It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship and 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
what i was refering more specifically to is the anit-terrorism act, which allows the government to legally do everything i sited. all they need to do is "suspect" you of being a terrorist. but discomfit said it much better than i ever could. like goldfinger said "open your eyes to the millions of lies, they tell you everyday"

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZGhorus
what i was refering more specifically to is the anit-terrorism act, which allows the government to legally do everything i sited. all they need to do is "suspect" you of being a terrorist. but discomfit said it much better than i ever could. like goldfinger said "open your eyes to the millions of lies, they tell you everyday"

So where are all these people that are being thrown in jail and dissapearing for thought crimes?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
On Aug. 4th 2007, the Senate passed the Bush Backed Spy Bill which preserves & expands the illegal domestic spying program. I hope people are educated enough by this time to know that such legislations have nothing to do with Terrorism, and everything to do with monitoring and controlling American dissent.

Furthermore, on May 9 2007, Bush signed the
national security and homeland security presidential directive,
which gives Bush near full dictatorial powers in the event of a "National Emergency". Bush, and the people he works for, will be able to do ANYTHING they want if a "National Emergency" is deemed. All they need is a "New 9/11".
The US Constitution will no longer be applicable.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by ZGhorus]
just because we dont hear about it doesnt mean its not happening, i'm sorry dude...its true. you dont hear about me eating, but i do, you dont here about regular people dying but they do. thousands of people go missing every year.
[url]http://www.mispers.com/profiles.html[url]
thats just a few...

[edit on 5-8-2007 by ZGhorus]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza
[does anyone know of someone who was arrested or interrogated just by saying in public that 9/11 was an inside job?

If you do some research their have been government and military people that have been warned or even lost their jobs for speaking out againstg the official 911 story.

If you need any help with the research let me know.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

[does anyone know of someone who was arrested or interrogated just by saying in public that 9/11 was an inside job?

If you do some research their have been government and military people that have been warned or even lost their jobs for speaking out againstg the official 911 story.

If you need any help with the research let me know.

Sure I would love to see this stuff.

What I forsee is the dude that got fired(if your post is even true) would not stop talking about the damn conspiracy theory so they fired him. I've met you people in real life and it's obnoxious. "NO, man JUST LISTEN TO ME, you're blind to your countries misdeeds man, bush blew up the wtc with bombs!"

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
yeah it would be good that you could post info that could proove what you're saying

[edit on 5-8-2007 by DrExtravaganza]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc

Sure I would love to see this stuff.

What I forsee is the dude that got fired(if your post is even true) would not stop talking about the damn conspiracy theory so they fired him. I've met you people in real life and it's obnoxious. "NO, man JUST LISTEN TO ME, you're blind to your countries misdeeds man, bush blew up the wtc with bombs!"

I will get you some reports.

Well for 1 i work for the government. I also have the education and experience to know that thier are a lot of things missing or left out of the official story.

I for 1 never said Bush blew up the WTC. But people that still believe the official story are being very closed minded to facts. If you do any actual hard research, file some FOIA request, and e-mail companies and people that were actually there then you will find the facts.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Your answer is defensive.

Nah. “Love it or leave it.” That’s defensive. My answer is based on many many experiences of mine.

You don’t think America should be held to a higher standard?

Absolutely we should. We have more money and resources than every other country on earth. We should help other countries. And…inevitably, the helper is always seen as “greater” than the helpee.

So did American arrogance result from the aid we deliver to other countries, or is the aid a result of our arrogance? I choose to believe the former.

You’re still looking at it as an ’us and them’ thing.

Our conversation grew from this seed from the OP:

From an European point a view, America is quite horrible this days due no to the terrorism (lol) but due to our own government.
If in the 90's USA seemed to be a nice country to live in (thanks to the hollywood propaganda), these days it looks like the stupidest country on earth.

It is an “us and them” thing. I just think you’re ignoring opinions like the one above when you imply that U.S. citizens are wholly guilty for making it that way.

People need to wake up and stop pretending, the dream is over, welcome to the nightmare.

Come on now. That sounds more like a trailer for a Nick Cage movie than an accurate assessment of our country…don’t you think?

This is better:

America is in a mess.

Although, I would probably add that the world as whole is not exactly a tidy place at the moment.

Who cares how we compare with other countries?

Other countries.

Saying, ‘what we have got is better than what they have got’ shouldn’t be used as an excuse to ignore what we need to fix.

Who is saying it is?

I doubt you and I will ever see eye to eye on this particular topic. Which is ironic because, all semantics aside, I think our gameplans for “fixing” this country would be strikingly similar.

The difference, I guess, is that I think there is plenty to applaud here in the U.S.

You are dead focused on the nightmarish horrors of our deficiencies (despite the fact that you are calling me a defeatist…which is odd).

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccaihc
I've met you people in real life and it's obnoxious.

I don't remember ever meeting you. Date, time & place please. If not, please don't lump me in with others. That is the biggest strawman tactic ever concieved. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Europe and the United States are equally being dumbed down by generation and deceived in religion and politics. In order to create a world system that will facilitate the devils need for temporary power, and he will end up destroying much of us when he ignites saturn.

Go read my post in the religion section on revelation 13 interpretation.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
Although, I would probably add that the world as whole is not exactly a tidy place at the moment.

There you again, 'the whole world is a mess', so it makes it OK for us to be a mess? You keep making excuses is all I see.

Again you proved the point I was trying to make.

And BTW a whole lot of that mess in the world was/is created by the US....

You're all quick to take responsibility for any good you think you've done, but when something you've done wrong is mentioned you have a list of excuses.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You're all quick to take responsibility for any good you think you've done, but when something you've done wrong is mentioned you have a list of excuses.

I'm absolutely baffled at how you arrived at this conclusion.

Just reread my posts...yup, still baffled.

You win.

Rock on.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
^Sry wasn't referring to you personally...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join