It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Terrifying Creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this strange creature in Brazil? It says it is an isopod (whatever that is). Very creepy looking, what are your thoughts? Real or hoax?

www.cryptomundo.com...

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
some wiki on giant isopods

en.wikipedia.org...

I let my kids dig up small ones when we go to the beach. they're excellent sand bed cleaners for the fish tank at home.

the big ones are downright frightening.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Isopods are one of the most diverse orders of crustaceans, with many species living in all environments, but are most common in shallow marine waters.

Giant Isopod
That is what your looking at.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanx for identifying that folks.I WONT be having sea food tonight after all!lol!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Jesus that's one freaky looking animal

I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. One thing's for sure if that thing came crawling next to me I would scream like a little girl and take off running.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this thing looks like a huge sand crab

is it a sand crab? if so can it burrow in wet mud and move around in it like the smaller sand crabs? if it does.. freaky.. imagine digging for sand crabs at the beach and seeing one that size scurry into the mud..

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, what a size! I have millions of the teeny ones in my garden under every leaf and stone but I never knew you could get them as big as that. I wonder if there were prehistoric ones even bigger? Yeuch!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow nasty! There are so many animals that I don't even know about. I bet there are so many other freaky looking animals like those.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ME AND MY FREND AGREE THAT IT LOOKS KINDA MECHANICAL POSSIBLY REAL THOUGH

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
LOOKS LIKE A GIANT ARTHORAPOD. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE THAT SWIMMING WITH ME

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
mythLUVER, please check your U2U's. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Jesus that's one freaky looking animal

I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. One thing's for sure if that thing came crawling next to me I would scream like a little girl and take off running.

egads!

I think I would be right behind you! that thing is terrifying!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Wow, what a size! I have millions of the teeny ones in my garden under every leaf and stone but I never knew you could get them as big as that. I wonder if there were prehistoric ones even bigger? Yeuch!

Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. It's a giant aquatic rolly polly!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Omg these things are creepy...but are they roly-polies..cause we have literally thousands of these in our garden

but i had to show this one i found at the university of johanisburg website

AAAAAHHHHHH
apparently these guys nibble off the fishes tongue and attach themselves to the floor of the fishes mouth..

i want to know where sigourney weaver is in that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 16-8-2007 by gluetrap]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
Omg these things are creepy...but are they roly-polies..cause we have literally thousands of these in our garden

but i had to show this one i found at the university of johanisburg website

AAAAAHHHHHH
apparently these guys nibble off the fishes tongue and attach themselves to the floor of the fishes mouth..

i want to know where sigourney weaver is in that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!
[edit on 16-8-2007 by gluetrap]

aww, personally i think theyre cute, just kidding, that link was just nasty, that one even looks like its grinning for the camera

top topics

join