It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you NOT believe in God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothling
These threads really are quite pointless and no real resolution is ever going to be made.

The fact of the matter is that there is no clear, absolute, defining evidence for the existence for a God, and there is non to disprove it's existence either. All threads like this eventually create is a painful back-and-forth of believers and non believers, aimlessly calling their opinion when niether side will change their minds.

When it comes to things like the existence of God, I think it best to just leave the topic alone, and leave each to their own.

He is right. No resolution will be made from this debate, until someone finds evidence that all will accept.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why is this in Paranormal?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Why is this in Paranormal?

Doesn't the paranormal involve things you can't communicate with in a two-way conversation, or legitimately prove exists?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
im sorry, but you sound like a moron.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
im talking to the first post guy, not the guy above me

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i just had a quick question is it possible that there could be a god and evolution, or does evolution mean there is no god. i dont know much about evolution this might be a stupid question. what im trying to say is would evolution prove there is no god.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
i just had a quick question is it possible that there could be a god and evolution, or does evolution mean there is no god. i dont know much about evolution this might be a stupid question. what im trying to say is would evolution prove there is no god.

No, evolution does not prove or disprove anything about God, per se. It only shows that some folks are in error when they interpret the Judeo-Christian-Islamic scriptures too literally.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Haha Easy, go to Catholic school

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
With all that has happened in human history i can not believe in a god being. If there was such a being ever in existence he would not just sit back and let what happens happen. Not just that but the facts do not add up for a being to exist. This being said i believe in reincarnation i just can't find the idea of god to be anything more then a humans rational feelings on dealing with death i know its helped me in the past.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
OP,I believe in God / Jesus /Holy Spirit ..what aggravates me is man made religion,what men or how they twist God's message/s by putting fear into man by using God thus distancing a lot even further away from Him.

How many different types of view is there in Christianity and every side believe their way is the road to God ...More than 3000 Christian denominations now exist, different churches/beliefs in Christianity itself ..now we all pray to the same God and His Son,The Holy Spirit ..but disagree on so many points.I can see why a non believer would be confused if they read up on Christianity.

Organized Religion ,man made is of the flesh ,idea of man ..or the way man changes God's message for their benefit...or the views of flesh is translated as the views of God ..if everyone knew it is all how man changed God's word/message it would take God out of being blamed.

God gave us freewill & only with faith will we persevere ..if people come to us (those who believe in God) for help/questions we provide where possible ,but if we start to thump on people we can push them away from God ,God don't thump Himself,He knows Who He Is / Was / Will Be ..Jesus was our last ticket.

From Jesus' departure that is where man took over and twisted / changed all to their view ..did their thing and will do so until Jesus comes again ..it is clear in the Bible no matter how men tried to hide books/prophecies from us ,God's message will always come through if we have faith ,we will read something that will make sense at the time,even if we don't have it all.We all get our time ,some of us believe from early age some only on death bed,all that us Christians must do is be quiet and don't shout out from street corners & help out if asked.

I understand you standing up for God and appreciate you standing up for God for us,and if God gets attacked i usually get upset ,but a thread like this will lead to more attacks.There are so so many threads in ATS where you'd be shocked as to how many do believe in God,it pops up in threads where you'd never expect it ..just keep an open eye.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
God in my thoughts is a man made thing something to look to when we fear an explanation for the unknown in this world which is why i think that jesus was nothing more then a cult leader and even though if his original preachings were good and still ring significance today people take the topic of religion way farther then it needs to go.

The bible has been changed so much i don't even think it still holds to the original principle how can you remove stuff which is horrendous and just keep what you want everything has meaning and if it was that important nothing would have been changed. So much of the other religions are just new age bull# that i don't see how any of it is good. I guess if it keeps people sane it does have one good usage.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bruceleeroy2

i did go to catholic school and they didnt tell me anything but lies

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
The universe needs no creator, it has always existed.

no it hasn't. alot happened before this universe. multiple universes, multiple out breaths of consciousness, an eternity stacked on a pile of eternities and all before this universe was created

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why do I not believe in God? Why do I need to?

The only reason I have even attempted to believe in "God" is to make my mother happy. She has attended church her entire life and it's her crutch when life drags her down. I don't need a crutch. When life kicks me down, I just stand back up. The only person I can blame for my misfortunes is me. I don't need "God" to tell me that. I don't need "Him" to perform a miracle for me.

It was asked "Can I prove that God doesn't exist?" Of course not, nor can you prove that "He" does. You are more than welcome to believe anything you like, all I ask is that I am respected for my views, no matter how you feel about them. They are mine and I don't ask anyone to believe them other than myself.

"God" as religion I feel is merely a tool we use to make ourselves feel that we are striving towards something other than death. Of course, we are as a whole trying to better mankind, but there's still that selfish part of ourselves that screams "me, me, me." Hence, heaven and hell. If we stay the rightous path we will spend eternity in a wonderful place, however if we aren't so good, we will burn in eternal agony.

I feel religion is a necessity. Although I am not a follower, it does help to give a common ground. If only that common ground wasn't so divided between the different religions. If only every religion wasn't so concerned about being the right one. So many people have died over religion through the years. Maybe that helped ruin the whole "God" thing for me. If there were an omnipotent being, or even an alien race, that was leading us from afar, why would they allow so much death to come from arguing about the existence of themselves? Why wouldn't they just come down and say, "Hey, look. Quit it. This is the right way." Instead we have hundreds of religions all saying that they are right. Bah. None of them are right. All your holy books and scriptures are nothing but parables and stories to guide you towards an honest, moral life. I don't need to believe in "God" to live a fair and honest life.

Not to say I don't believe in the power of prayer. Enough positive energies and good will combined can't have a negative outcome. Positive thinking and hope can go a long way. I don't think that constitutes a miracle.

Religion today isn't what it started as. It's nothing but large corporations in it for greed, money and power. Controlling people to do their will and using hell to scare them. Money, money, money. "Why does the preacher man need a new house? Why does the preacher man need a new car? I say don't ask no questions."

As far as our creation, why does it matter so much? We're here, isn't that enough? I think our scientists should be more concerned about tomorrow than whether we evolved or came about through some "higher" intervention.

Some people are able to live happy productive lives without worry of an afterlife. I personally lean more towards reincarnation. I do believe in souls. They are the essence of what makes you, you. I don't believe they float off to some heavenly place, rather they stick around trying to come back. That would make an excellent argument for hauntings and ghosts.

I have yet to hear any reason I should actually believe in "God". Until I do, I'll just keep living the best life I know how.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nostradamouse

easy i dont believe theyres a higher being its that simple

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MajorMalfunction

The universe needs no creator, it has always existed.

Not according to science. Accoding to science Our universe is about 13.799 billion years old. So according to them it has not always existed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nostradamouse

it's far more likely that God exists.
Because of the handy work that is obvious thru out creation.
Responsibility is redundant and vastly intricate.
Trying to attach random chance to any of it is like
trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The only 'being' there is is this that IS. This is being everything right now.
God is what is happening - that's why he will never be found! One because there is nothing other and two because there is nothing separate from him - God is what there is.
The one who believes in him or disbelieves in him is make believe!

Right here and right now is the image of God - what else is there?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I believe in God/higher being and evolution.

Why evolution you ask, for me that would be one of Gods best tactics, he must be a busy man so he'd go to another world start life and move on, let that life decide what form it would take and in doing so give it a soul when it reaches a certain stage.

Or since he knows everything and is everything, he'd start a universe like ours and with billions of years let life naturally evolve into whatever form that planet can from its atmosphere, on ours happen to be human life, doesn't necessarily mean that would happen on another planet and so on etc.
edit on 23-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lortl

Why are you bumping old threads?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join