It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Printing could be hazardous to your health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Printing could be hazardous to your health

www.latimes.com

That laser printer sitting on your desk could be emitting high levels of potentially hazardous particles, according to a study published today.

Some printers released almost as many ultra-fine particles as a smoldering cigarette, the study authors said.

"Particles have been shown beyond any doubt to be a health hazard," said study author Lidia Morawska, a physicist at Queensland University of Technology in Australia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It seems just about everything today is hazardous to ones health. I just couldn't believe it when I read this article. Not as in disbeliefe, but the mear fact that people are actually researching the health hazards of printing.

I know this isn't an exciting topic but I felt as if I had a duty and an obligation to warn everybody of the plot conspired by the laser printers to rid the earth of human beings.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The contains what appears to be statements that are conflicting which in effect make the hole study usless and meaningless

The researchers did not analyze what the particles consisted of.

Inhaling fine particles can cause health problems ranging from respiratory irritation to cardiovascular problems and cancer, depending on the particle composition, Morawska said.
Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

how can they know the particles are going to cause cancer whatever if they do not even know what they are? The article is nothing but enviromentalist hype as I see it.

[edit on 8/3/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have to agree with Shots, there is no mention of what the specific "particles" are. Not only that, but any good research takes into account all variables, and because this study did not make conclusions based upon specific particle emissions there appears to be little or no evidence for them to base conclusions on. Until I hear what these "particles" actually are, and can investigate them for myself the whole point of this article is virtually mute. If you ask me, and if what the article states is correct, this is a very good example of bad science that the common person would swallow without questioning it.

Anyone have any further information about what specific "particles" are being emitted by these laser printers?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't really buy into all those "fine particle" and "global-warming" kind of stuff anyway. Scientific research is totally biased, so many common beliefs are probably just wrong or at least partially incorrect. Possibly just there for fear-mongering.
And I'm a smoker, to say the least.

It shouldn't be a surprise that an awful lot of things around us are purposely hazardous, after all the radio frequencies commonly used are chosen to be on the most cancer-causing spectrum since over 50 years.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join