are being.

...And what, precisely, were you expecting? It's The History Channel. They're a television network - the fact that they put 'History' in their title and chose a textbookish font for themselves doesn't mean that they're scholars.

Also bear in mind that anyone who takes the information given to them through their T.V. at face value, instead of doing the work necessary to investigate their interests for themselves, is something of a lost cause.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What a completely biased and slanted report. I can't believe I've given so much viewership to an organization that endorses the claim that conspiracy theories are corrosive to society and should be erased, and that attempted to spoon feed me that emotionally charged patriotic garbage.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah, this show has been pretty disappointing. They are not going into detail and spending most of the time simply saying the conspiracy theories are wrong without proving why. The various theories are being covered but they don't show any evidence that supports the claim.

It's pretty obvious the producers of the show had already made up their mind beforehand that the official story is true and the show portrays that belief.

And they wonder why people are flocking to the Internet instead of watching TV.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This proved one thing, stupid sounding theories make truthers in general look like nut jobs, I'm not saying some of these theories may not have merit, but these theories will not convert people, they will turn them away,

(A plane didn't really hit the towers!)

ok buddy you keep believing that.

The truth movement needs to get away from sht they CANT prove, that can be debunked/or at least scrutinized heavily, And move towards things that cant be debunked and can be proven.

but Hal9000 did hit the nail on the head, but this is all the average person needs to confirm his beliefs that truthers are nut jobs..

Truthers need focus on these things.

Focus on the pre 9/1 connections
Follow the money.
Find out pre 9/11 positions on 9/11 type attacks
Find out anything relevant to 9/11 type attacks
find out who benefits
FOLLOW THE MONEY

[edit on 20-8-2007 by C0le]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join