It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pictures of unusual up close light phenomena.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here are some pictures that I took in 2005 at about 3am on a street after looking for what could have been a UFO.
A car was unusually stopped on the road when I was driving down the road and the more I entered the area the more I felt this very erie feeling. So, I felt something strange was going on so I then stopped the car and started to take pictures. I had one of those binocular cameras and tried to see the car before taking pictures, but when looking through the binoculars, I could not see the car only the car's lights. I couldn't have been more than 150 feet away from the so called "car" when I took all the pictures before getting too freaked out and driving back the other way. I kept a close eye on those "car lights" while I drove back up the road which is also up hill. So as I drove back, out of my rear view mirror I saw the car lights disappear(either that or they turned off after stopping on the road?!??).
The unusual light phenomena started to really happen between pictures 46 and 49. These pictures were taken back to back with only a couple seconds in between. I was extremely nervous with hands shaking after the lights started to do weird things at picture 47 so picture 48 was a little shaken as I tried to hold the camera again against the steering wheel just to get a still image.

server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...
server6.pictiger.com...

Most of the lights was a street light phenomena, but some of the other lights I have no idea.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Doesn't anybody want to voice their opinion about this event?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm no expert on photography, but I use to obtain similar effects with my canon rebel G (film, not digital) at night while taking pictures down my road that had streetlights similar to these. It was nothing more than tricks of the light often caused by humidity or previous rainfall.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
I'm no expert on photography, but I use to obtain similar effects with my canon rebel G (film, not digital) at night while taking pictures down my road that had streetlights similar to these. It was nothing more than tricks of the light often caused by humidity or previous rainfall.

Jasn

Tricks of the light?
I was there watching the lights change right in front of me. The lights most definitely changed on one side and then turned off while the other side turned on.
I've been here at ATS for a while, but I haven't shown these pictures here until now. I'm surprised that it didn't get more responses as this is more interesting to review than a lot of faded ghost pictures.
You can see these pictures better when using computer enhancements to lighten the dark background up.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
well, yea tricks of the light.

I wasn't there with you so I don't know what you saw hahaha. But I do know that on a very humid night or shortly after it has rained car headlights combined with streetlights can cause this effect. And yes, the also appear to move around.

This usually happens when you have car a being in front of you (as here in this photo), the streetlights positioned as they are in this photo and another car with headlights on coming toward you and possibly over a hill.

Not saying anything one way or the other. I def. believe in otherwordly phenomena....I was just trying to provide a simple solution.

Who knows?
Jasn

Oh yea and if you don't have a killer header sometimes your topics get overlooked.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I did some levels correction in PS and IMHO, these are reflections of lights of cars (traveling behind your car) on your windshield. You can see some part of the car here.
Anyway they are uninteresting, because, well...there is nothing much to see.
(the tiny blue dots are dead pixels on your cam, they stay exactly on the same position)

[edit on 3/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
RSB, the light enhanced pictures in the last post are easier to see, but they are out of order. I have them in the exact order in which they were taken in the first post.

I see that you also may be trying to rule out that these are even street lights in the first place. But, I tell you that I was there. You can even compare distance with other things like a street sign and the road. They were right where the street light poles are. At first, I thought they were UFOs appearing themselves, then I realized they were just street lights. But, what was going on was like a POLTERGEIST phenomena and it still freaked me out.

If just a couple street lights acted funny, then maybe there was nothing to this. But in this case, it appeared that ALL the street lights were doing strange things at the same time.

Also, I did check my watch after my encounter and I did not experience any missing time. All these pictures were taken back to back and all were taken under 1 minute's time.

I hope more people will come forward to reveal there testimonies about any similiar experiences.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
If just a couple street lights acted funny, then maybe there was nothing to this. But in this case, it appeared that ALL the street lights were doing strange things at the same time.

So, are you saying that only the street lights were acting funny and you didn't acutally see a UFO ?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

So, are you saying that only the street lights were acting funny and you didn't acutally see a UFO ?

I couldn't say that there was a UFO in the area, but I've heard that they can take the form of cars and have read about such cases. One case that I have read was about some person chasing after the "Men in Black" and the car disappeared. If the car was a UFO, then they were probably messing with me by munipulating the lights.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I plan to go UFO hunting again tonight with my video camera so I hope to catch something like this again, but on video.

I believe if you feel very scared, you invite stuff like this to appear or maybe you even create it yourself!
If I have turned the street lights on and off with my belief and fear, then I believe I'm a VERY POWERFUL ENTITY.

I'm currently very couragous and unmoved by rare phenomena, but as I go UFO hunting, I will focus hard on believing and being afraid. Perhaps, I will be able to proove that this can work.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That bright light that just appears next to the "car(UFO)" in picture 47(7th picture down) APPEARED ON THE ROAD! That is what freaked me out the most. I knew the 2 lights staying on the road could have been a car, the lights appearing like street lights could have been just that, but that bright light appearing out of no where on my side of the road definitely was not a car, street light, or reflection.

I know some people may think these back to back pictures may not mean much as far as proof, but if it was a video, it would really show this event as one of the very best scary UFO footages ever. Looking at these generic pictures is nothing compared to actually being there and seeing it in high definition/reality. I have 20/20 vision and I know what I saw.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
I did some levels correction in PS and IMHO, these are reflections of lights of cars (traveling behind your car) on your windshield. You can see some part of the car here.
[edit on 3/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

There wasn't any cars traveling behind me. I had to check for that I wasn't blocking traffic as I was stopped on the road. You can clearly see the lights shine beams of light on the road. That includes the lights on the road too as they shine their bright lights off of the road.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Doesn't anybody want to voice their opinion about this event?

i will, but you wont like it! You are trying to pass this off like something was going on with the lights, And you make reference to the georgia sign in the bottom right corner. It is odvious you took these pictures from different angles. A normal camera couldnt have been so easy to do this with, But you admitted you was using binocular camera to take the pictures. I have a pair of binocular camera also and i make these same affects as you did. You can even see where you moved farther back to get the shots of the street lights. Why dont you go back to the same spot during the day and take pictures at the same angle, Then post them so everyone can reference what you are shooting at. I hope you can prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i dont see how those lights can be a reflection of any cars behind him as he said that he put his binocular camera above his steering wheel so his body would be in the way of any reflections behind him
im not saying there where any cars behind you as you said there where not any
i do believe that those lights are a bit unusual i would be a bit creeped out too if i saw lights flying around a car.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Why dont you go back to the same spot during the day and take pictures at the same angle, Then post them so everyone can reference what you are shooting at. I hope you can prove me wrong.

I plan to. I already went back there late at night and tried to be extremely scared. I video taped the same area but nothing happened and all the lights were on and didn't even fade at all. So, it wasn't me doing it out of my fear and mind power. Next time, I will take my 9MP camera there and post the pictures.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, now after looking over these pictures i see something i didnt see before. Let me first say that this is just my opinion and the only way i can be sure is when you post the daytime photos. Please be sure to also take pictures behind you also because what i see is that you took every other picture the opposite direction. So i want to see if this spot you where at is the low point between two hills. I personally dont buy it. Just my opinion.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by russ1969]
Rocksolidbrain, It was the order of your pictures that let me see how this was done. That may be why he pointed out that you had them in the wrong order. But also the green sign on the right is in different places on all the photos. and the big sign on the left is only in one photo. Do you see what i am talking about? It is highly suspicious to me and would hope these photos where not taken this way just to produce a hoax.just ,my opinion as i have stated.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by russ1969]

new topics

top topics

join