It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cheney admits he's bush's puppetmaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
in a cnn interview, dick cheney states he is the one responsible for the decisions that bush makes. link here

so who really decided to say that bush was the decider? bush or cheney?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Interesting, but is there more to the interview because as it is in the link, it seems like it could be taken out of context. But if not then it's just confirming what a lot of us have been thinking for a while.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Cheney's power shouldn't be in doubt to anyone. He's shown it brazenly and even the most timid of reporters have commented about Cheney's unusually powerful role as "vice" president.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You mean he actually stated the truth???

Is he trying to redeem himself?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
lol, sounds like he is setting us up to show how much of a 'leader' he can be ... if the pres. suddenly 'disappears' ... then what every made him 'disappear' constitutes (bad word to use with Cheney) a national emergency and he shuts down election procedures.

maybe?

I think he made a lot of things happen, and not the Bush is a moron, but maybe just easily influences, not a strong personality to stand up to the people who 'put' him in office.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Im not suprised, the guy loves himself so much he had to let something slip someday

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I watched that interview and caught that remark. Adding in the whole "Vice President and those who advise him" remark really did seem like it was tossed in to cover for what he said. There is nothing in that statement to take out of context.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
mparent7777-2.blogspot.com...

Q Does it pain you when Brent Scowcroft says, "This is not the Dick Cheney I knew"?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well --

Q I mean, you were close friends.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Sure, and I don't bear any grudges towards Brent. Brent doesn't walk in my shoes these days. He's not in the job I'm in. He's not responsible for making the decisions the President has had to make and those of us who support him and advise him.

I'm no fan of Bush or Cheney, but Cheney talk's about supporting and advising the president. That's far off from admitting he's a puppet master IMO. I'm sure they have made decisions together before, they are the president and vice president after all. Bush is a puppet, but I don't think Cheney is pulling the strings.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
THE VICE PRESIDENT: Sure, and I don't bear any grudges towards Brent. Brent doesn't walk in my shoes these days. He's not in the job I'm in. He's not responsible for making the decisions the President has had to make (at this point he stopped talking for a second or two, then added) and those of us who support him and advise him.

Like I said I watched the interview and was quite shocked when he made this statement. Then I had to laugh as he added the last part to it. It is easy to say he was taken out of context when you read the transcript, but had you heard the pause you would see it in a entirely different light.

new topics

top topics

join