It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Islands in the Atlantic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
I understand what u mean mojo4sale, but I can dream at least, and send off the information... no harm in trying, even when dealing with doomed causes...

Go for it, you never know..... I wasnt trying to deter anyone from trying, hell if i had the money i'd fly out there to have a look myself.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to determine the depth, but I changed the setting to Yahoo Maps on Flash Earth and this is what I got on both island sets:

Location 1

Location 2

next I switched it to the Ask.com (aerial) setting, on this first location, though the underwater masses don't show, there are two spots that aren't ocean, perhaps the land is protruding there as the sightings suggest...

Ask

The second location seems even less promising now, nothing showed up on the ask.com view at all, but the first one becomes even more intriguing...

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Damn. It looks very, very likely that there could be a small atoll there of some sort. Maybe just a little bit of land left sticking up, while the rest has long since sank.

Oh how i wish i had the money to take a boat out there >_

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Comparison with a map of the Atlantic reveals that 'location 1' is in fact Great Meteor Seamount and an internet search shows it to be a well documented and much studied part of the seabed, ie: www.awi-bremerhaven.de...

Definitely no land to be found above sea level there today - although it's quite possible it did form an island at some point in the past.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
interesting, they studied the currents surrounding it, perhaps that means if there's nothing on the mass in the way of ruins, but I suppose the remains of some Atlantis-like civilization were present it would likely be so decayed and old (give the fact its in the ocean) that there may be little to no evidence left... still I'd like to see a diving or submarine team get a closer, underwater, look at the mount...

Since finding this I've been reading more and more about Atlantis, and for a while it was placed near or around the Azores, near where this seamount rests, strange that those searching for Atlantis only want to look in the Mediterranean, or Bimini and forget that Plato's version of Atlantis was one of many retellings of a recurring ancient tale, the tale of a lost land that perished in calamity, whether named Atlantis, Lemuria, or something altogether different, these stories very well be describing the same place, just altering the story to their region and their culture...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Excuse me but governments finance expedition without expecting a treasure in return.

Anyway I doubt any peoples or companies would want to spend millions on an expedition just for copper. A few copper weapons isn't enough to get an income.

They need a ship, possibly equipment for diving, and if the currents are bad maybe subs.

So the best would be government or dicovery channel or another television.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Lemuria is of the Pacific seabed and was supposedly from an age prior to that which is commonly termed 'Atlantis'

(this according to the readings of Edgar Cayce, which I find to be quite consistent and more than plausible)

That civilization gave rise to such cultures as we find on Easter Island, the Pacific NW and the SW desert US and also in Mesoamerica (which is also populated from the OTHER side which would be the peoples of the age of Atlantis)...

so we have the pyramid builder types migrating to both the east and west sides of what is said to have been the area of Atlantis = Mayans and Egyptians, basically - and then there are peoples who were more into the standing stone/sarcen type memorials = I see a lot of similarities in the totems of N. America west coast as compared to those big faces on Easter Island...

Incidentally, it is said, also, in the readings, that the restoration of mankind in the age we are entering into will involve a return of BOTH the cultural/spiritual roots of the Lemurians as well as the Atlanteans...

So not necessarily a literal return of the land but rather a physical body of people manifesting the spiritual characteristics of those peoples.

But who knows?

Surely the world has been adjusted more times than we can discern, as far as land and sea areas...just the fact of there being the Piri Reis map suggests such a thing...

I think it would be VERY interesting to see what is under the snow and ice at the south pole, myself! And maybe more plausible of becoming an actuality than getting to see what is on the sea-bed. I suspect that the sea somehow acts as a great cleaning machine in regard to the 'litter' left behind by civilizations when landmasses shift....

I'm on dial-up
and so am waiting patiently (?) to check out all the maps you guys want to share - when I get to see something I might have more to say about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hmm... well I guess if Ed Cayce said something about it it must be true, though I get the feeling that he was so tired in later life he probably told people what they wanted to hear, poor guy wore himself out...

I'm still debating over whether to send this off and who I'd send it to, knowing the discovery channel they'd do a half-a$$ed investigation on one of their Atlantis documentaries which all end with: "What happened to Atlantis, the world may never know."

All I know is I'm glad I found this (even if its a well known seamount), it really got me thinking about how little we know for certain about our own history and our own planet...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Cayce did not say anything as far as these things go...he was just a CHANNEL for these messages to come through. However, they ARE reliable.

He is called the 'Sleeping Prophet' because he was literally asleep for every single reading ever given.

He was tired, though - he was instructed, through the readings, to give only 2 a day: one in the AM and one after lunch. The demand grew and grew, however, and he was unwilling to limit the help that he knew so many people greatly desired that he disregarded the warning and began to give up to 8 readings a day. His body was overtaxed severely and he did die from it.

He never charged a dime for any of it; he did take voluntary donations but never asked for them. He truly was a prophet and he was a generous and unselfish person. That is one reason we know God used him for this purpose - he was pure in heart!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't put a lot of weight on anything from Cayce; he was wrong far more often than he was right.

But back on the original subject... the region there is pretty interesting. Why not email the researchers that are looking at it and see if they have found anything unexplainable?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Conact Info

Not sure if they mean the three letters from one of the scientists name or what, doesn't look like an ordinary email address either way so I'm not sure how to send the info off...

Idk, Cayce was pretty good, he could find oil wells within a few feet on occasion...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Updated account, useful for those that stumble on this old thread and wish to examine the possible site of this mysterious island themselves.
grahamhancock.com...,281494,281494
I have no doubt it was genuine and not a fake, however I am surprised there was not a recorded tsunami type event but of course if the rising and resubmersion of this area of sea bed was slow enough then there would not have been and of course it may have been small enough that the Tsunami ripple may have lost enough energy by the time it hit shore on the mainland that it was not of any great note to those that lived at the time.

I also agree about censorship of such find's being prevalent but think it has more to do with fear of causing a culture shock.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I looked for the story (which seems to have no documented source) and found this:

The record shows that several other masters recorded a large area of dead floating fish on that same route at about the same time. And Captain James Newdick of the steam schooner Westbourne reported sighting the island while on route from Marselles to New York at about the same time. His report appeared in the New York Post on April 1, 1882.

Note the date - April Fool's day.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well there is no fool like an old fool, I am hiding behind the chair by the way - metaphorically speaking.

I actually feel just like this,

edit on 24-6-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

I tried to go to farshores.org, and apparently the site is down. Then I tried to look up the site in the Internet Wayback Archive, and it appears to be all in Japanese.

Can you post an exact link to the original article, please? And the images, links, or whatever for "first location" and "second location" aren't showing up, so it would be very helpful to have those as well.

Damon

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonjc

I tried to go to farshores.org, and apparently the site is down. Then I tried to look up the site in the Internet Wayback Archive, and it appears to be all in Japanese.

Can you post an exact link to the original article, please? And the images, links, or whatever for "first location" and "second location" aren't showing up, so it would be very helpful to have those as well.

Damon

try this
farshores.iwarp.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonjc

Damon

...the story date is from April 1st. April Fool's Day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join