It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by discomfit
It's amazing that the US isn't ranked at the very bottom.
* Number of external and internal conflicts fought: 2000-05
* Estimated number of deaths from organised conflict (external)
* Number of deaths from organised conflict (internal)
* Level of organised conflict (internal)
* Relations with neighbouring countries
* Level of distrust in other citizens
* Number of displaced people as a percentage of the population
* Political instability
* Level of disrespect for human rights (Political Terror Scale)
* Potential for terrorist acts
* Number of homicides per 100,000 people
* Level of violent crime
* Likelihood of violent demonstrations
* Number of jailed population per 100,000 people
* Number of internal security officers and police per 100,000
* Military expenditure as a percentage of GDP
* Number of armed services personnel per 100,000 people
* Volume of transfers (imports) of major conventional weapons per 100,000 people
* Volume of transfers (exports) of major conventional weapons per 100,000
* UN Deployments 2006-07 (percentage of total armed forces)
* Non UN Deployments 2006-07 (percentage of total armed forces)
* Aggregate number of heavy weapons per 100,000 people
* Ease of access to small arms and light weapons
* Military capability/sophistication
Originally posted by justyc
lady of the lake and chupa101.
did you bother to read the included link which shows how much information they actually gathered to put this study together? no? let me list the main areas for you...