It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Seti@home worth doing ? What are the risk's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have just found a site for Seti@home and they offer a download to participate at home with there research for life in outer space. Sounds like something that could if anything be quite fun to participate in. My question is what are the possible risk"s of doing so and does anyone here on Ats participate in this program. here is the link to the web site setiathome.berkeley.edu...

my main concern would be the damage that it may cause to my computer. And i am not interested in comments about if it is a waist of time or pointless to do. just want to know the risk's of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I been running BOINC for several months with no effect on my PC.

Both SETI@home and World Grid Community projects.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I use to run seti@home on a daily basis and it never had any adverse effects on my computer. I warn you though, it may not be exactly what you'd call "fun" haha. Interesting, however, it is.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the imput. I should have just looked at seti forum here on ats first. it answered all my questions. So i ended up loading it last night. At the moment im only running seti project. I am still looking into the other projects. And it was no fun trying to get it to start at first. My firewalls where blocking it from connecting. And now that i know i can get all the info i need on the seti forum, Any mod who reads this post can you please close it .

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join