It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota... Many Injuries/Deaths Feared

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

We can't have any new bridges or roads in this state, because the money just isn't available. Good thing, though, that we are able to scratch enough together to build multi-million dollar sports stadiums. Every time I plop down my surtax in Hennepin County to build a new park for the suck-ass Twins I'll think of that.

Your friend is right! We can fund a sports stadium but not roads and bridges? There was a public vote passed last year for transportation. It read that (with regards to license tab taxes, car sales tax, etc,) that "No more than 40% can go to roads and highways, and a minimum of 60% to public transit" Basically, all of this new tax goes to mass transit, regardless if you live in the Twin Cities or up in northern Minnesota where there NO mass transit system.

I was against this bill as mass transit would not benifit me, and those other people not living in the Twin Cities, yet the people of Minnesota passed it. 2 months later, the state wanted to raise the gas tax, and people started whining about the tax bill that was voted in. The state had to come back and explain how that was basically to fund mass transit, and not roads. The people of Minnesota were basically slapped in the face, and people thought the wording during this vote was mis-leading.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hmmm............. this is a very bad for the gas prices around that area.also the local econmy,but this was no accent the way the briges broke.Simple physics tells one this,energy was spreaded thought the bridge to matian trafiic weight every few feet.but when the energy chain is broken at one weak point ALL the energy defuse at that one point. So when I saw 4 or 5 broken spots on the bridge,maid me wonder if there was an external foce within the engery chain to cause a massive spike at those broken points. just like when a earthquake occurs excepth there was no earthquake at the time the brige broke. probaly, explosives praced, at those broken points. there will be other events in the future to control the american people though so called homeland security........

Ps sorry but cant spell worth a #

[edit on 3-8-2007 by roach2]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A few things come to mind regarding the failed bridge.

The NTSB statement about their planned painstaking investigation
to determine the exact cause of the bridge failure.

They will follow all the customary detailed forensic protocols to determine the truth and yet

we reflect on how the steel from the twin towers was rushed off the Chinese steel mills
in the wake of 9/11

While I feel terrible for those affected in this disaster,
I marvel at our selective compassion when we hear much higher numbers
every day from the Middle East and seem to have gotten numb from the onslaught.

It's good that we try to help others across the globe, but first we need to make sure our own house is in order.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just read this in the news:

ST LOUIS: US governors are scrambling to inspect thousands of bridges a day after evidence emerged of decades of neglect around the country.

The Federal Highway Administration yesterday issued an advisory, backed by Transportation Secretary Mary Peters, urging state transportation departments across the country to inspect bridges similar to the steel-deck truss structure that gave way in Minneapolis.

Highway officials said the US had 756 such spans.

Rush of safety checks

decades of neglect?

thousands of bridges?

What an admission!!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
decades of neglect?

thousands of bridges?

What an admission!!

Yeah, all the politicians are coming out promising to do something now.

Unfortunately, the news cycle will inevitably move onto something new soon, and most likely very little will actually be done.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What do we expect?

These are the kind of headaches that always get put off for the next administration to worry about. The expensive one's that mean other projects may have to be put on the back burner
or lose funding altogether.

This is just a grander scale version of the same kind of politics that determine when
there have been enough accidents at an intersection to warrant a traffice light.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would think with the president threatening to veto the health insurance bill for women and children because "it's too expensive" we can safely assume that the actuary tables will show that it's cheaper to just let this thing happen and THEN replace a bridge than to go replacing 1000's of bridges before this happens. Face it, in economic numbers only 100 people were injured and a handful of people killed.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roach2
hmmm............. this is a very bad for the gas prices around that area.also the local econmy,but this was no accent the way the briges broke.Simple physics tells one this,energy was spreaded thought the bridge to matian trafiic weight every few feet.but when the energy chain is broken at one weak point ALL the energy defuse at that one point. So when I saw 4 or 5 broken spots on the bridge,maid me wonder if there was an external foce within the engery chain to cause a massive spike at those broken points. just like when a earthquake occurs excepth there was no earthquake at the time the brige broke. probaly, explosives praced, at those broken points. there will be other events in the future to control the american people though so called homeland security........

Ps sorry but cant spell worth a #

[edit on 3-8-2007 by roach2]

Where did you get your degree in Physics from?? I'm sure that the state of Minnesota could surely use your help seeing that you know so much about what happened. The fact is a bridge plummeting 64 feet into a river might break a few times at different points on the way down. In fact, a perfectly intact bridge neatly sheared off at one point sitting in the water right now would seem more unusual I think. Nothing unusual in my book.

P.S. the Mozilla Firefox web browser has a spell check feature in it- I highly recommend it.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorry about the problem with the video, here it is ... moderator you may delete the duplicate post above.

6:05 P.M. the collapse occurred ...

Watch the introduction closely

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall ... [Miss USA takes a tumble]

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Raptor Witness]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
At first I thought, what a terrible accident, then I was angry at how, one of the richest countries in the world could let there people down, yet again. That should NEVER have happened in the US, where is it safe?? They don't even know how to keep bridges in good repair?
I thought how could a country that funnels billions of dollars into war not keep a bridge up??? Its ridiculous, but yet there are still people living in obscene conditions as a result of Katrina, STILL!!!! and money should not be an excuse, if you have billions to spend on war, spend some on keeping your people safe in their own country from REAL threats like strucural damage, or horrible storms. But i truly believe that the "government" does not care about there people. Actions do speak louder than words.

I have read and heard alot over the past few days about the "structurally diffecient" rating the bridge had, and when I watched CNN some man was saying that it recieved the rating in 1990 that is 17 years they have had to correct the problem....but is that really how it came down?? flat as a pancake almost....???
The more I contemplate it and the more I watch and hear eye witness accounts like the lady that was jogging under the bridge and seconds after she passed under it the bridge collasped, she said she heard "an explosive sound, like dynamite" interesting?? i am sure it would be loud but just like and explosion with dynamite? and there was ALOT of dust but almost TOO much dust for just a normal bridge collapse, not to mention it all happened in 4secs....brings you back to the Twin Towers and how they free falled....plus it just happened to be the day that there was construction nearby....and Laura Bush conveniently was scheduled to be in Minnesota 2 days after the collapse....few too many coincidences for me so far, and I am sure there are many to follow.....
What really makes me think this is a conspiracy possibly....is how George Bush refered to the area, and as a canadian i did not know they were called this....The Twin Cities....
Twin Towers
Twin Cities
I am just waiting for the "terroists" to be rounded up....they have been warning that there will be another attack and its just a matter of when.....
It will be really interesting to see how this all plays out in the media in the weeks to come...

I feel for all that were involved in this horrible event and wish them and their families well.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is possible that deliberate use of an ultra low frequency acoustic weapon may have caused the Minneapolis bridge collapse on the evening of Wednesday 1st August 2007.

Two days ago, on Thursday 2nd August, reports from Russia’s Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics in Irkutsk indicated that their Siberian Solar Radio Telescope (SSRT) detected a massive ultra low frequency (ULF) blast emanating from Latitude 45°00' North & Longitude 93°15' West at the exact moment of the Minneapolis bridge collapse.

The United States Military is known to possess such BlackOps weapons. One of the USA's primary acoustic weapon research organisations is located at Augsburg College in Minneapolis, Minnesota, less than one mile from the destroyed Interstate 35W Bridge over the Mississippi.

Source:
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
Ohh yeah...the Mall of America! Blowing that up would totally weaken our countries defenses allowing the terrorists to take us all over and impose their "muslim" rule on us! Run for the hills!

Weakining our defenses militarily is a very small part of terrorism. The real goal of terrorism is to panic the population, and let us self destruct from there. Don't kid yourself The Mall of America could be a huge target. A hit there would demoralize the entire nation and no one, anywhere would feel safe.

Having said that I want to say I don't for one second believe this was terrorism. If you have to ask and speculate you can bet it wasn't an act of terrorist. When they do hit there won't be any doubt as to what is happening. After all the point of terrorism is to terrorize. If you are not immediately terrorized than it wasn't very effective was it.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyKret
The more I contemplate it and the more I watch and hear eye witness accounts like the lady that was jogging under the bridge and seconds after she passed under it the bridge collasped, she said she heard "an explosive sound, like dynamite" interesting?? i am sure it would be loud but just like and explosion with dynamite? and there was ALOT of dust but almost TOO much dust for just a normal bridge collapse, not to mention it all happened in 4secs....

Congratulations! You drank the kool aid and are now a fully paid up member of Fox News "OMG it must be terrorism!!" club.

Your handy, free nuclear and bilogical warning pen will be dispatched to you under cover of hermetically sealed envelope within the next 48 hours. Please follow the instructions on the packaging carefully.

You are hereby advised to go out and buy 1000 square metres of Uncle Bobs "definitely terror proof" polythene (available at Wal-Mart and all good hardware stores) and 100 rolls of duct tape.

Also enclosed will be your "I'm Pro Bush nuke them terrorists/Bush is the NWO" reversible bumber sticker (got to hedge your bets!), and the Paranoid Insomiacs guide of how to spot "dem dere pesky muzlim terrorists"

We also reccomend, for your perusal, the "Nibru is coming, the goose is getting fat, get yourself ready for the Reptilian slave Mines" book by Johnny Come Lately, and Isa Nottagotairtobreathes guide to Chemtrails entitled "I saw a plane it was at 30,000ft, and it left a chemtrail, I think."

(okok...I'm overdoing it. I know this happened in the US, and I know this is ATS but, despite what crazy society may believe, sometimes accidents just happen.)

[edit on 5/0807/07 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I once built a bridge out of popsickle sticks that could support my weight......don't know where I am going with this......
If terrorists were smart they would start poisoning fast food suppliers.
I hope I didn't give them any ideas....
The Mall of America blowing up wouldn't be much of a shock to me, as I no longer find it cool or fun to hang out at any mall for that matter.
Back to the bridge. What a shock! 4 people dead! This feels like the holocaust all over again!
I apologize....I am tired and cranky.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"Congratulations! You drank the kool aid and are now a fully paid up member of Fox News "OMG it must be terrorism!!" club. " (still learing how to add in a quote the proper way)

Just wanted to clarify....when I use quotations it was an attempted at sarcasm.....

I do believe the terroists are the United States of America(the government not ALL the people)....and I was implying that the "terroists" being rounded up of course would be people plucked and used as "fake" terroists to give us all a show, and Fox news is crapp...and I do not watch it....

As for the walmart comment, I boycot walmart....
And me supporting Bush....only in my nightmares...

I am not in any fear over being attacked by terroists...in the US or Canada, the biggest threat to the world right now is the American Government and the secret societies that run it....Illuminati, or whatever you want to call the various groups that run the world and terrorize there people in order to get what they want......

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyKret

I am not in any fear over being attacked by terroists...in the US or Canada, the biggest threat to the world right now is the American Government and the secret societies that run it....Illuminati, or whatever you want to call the various groups that run the world and terrorize there people in order to get what they want......

Congratulations. You just joined the "OMG we are being controlled by the NWO!!!11" club.. Quite frankly that seems much more outlandish than terrorism to me. (Although I don't believe this collapse was terrorism)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Topsy

You'll have to excuse my British sense of humour. Its been a long day. It comes across a whole lot drier than it was meant to.

No harm meant

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Fallenfromthetree: Good point on the inspection scheduled for this bridge.

I read through this whole post looking for someone besides myself to take notice of this information.

Almost as soon as the news got out of the tradjedy the report was that the operations of recovering all the pieces and a reassembly would begin as soon as possible. That they would try to reconstruct the bridge to identify the exact cause of the failure.

This is the right thing to do. Just as they do in airline crashes and all other disastorus events like this. They treat it in a very scientific manner and collect all the data to get a real reason to the failures.

In 911 the officials were more worried about getting all the EVIDIENCE out of the country and unavaliable for inspection and examination.

Why would the bridge disater be handled in a better way as to discovering the cause of failure than the twin towers and building 7?

The bridge disaster is a sad event, and the loss of life a terrible thing, but it is no more significant than a skyrise building failure. If it is a steel issue in either of these, then that should be known, yet for 911 it is unimportant.

This action by the government just emphasises how blatent the 911 handleing of the recovery and investigation was at being inefficent and giving reason of suspision to a alternate reason for the collapse of the buildings

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Wolfpack 51]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Topsy

You'll have to excuse my British sense of humour. Its been a long day. It comes across a whole lot drier than it was meant to.

No harm meant

lol no worries....I just about keeled over with the thought of me coming off as a bush supporter, or a Fear monger...as for the NWO i think there is more to that although, alot of it is very far fetched....

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join