It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Haunting??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just saw the movie, American Haunting last night....and it left me confused??

Apparently the story is based on true events, but which events are true??? The haunting or the rapping?? Or both?? I had my parents over for dinner so I didn't get to pay full attention since we were chatting a lot, but it left me with so many different conclusions.

Was the girl haunting herself b/c of her father molesting her?? Or was it a curse that the lady put on them b/c the land?? Did the entity possess evil in the father?? It's clear in the movie that the father was rapping the daughter...but they also made it clear that an evil-like spirit was torturing that poor girl.

I know don't much about the true story other than it happened in Tennessee and someone wrote a book about it. Also, it claims to be the only report of a spirit killing someone...which I find hard to believe.....

To me...It appears to be a family tormented by a father molesting his daughter and these claims of hauntings they made sound like excuses for dealing with such a sensitive situation esp. around that time era. Also, it not uncommon for rap victims to have "haunting like" nightmares and terrors where they claim feeling like they have been pinned and held down to the bed leaving them to feel like a ghost or spirit is responsible. The little girl most likely poisoned her father herself and the family claimed it was "the evil spirit"

The movie was unclear though.....It's like they didn't really know what was true and just threw in all the possibilities’...leaving it up to the viewer to decide....

So, what was it?? Anyone into or familiar with this legend?

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Tetraspace]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is all discussed here:

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems to point to the father being the real evil in the household but who knows eh. It's interesting when it mentions the ghost returning and telling the son various things.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And heres a website with info on the Bell Witch Legend

Bell Witch.org

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Supposedly, President Andrew Jackson was also haunted by the Bell Witch...

By the way, I saw the movie and loved it. At first, I didn't think I was going to like it because it kind of has a "western" feel to it, but I thought the movie was great!

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Supposedly, President Andrew Jackson was also haunted by the Bell Witch...

I hope not as I'm supposed to be related to him. That's all I need.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So basically the truths about this story are unclear....

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hmmm... That would make a good movie...Yeah I can see it now "An American Haunting: Fival Goes West" It sells itself!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetraspace

Just like every other ghost story or legend I'm afraid

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix

Originally posted by Tetraspace

Just like every other ghost story or legend I'm afraid

That and it happened a long time ago so I doubt you could even find articles about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The father could have been mentally ill (obviously)and therefore was more susceptible to the evil energy attached to the house.

new topics

top topics

join