It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts of a "mad" man, or just a fed up one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Dizzie, I have much respect for Missionaries.. Well, many of them anyway. I think they take some risks that are, well, risks...

While I am very spiritual, I am not much on organized religion. However, organized churches do do a lot of charity work and God will one day bless those who are involved in those expedentures.

Dizzie, I probably will never completely lose faith in humanity. There are just some things that come up from time to time that make me very angry. That anger tends to turn into despair, especially when things snowball. For example, you hear about something bad happening to a chile then you hear about fourteen people being killed by some disgruntled individuals, then there is some natural disater somewhere that kills 100 or thousands of people... You know what I mean? It becomes overwhelming sometimes. When I posted this thread, it was after hearing of comparable atrocities.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, it's been almost three years ago since I posted this thread, and I must say that there has been much that has happened. While there is still the gross materialistic attitude of the masses, I have to think, or at least hope, that there is a bit more awareness than there was when Iposted this thread.

It's amazing to me that those who have spiritual understanding are shunned, rebuked, and made "fun" of.While those who know nothing about nothing are welcomed in society with open arms. Perhaps, that is the way it shall always be. Perhaps, it wasn't meant tobe any other. Who is to say?

However, it's apparent to me that the economies of the world are in dire straights. Accident? I don't think so.

There are things going on that we, humanity, have no understanding of. We perceive things from the perspective of me,my and mine. Yet, it is apparent that the time for me,my and mine is drawing to a close. Oh, how the "mighty" are falling. The "mighty,mighty me" isn't so "mighty" now is it?

By any logical interpretation the dollar has already collapsed. Today’s dollar only purchases five cents of what it purchased in the 1930s, ten cents of what it purchased in the 1960-70s, and maybe 50 cents of what it purchased in the 1980s. So inflation has already brought the dollar to an ongoing collapse. The sound money people have been warning about this through the decades: the dollar is no longer an effective form of currency.
Mammon

How much "faith" do you have in your materialism and "wealth" now? It's not as sturdy as it once was, is it? So, now, I have to ask a simple question. Where do you materialists turn for solace? Now that your ivory towers are falling around your proverbial heads, what do you fall back on?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Wow!

Just when I have almost got a bellyful of the authoritarian religious type along come a gem of an OP like this. It was a great OP and I got a glimpse of the writer. I have a few points you may wish to consider.

Islam may be for the American taste. What I suggest is that you take a look at Sufism which is the esoteric side of Islam. Once you see Sufism you go back and take a look at Islam. Bearing in mind that the Moslems persecuted the Sufis.

The problem with the established religion is that they are all split. Split between the exoteric end of the spectrum and the exoteric end.

The exoteric end is all about the public face of the religion the big pomp and circumstances and the political manoeuvring. It is this exoteric side that eagerly is incorporated into the state in many countries. Exoteric religion is the authoritarian “My way or the highway” outlook.

The esoteric end of the religion is the spiritual core of the religion. The originators of the religion were spiritual people. Sadly what came after were the codifiers and politicos who were certainly not spiritually inclined.

“It is in the real world that awakening and development need to occur, not off in remote solitude.”

The above sentence is interesting and perhaps may be seen more as a false dichotomy as esotericists do live in the real world and the two can be combined.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Thank you. I have read some of the writings of the Sufis. They are very interesting. They seem so removed from traditional Islam that I like them.
I am more familiar with the Gnostics, but I have read a few things by and on the Sufis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join