It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Really the Biggest Threat to World Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Earlier this year Time Europe online asked the question "Who is really the biggest threat to world peace?" (Iraq, North Korea, U.S.) About 900,000 people responded with a resounding "United States" with 86.9% That's huge. The vote for North Korea and Iraq barely registered. Can we in the U.S. just blow that off? I wonder how many Americans were included in that vote. (Our mainstream media isn't gonna tell us that many of our citizens share that view.)

If the electronic voting machines are not rigged, the American people have a huge chance this coming November to throw this corrupt, cronyist administration out on its arse so that we can begin to bring sanity back into our policies at home and abroad. If we don't, the oppression (loss of civil rights) at home and global bloodshed will no doubt accelerate. And we might just find our economy collapsing in the process.

Bush is not nearly as clean and popular in the U.S. as the media would have us believe. That's supported by the fact that the only people he seems to ever address are the military and big donors and sycophants. Think about it. Listen to the voices across the internet and world pleading with U.S citizens to not re-elect Bush! It's amazing. What we decide this November will affect every person and nation in the world.

Bush is the most dangerous man in the world. It's time to send him back to podunk Crawford - where he belongs.

To see the results:

www.time.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The biggest threat to the world is the largest group of people who want to make everyone else abide by the rules which they don't even follow themselves. I think that description fits America quite well.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the biggest threat to world peace is all of us.

The biggest threat to world peace is the entire #in' human race.

You don't see too many bears and guinea pigs researching Nukes and aiming them at anyone, do you?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Agreed, JuanBond. I've posted it many times on this board: The end of humanity is the only path to peace. Shame on us for allowing such corruption to take place.

I would have to agree that the US is the biggest threat to world peace in terms of countries. I am, however, an American citizen so that obviously has an impact on my choice.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Better still the threat to UNIVERSAL peace is the struggle between light and dark, of which the universal purpose of existance of all creation is the evidence thereof.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Have to agree with Juan,
The only time this planet will see peace is when humans are no longer around.

OH my guns bigger then yours

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How the hell the US and the West be the greatist enemy to peace in the world when the enemy that the US fights doesnt want peace with us. Its almost a war of distruction. Terrorists or the West, one will win.

Btw, Europe is bound to be attacked by terrorists if anybody thinks Europe is neutral. Europe is the birthplace of the Modern West and is extremely idealogicaly different to the terrorists.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
How the hell the US and the West be the greatist enemy to peace in the world when the enemy that the US fights doesnt want peace with us. Its almost a war of distruction. Terrorists or the West, one will win.

Btw, Europe is bound to be attacked by terrorists if anybody thinks Europe is neutral. Europe is the birthplace of the Modern West and is extremely idealogicaly different to the terrorists.

Huh????

Maybe it's just me, but that whole quote made no sense whatsoever.

The U.S. war on terror is exactly that, a U.S. war on terror. This thread is about world peace. I don't see terrorists taking jabs at Kenya or Tibet or Togo.

The U.S. is waging war against it's perceived enemies, and vise-versa.

Europe neutral? Whoever said that. I'm sure the Europeans recognize the threats to their countries. If they were neutral, they would be the 'middle-men' between the U.S. and it's enemies.

Hey Luke, use the force!

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Europe has seen terrorism for ages.

All my life, it seemed like the world looked at the U.S. - generally - as a place to go to be free and as a country that stood for justice. I could never have imagined our country turning into such a pariah. And so quickly. I used to love Reagan for his strength. I always felt secure. (And people used to think he was scary!) Bush makes Reagan seem like a peacenik. Unbelievable.

It's a damn shame what we've allowed the U.S. to become.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No one group of people or individual is the biggest threat to world peace. It is astounding how people blame problems on individuals that should be shifted to entire cultures and societies.

If the United States happened to be the biggest threat to world peace east coast....you would be just as responsible as me and my conservative RIGHT winged views.

The truth is that people have always fought and killed each other. Was George Bush here in the early 1900's at the beginning of the great wars? Was he here in the mid 1800's for the civil war? Was he part of some other great military action throughout history? No he wasn't.

Now enter logic (which seems to be lacking in society these days). What was here all this time? Disagreements and varying opinions were here then, and are here now. Free will was here then, and is here now. These are your root causes of war. These will never go away. Free will is THE MOST DANGEROUS THREAT TO MODERN SOCIETY.

So EastCoastKid, are you willing to give up your free will?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Freewill goes when one dies.

It appears, so far, you're opinion is in the minority. But the comments are appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join