It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group Skills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Whilst there are many good idea's on kit and supplies for survival what about the people you may need for your survival. While we would all think of saving of our nearest and dearest that may not be equiped with the wear withall for continued survival.

If a crisis comes the populated area's would be the worst hit so you cannot rely the essential services as those that may be left would be totally swamped.

So there are possibly two options, have a group make up of as many diciplines as needed again this probably would not be family. Or you have your family and friends who have undergone some suitable form of training in various fields. I mean we can all drive a car but how many could build one from scratch.

We are all used to using everyday technology but not many people could replicate it if required to do so. You may be in a situation where you have an abundance of materials but lack the skills to use them.

Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce idea's such as these in your groups family or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There are groups of like minded people that have formed across America and Canada. Some of these groups have fairly well established areas to meet and survive, for any other lack of words.

One of the first things done with these groups is to have a person inventory his skills either for primary usage or assistant usage. A mechanic may be able to maintain generators but he also might have first aid skills. This doesn't make him a doctor, but it can help in treating minor injuries while the doctor is performing his/her primary duties.

If you have any intentions in these areas, you need to have very frank talks with the people involved. Some may even desire some training or education in areas that surprise you. But it all starts with open talking.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i have tried to form groups similar to this, or one large group similar to this but ATS closed the topic due to identity hazards and what not, i guess this is a safer topic, you have my support on this one.

join