It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1980 Miracle on Ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
not sure how many hockey fans are here but i figured id post a nice nostalgic vid of one of the greatest, if not the greatest, moments in u.s. sports history

[edit on 1-8-2007 by radioactive_liquid]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

I love that video! A great day in U.S. Sports.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Great moment in U.S. sports history?

Try one of the greatest moments in all of sports history. There are few moments that are capable of transcending time. This, is one of them. To take a group of young kids, who played with their heart on the end of their sleeve, and go up against the mighty Russians, that's just remarkable. This moment will be forever in our minds thanks to the amazing movie "Miracle", and the efforts of Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks.

This is something that any kid, any sports fan, anywhere, can sit down and shed a tear to.

I'm not even American, but I was fighting the tears back when I watched the movie on this. Am too young to of been able to watch this one live, so for my generation, the movie is what brings the story into our lives.

And it does it justice.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i agree, i try to explain to my non-hockey fan friends and family how huge that game was and all the political stuff surrounding it. the soviet red army to this day is probably the best team that ever played, they used to absolutely crush most of the teams they played and for those kids to beat them was a true david vs. goliath feat. i never get tired of hearing the al michaels call in the last seconds.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well said, chissler. Every time I see that game it gives me goosebumps.
That game was just so much bigger than hockey and yet those kids just wanted to play and weren't concerned about anything other than the game and each other.

I really wish sports could have more of those moments.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm not a big sports fan.

Especially not Hockey.

And I've got a lot of problems with the way the US is, and was run, especially in 1980.

However, I'll be damned if that ain't one of the greatest things I've seen in a long time.

top topics

join