It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Breaking News - Harold Shipman found dead in cell!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The notorious Doctor of Death, Harold Shipman was found dead after hanging himself in his cell.
Shipman was one of, if not, Britain's most notorious serial killer.

Story here :
news.bbc.co.uk...

My thought? - good riddance. One less scumbag on the earth as of today.

regards
flc

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Oh well i hope he died really slow!!!
The worlds a better place without that guy in it,

heres a Shipman fact file for those who are not familur with the story...link

www.sky.com...

:: The former family doctor is known to have killed 215 of his patients during a murderous campaign which lasted 23 years.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Oh well i hope he died really slow!!!
The worlds a better place without that guy in it,

Asala, you surprise me! I never thought you had a nasty streak in you

Just kidding, I think the same - he deserved everything he got and I hope he suffered.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
See that he was found hanging behind the curtain of his cell!!!

Kinda odd when he was checked on hourly,
But so far they are saying that they think it was his own doing...

FLC ...me nasty streak lol Only when its deserved.
I always try and be fair,

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I find it amazing that most of these serial killers someone manage to kill themselves in prison, even though they are meant to be on watch and precautions against this have meant to be taken.

I believe that guards probably find them, then walk away and leave them for an hour to make sure that they're dead, which I don't blame them.

I must say though I gain no satisfaction from this, I feel he has cheated justice and the victims families (even though I'm sure they're not sorry), he should've been made to live with what he did.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I must say though I gain no satisfaction from this, I feel he has cheated justice and the victims families (even though I'm sure they're not sorry), he should've been made to live with what he did.

I agree, but do some of these people have any remorse for what they have done? Did he admit it? Did he say he was sorry? I do not know his story.

The killer that does not care, is not sorry, has no remorse, leaving them alive to live with their crime is not justice. They just have a smaller home and still don't care. They will apply for parole eventually.

It would have been nice to know exactly how many and who it was that he had a hand in. But if I were one of the family members of the group of 45 that is still unknown, I don't think I would want to know.

Personally I do not know of any form of justice that would make me happy if someone was to kill one of my family. I don't think there is anything in this world that would make up for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I get where your coming from John
There will be alot of unanswered questions for the familys,

Im sure they must be angry not to be able to get the answers they deserve,

Maybe they could put these kinda guys in a padded cell
for the rest of there lifes..

Crayon read this link on the fact file of this guy

www.sky.com...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by asala]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
At least if he is dead it saves my tax money being wasted on a low life like him

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Do the families feel any better for this? I doubt it, and this is coming from experience.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Crayon read this link on the fact file of this guy

www.sky.com...

Yup, read that, but there is nothing in there that states that he admited to doing it. Nor if he was sorry for the deaths of his patients.

The other article attempts to say he had no remorse, but still, there are no quotes from Shipman directly.

I guess it all really does not matter though. I believe he went to his grave with some important answers. Why do people do this kind of thing? Was it to try and make some cash? Chemical imbalance? Lack of sex?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
quite a bit of info on skynews

there are a few good links here on his background ect

www.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

join