It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think about this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What does anyone think about the way our freedoms are being systematically taken away, everyday it seems like we lose the right to do something we had the day before. The NWO or whatever you wish to call it has been busily at work trying to find ways to limit our freedoms. We vote at the polls, that dont change anything, we protest in the streets and march on the Capitol, that dont work, we discuss it and dissect it in the chatrooms and conspiracy sites, and that dont bring about the change. Does anyone have the answers to make sure that the Constitution will remain and continue to give us our rights or is it gone, never to be no more? Talk and discussion seems to do nothing, where are the answers, does anyone have them or are we destined to just sit back and allow the powers that be to have their way? I might just be rambling but these are just the thoughts that run through my mind as I see our freedoms disintegrate day by day and wonder where it will all end up.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
these are just the thoughts that run through my mind as I see our freedoms disintegrate day by day and wonder where it will all end up.

Civil war

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Those are the same thoughts that I often have on my mind. I really feel that before 2004 is over, another "terrorist" attack will happen, and the Constitution will be suspended for at least six months as a result of it.

Originally posted by ThePook
Civil war

Civil war is always a possibility. I don't want to lend any sort of credibility to Titor in any way at all, but Civil war is one of those things that I've seen in my dreams for quite some time now.

I hope that something less drastic than a civil war will be used.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well first of all, all that's just what the small minority knows. The majority loves the government, and believes the American ideals are still firmly in place. Not everyone reads conspiracy theory websites, ya know!

Then, even if the majority started questioning everything, that simply means questioning. You can parade all day and it won't change jack #. The government knows how to lie, and to get away with it. And if caught in the lie, they know how to cover for it.

Example: Bush caught in lying about WMD's. So? That changed nothing. Bush actually said that himself now didn't he? He said it really doesn't matter if we find WMD's anymore. Saddam is evil and he had to go.

What if I think Bush is evil and he has to go? Who's going to grab a pitchfork and take Bush out with the rest of his 4th Reich? Well, good question. At this point, only massive amounts of evidence, a huge uprising, and billions of dollars can probably change things around. PROBABLY, because our government most likely has a plan 'B' in case this one doesn't work. Revolution might be the only thing possible at this point. But even so, they will just stop crowds with gasses and other crowd control mechanisms.

Revolution a few hundred years ago was easier, the government posessed no really advanced weapons to stop huge numbers of people in their tracks in an instant. You never know what the cronies in the white house will do if they have to resort to their plan 'B'.

World War III seems inevitable. Consider the fact that America has bases in like 200+ countries with thousands of soldiers in each base. We basically own the world. And the world is getting very upset with us. This might get bloody over the next few years. In fact, it will. "It is inevitable" as agent Smith would say.

What do we do? Suggest stock up on survival supplies if plan to survive. Also, if you wanna fight back, buy a few guns and tons of ammo. The next war will not be fought by mere armies, it will be fought by everyone, everywhere. Those who will not fight, will most likely die. Unless they have a really great hiding place.

What's coming up will be the final "struggle" in this cycle. But hey, did you think that the relative stability of the world after WWII was going to be permanent (even if it was shaky at best)? Nah, we got nukes, and we're itching to use'em. So does everyone else who has'em. It won't be long now, just watch the news!

I suggest have fun while you can, go out, get laid, play videogames, watch movies, take cruiselines, WHATEVER you want to do to enjoy life. During the next conflict it'll all be impossible. Except maybe for the getting laid part, if you're really sneaky about it.

I, personally, won't fight. I'm not planning to stay around on Earth for too long. This was a very temporary mission for me. Will leave soon, have things to do, other missions to complete. But all you humans do as you wish.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I dont know kaozero, I think that if the Constituition is ever suspended we may never see it again. As for Civil War. I dont know if it will happen again, the government I feel is so much stronger than in the days of the first Civil War, although I really cant say, but all points to another Civil War. I mean thats what happened the first time the states did not like what the government was wanting them to do and they rebelled, actually maybe thats what we need, but it would not be the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm also confident that when the Constitution gets suspended, we won't see it again, at least not in our lifetimes. If a civil war breaks out, the rebellion will most likely be annihilated by the government forces, provided they can pull them out of 170 different countries and get them here quick enough to fight.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I dont know if it will be Civil War or more like some type of choatic revolution, more inclined to go with revolution due to the fact that most of the states seem dependent on the government for the money they get for implementing whatever laws and programs the government wants passed.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Actually, one of the things that's starting to scare me the most right now are all these "Love it or Leave it" patriots, who think that it is an absolute act of treason to speak out against the government in any way. I think that if a bunch of these people get together, it could prove pretty dangerous.

I also wonder if these people realize that this country was built on dissent and people having the right to try to change things in the government when they think the gov't is doing a bad job.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Real treason is the failure to question the government and its actions and policies. Treason is conformity at its highest level. Treason is being ignorant of what your country is doing, who it's doing it to, and for what reason. That's treason. Because in doing all those things, you fail to support your country's stability and credibility in the world. By doing all those things you allow your country to descend into chaos and disorder, and allow the freedoms this country ideally stands for to be cut away from you and EVERYONE else. That's treason. Is it not?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I guess that I just am rebellious at heart but hell, how else can a person feel when subjected to the madness that seems to surround us, I would much rather just live peacefully somewhere, where I did not have to worry about my freedom to do as I please, but that is just not to be in this day and age where everyone seems to have gone power crazy, I mean I am ready if it comes to that, thats a given but is there no other way out?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Real treason is the failure to question the government and its actions and policies. Treason is conformity at its highest level. Treason is being ignorant of what your country is doing, who it's doing it to, and for what reason. That's treason. Because in doing all those things, you fail to support your country's stability and credibility in the world. By doing all those things you allow your country to descend into chaos and disorder, and allow the freedoms this country ideally stands for to be cut away from you and EVERYONE else. That's treason. Is it not?

I concur. In a Representative type of government, like the US, it is the duty of the citizens to express their views on important matters to the congressmen and senators, even if their view conflicts with what the government is currently doing, to make sure that the central government acts in the best interest of the citizens. Unfortunately, especially in my area, any type of protesting is often met with 48 rednecks beating bible verses and imaginary Ammendments into your ass.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Agreed libam, however how many people are actually challenging the government, thats my whole point, no one is doing it in any kind of meaningful way. So that will not be the answer to this situation because the people are so enthralled by what the media pumps into them and dont see the truth. And Kaozero, you must live in the south like me, as I go through he same thing you described, come on man support the red white and blue, day in day I hear that. i fought for it once , but never again!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I am disappointed with my generation's lack of resolve to fight the power. We're all too busy playing video games and masterbating to care that our rights are dissolving away. We're all chatting about these atrocities online, but what are we DOING about it? We should encourage and organize not only protests but public information for those who don't think like we do. Who cares if others think we're the crazies with our conspiracy theories, there is power in numbers.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm a bit north of the south, I'm in Iowa, but I live about an hour and a half from the Missourri border, so we get some real "patriots" here, you know?

mamaship--
I have organized protests and tried to organize distribution of information to the public, but the police shut us down for handing out "anti-government materials" and me and my guys almost all ended up in jail. We're still trying to spread the word though.

If other people here want to band together and start some sort of information campaign, I'm in.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I salute you mamaship, but informing people just dont work anymore, we no longer live in the sixties where people stood up and took action against the atrocities, its like its a whole new game this time around and the powers above are much more dug into their bunkers. Yep constantly chatting and talkin about the problems online and nothin ever comes of it!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Your better than me kaozero, Im in South Carolina, so you can imagine the difference! You badmouth the Prez down here and they are ready to take you to the swamp! Jokin, its not that bad, dependin on where you are at.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am not saying that the space aliens will save us, but their presence might upset the NWO, and give us a chance to resist. I feel that disclosure is VERY close....like in the summer.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hmm this talk on Civil War got me thinking about ole John Titor, the time traveler. He said that in 2005 there was supposed to be a Civil War!!!!

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Dusty]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
I'm a bit north of the south, I'm in Iowa, but I live about an hour and a half from the Missourri border, so we get some real "patriots" here, you know?

mamaship--
I have organized protests and tried to organize distribution of information to the public, but the police shut us down for handing out "anti-government materials" and me and my guys almost all ended up in jail. We're still trying to spread the word though.

If other people here want to band together and start some sort of information campaign, I'm in.

Kudos to you. I'm in Vegas...I'd just blend into the background of "crazies".

Maybe we should have a Million Alien March on Washington!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just read in this mornings news, the Supreme Court has now ruled that it is okay for the Police to use Roadblocks and Checkpoints to hunt for criminals, I mean its like everyday we lose more of our freedom.

apnews.excite.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join