It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Check out this slideshow video on youtube:

Here's the url in case the video doesn't work in the thread: www.youtube.com...

Some of these quotes seem to good to be true. I did some quick searching and can't find any sources for these quotes. I think this is one of the big problems with youtube. How are we supposed to verify stuff like this to see if it is even true or not?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The very first one, Ben Rich, was said during a convention I think it was. I used to have an audio clip of it and I once seen someone say there's a small video clip but I've never found it and I can't find the audio clip since I lost it.

He apparently said it during a convention and mysteriously died a couple days to a week later.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Man I wish you didn't lose it. I could never find any real proof that Ben Rich actually said that. I would love to hear the actual audio or better yet see the video. He is obviously very credible if he was the head of Lockheed Skunkworks. I don't see why he would just lie and make a statement like that...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Those are very interesting quotes. The only one I had seen before was the very last one by Jimmy Carter.

I was surprised, however, not to see one I have seen Ronald Reagan say on video.

www.truthseekeratroswell.com...
Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize the common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask---is not an alien force already among us?

I remember this one distinctly because of the way Reagan said it. He seemed to imply by his tone of voice that he thought there were aliens among us.

Another of my favourites that didn't make those clips is the following:

wonkette.com...

After Jimmy Carter won the presidency, he paid a visit to then-CIA director George H.W. Bush’s office and supposedly asked to see the agency’s UFO files ... Poppy Bush refused, saying Carter didn’t have the “need to know” required to see the CIA’s apparently extensive Top Secret Space Monster Archives.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Reagan's speech was totally hypothetical. He wasn't trying to say Aliens were actually going to attack us, he was just saying "what if?" And I completely agree with him. His speech was totally on point and no one even seemed to get the message. We are humans on Earth. Not Asia. Not Europe. Not Africa, etc etc. If an Alien race really did come to invade Earth our differences worldwide probably would vanish and we would realize that we are all the same human race.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Some of these quotes seem to good to be true. I did some quick searching and can't find any sources for these quotes

Nope, they're accurate, and even more aren't in that slideshow... ; )

Do more than a quick search using the info provided, and you should find them. The Carter reference was actually said to a reporter, but you can probably find this on presidentialufos.com (or something similar)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Reagan's speech was totally hypothetical. He wasn't trying to say Aliens were actually going to attack us, he was just saying "what if?" And I completely agree with him.

What you say is true, of course. However, the context would suggest more was going on. This was during a time when Reagan and Gorby were having an unusual number of 'summits,' some of which appeared to be hasty. Usually summmits take place after months, even years of 'advance man' planning just what color of ties each side is going to wear. But that's not how Reagan and Gorby did it. They were fast to meet when they wanted to.

At the same time this is the era when our missiles supposedly were tampered with by UFOs. There is at least one Disclosure Project witness who talks about this. He also talks in the movie "Out of the Blue" and the incidents are related in Marcel, Jr.'s new book. I have read that the same thing happened in the USSR. The message: Stop messing with nukes. Subsequent to these actions and Reagan's speech, the USA and USSR significantly reduced their nuclear arms, The USSR fell apart, and we have all new issues.

This is strictly conjecture on my part, but it leads me to believe Reagan's speech was based on more than theory. Whether he was totally in control of himself at that point and did so carefully and intentionally, or whether early Alzheimers had him nearly spill the beans I have no idea.

This is just a story. It doesn't prove anything, I know.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

wonkette.com...

After Jimmy Carter won the presidency, he paid a visit to then-CIA director George H.W. Bush’s office and supposedly asked to see the agency’s UFO files ... Poppy Bush refused, saying Carter didn’t have the “need to know” required to see the CIA’s apparently extensive Top Secret Space Monster Archives.

Jimmy Carter has quite recently stated that the story about him visiting Bush Sr. and being turned down on seeing the UFO files is simply a fabrication. After all, had he done so, Carter could have demanded his resignation.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As a clarification, I meant the Carter quote on the You-Tube footage, as being genuine.

The Carter/Bush discussion has largely been considered bogus.

The other Carter quote came from the dubious Enquirer....

In June 1976, Jimmy Carter was quoted by the National Enquirer as promising, " If I become President, I’ll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."

www.presidentialufo.com...

His press secretary said:

"Whatever statement you saw concerning President Carter’s view on UFOs was not exactly what he said. He had seen something that he thought was unexplainable that possibly might have been a UFO and he will certainly disclose and describe any unusual phenomena he might see. He is committed to the fullest possible openness in government and would support full disclosure of material that was not defense sensitive that might relate to UFOs. He did not, however, pledge to "make every piece of information concerning the UFOs available to the public." There might be some aspects of some sightings that would have defense implications that possibly should be safe-guarded against immediate and full disclosure." Walter Wurfel, Carter Deputy Press Secretary February 28, 1977

But, Carter did say this:

Carter, however, did say something very similar during a campaign stop in Appleton, Wisconsin on the morning of March 31, 1976. During a news conference at the airport, Thomas Heiman, Associate Director of the UFO Education Center in Appleton Wisconsin, asked Carter a question.

Heiman: As President, would you air what’s "behind-closed-doors" today in regards to UFOs?

Carter: I don’t know what to make of it. However, some of the sightings have been witnessed by 20 to 25 people, law enforcement officers, and everyone in the cockpit of a major airplane, and so forth. But I can’t tell you what to make of it. If I knew, I’d be the only one in the world who does. But, yes, I would make these kinds of data available to the public, as President, to help resolve the mystery about it.

Heiman: On a public basis?

Carter: Yes, on a public basis.

Same source as mentioned above.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If the Aliens are so 'anti-nuke' then why the hell did they let the United States drop a nuke on Japan? They haven't done anything about it. I bet we could nuke Iran tomorrow and the Aliens wouldn't do a thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't it is that they're anti-nuke but rather,they wanted us to know that they could kill our weapons as easily as turning off a light switch. I know it's a cynical take...I want them to be peace loving too.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Diplomat -nice video

There are some more very interesting UFO quotes posted underneath from various politicians,academics,scientists and high ranking military officials/Defense/NASA .
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...
Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was reading more quotes by astronauts today, and they are pretty incredible to say the least.

Why don't more people take these astronauts seriously when they talk about UFOs & Aliens? If anyone would be in a position to see a UFO it would most likely be an astronaut, so the public should listen closely to what they have to say.

top topics

join