It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government trying to propegate a new scare-Infrastructure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am not a big believer in coincidences. When you have the New York burst and now the MN bridge collapse and now everyone is shouting infrastructure and both happening in a short time span from each other one has to wonder why the outcry now? Have we really not had any problems like this in the past? Yes we have. So why now is there a huge buzz about the infrastructure? Is there a greater purpose for this recent stirring of the media on this topic?
I don't argue that issues need to be addressed in regards to the state of repairs for these sort of things, but I am curious about the way this is progressing.
Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think the government is behind this because this can only serve to make them look bad. IT IS THEIR JOB TO MAINTAIN THE INFRASTRUCTURE! Any breakdowns appropriately make them look like incompetent bozos, not something they want, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, if you use the problem/reaction/solution method with which the powers that be use to control us, I'd say we're still in the "problem" phase. It's really hard to get a good read on what "their" plans are until we get into the "reaction" phase and suggestions start popping up in the major news media.

Let me throw in my 2 cent conspiracy. The public would be more accepting of a military presence in our streets if the reason was for inspecting, repairing, and safeguarding our infrastructure.

Let's not forget about the levees in New Orleans as well.

Peace

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am not quite sure how the infrastucture in the states is, but up here in Canada, its BAD. A fairly large portion of the bridges and roadways in BC have seen moderate to little maintenance for the past 20 or so years, and things are starting to show thier age in places.

Maybe the government has something to do with it, but in a different way, where could all the money be going that should be keeping the infrastructure in tip-top shape, hmm?

[edit on 2-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

The public would be more accepting of a military presence in our streets if the reason was for inspecting, repairing, and safeguarding our infrastructure.

Let's not forget about the levees in New Orleans as well.

Peace

some interesting thoughts there. In truth we have given up alot of freedoms already and I do feel as though the more they take the more they want from us, and yes, perhaps this could be a step in the direction of trying to get the public to accept yet another part of our freedom/privacy lost. We shall see, only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I am not quite sure how the infrastucture in the states is, but up here in Canada, its BAD. A fairly large portion of the bridges and roadways in BC have seen moderate to little maintenance for the past 20 or so years, and things are starting to show thier age in places.

Maybe the government has something to do with it, but in a different way, where could all the money be going that should be keeping the infrastructure in tip-top shape, hmm?

[edit on 2-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

I think most of the roads in the U.S. are the best in the world...unfortunately with other works of infrastructure such as bridges that does not seem to be the case. I think the government knows that it would be very expensive to absolutely keep all infrastructure in 100% tip-top shape so sometimes they just simply hope and pray that nothing really bad will happen if the bare minimum maintenance/inspection/repair is done, though they are probably starting to realize that this mentality won't cut it in light of the recent disasters.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
With regards to the Minneapolis I-35W Bridge, the Federal Government was well aware of the problems it had and what was needed to correct the situation, but told our state government that it was up to them to take the action needed to fix the problem. With that said, I dont think we can all just blame the Feds on everything, as State & Local people need to start takeing action and responsability as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Is the government trying to propegate a new scare-Infrastructure?

Anything to keep the populace too scared to do anything but work and consume, eh?

I've noticed the MSM is certainly doing their part in keeping us nice and docile.

I caught a mildly amusing report on one of the MSM channels about the 'rising anxiety levels' that follow in the wake of such a tragedy. Another good one was a report about a woman who is too scared to drive across bridges so she has some kind of driver service take her across.

LESS RELEVENT TO OP:

Locally (for me), Michigan roads and bridges are among the worst in the country.

An interview with Michigan Department of Transportation Director Kirk Steudle today revealed that while 485 bridges in the state are considered structurally deficient,

structurally deficient doesn’t mean unsafe

www.freep.com.../20070802/NEWS06/70802050/0/NEWS07

The DoT here has been hard at work since this spring though, when they launched a $1 million inspection and repair initiative, AFTER concrete fell off of several overpasses.

Workers are using a technique called "sounding and scaling," which involves hitting bridges with a hammer to find hollow areas, then removing loose concrete or reinforcing the structures with plywood

www.detnews.com.../20070411/METRO05/704110411

Good old plywood, puts my mind at ease.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by mmmuuuumy]

top topics

join