It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendu
Ok, well who's to say what Google can and can't retreive? Could it be the owners selectively allow stuff like AOL? It's 'someone's' engine, not mine so I can't say what they should allow right?

Well, its none of my business, its the owners business, thats right. But there are data protection laws that are still in place, I think (hope).

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Does google really delete files after awhile, or are they playing a kind of "book-of-life" God or Akasha Chronciles in which everything you ever did online is saved forever and ever?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you want other search results other than Google or want to compare results, then why not use www.dogpile.com search engine? It retrieves information from Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask.

It will also show exactly which search engines it got the information from. You will be able to see site A was from Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask. Site B was from Google and Yahoo. Site C was obtained from ASK.

Dog Pile came up with 45 entries searching for sutdyof911.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I checked that out, thats very interesting mysterylady.

to all other readers of this thread: does anyone know how long the data is kept or when/if it is deleted?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
An interesting video to go along with this discussion...

Very interesting indeed...

Semper

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
wow...thanks for that video. I knew there might be something sinsiter going on here but the CIA and genetic-research connection is new to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It kind of blew me away in the common sense of it all...

I mean if one looks at it, it all makes sense, but I have never seen it put together like that before..

Semper

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
well, we can see it like this:

the only way to make people accept big brother is by making them fall in love with big brother first. google has become one of the most loved and relied on products in the world. if all that is the case then there have been some very sly minds working on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I can only speak for China here, but the only reason that Google is being complicit with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is because of money.

Since all ISPs in China are government regulated, China can turn off access to Google at will. When I was studying in Beijing that is exactly what the Chinese government did on June 6, 2006. Talking to close friends that worked at Google, the problem seemed to be centered ONLY in Beijing and a rumor was floating around that it was to get back at some perceived slight that Google did. I also heard that it was done due to influence by Microsoft, which has much better relations with the CCP.

And the other thing against this Googl in cahoots with the CCP is Baidu. It's the Chinese carbon copy of Google that has over 60% of the search share in China. Google has maybe 25% currently. In truth, the CCP really doesn't need Google, it's the other way around.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

this is a link to a new new york times article in which a harvard guy warns against the big brother potential of internet and google.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It might be a good Idea to start at lets say page 20 and work yourself back to page 1 on big searches, that way you disrupt any messing with search results to get info on first page.

You can go to advanced search and set pages displayed to 100 and look from bottom up also.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have started using ask.com

Avoiding Google completely now....

I don't see the reason to take any chances myself. I Love the google search, but there are other engines just as good...

Semper

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

It might be a good idea to do some test on sensitive subjects, or areas that you would assume are managed to see if results differ outside of assumed norms.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I googled Code pink, on both google and ask.com first 15 entries in screen shots.

Google had 1 entry that premoted bad opinion for code pink
Ask dot com had 11 entries that were bad opinion one from Fox, and the first entry actually had a bit of a subliminial effect, it was code pinks comment on "Sicko"

I thought maybe that was because some events were within 30 day turn over, so I did Sicko since it was in news mostly months ago

Google had michel moore web sites as site 2, and sicko-themovie as site 1, both pro micheal more.
ask.com again had Fox news site on front page, and entry 38 was micheal more web page. (page 4)

How about everyone pick a key word and try this.
Looks like ask.com is a 'owned with a purpose', lets do about 20 or so and write an article on it.

make sure you note uses of words that would have subconscious negatism in any search term you choose.

Surprise! Surprise! guy who started fox news is the ceo of ask.com
about.ask.com...
www.iac.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Going to start a thread jump in and blow the cover on this one, this is rediculous, we knew they were moving into the web, now we have proof.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Today I read in a computer magazine that Google only picks up 2% of the entire information in the Internet. That surprised me as i would have thought its more like 80% or something.

Does anybody know more about this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join