It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sabre-rattles Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Barack Obama warns that Pakistan should step up it's efforts to rid it's borders of Al Qaeda before the United States Has to.

BBC News Article

US presidential candidate Barack Obama has said he would order military action against al-Qaeda in Pakistan without the consent of Pakistan's government.

Mr. Obama made the comments in a speech outlining his foreign policy positions.

Pakistan's foreign ministry said any threat to act against al-Qaeda from within its territory should not be used for political point scoring.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Is it ever too early for Presidential candidates to start making threats to foreign countries?

I do agree that Pakistan should have done more to help flush Al Qaeda from their borders, but I think Mr. Obama may have overstepped his bounds on this point. There are many in America that are fed up with the current foreign policy of this country.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Perhaps he is pretty much another agent of the NWO. Or perhaps he realized how much Al Qaeda is a threat to America after all when criticizing the current President in its policies dealing with terrorism.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 2-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He's probably just trying to toughen his image.

Even the girl Hillary makes him look like a sissy!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
who was it that said "The job of the American Government should NOT be to police the world"?

oh yea

RON PAUL IN 2008!!!!!!!

jasn

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
God don't these people ever change the record? I'm not sure the American people want or need a tough talking leader. If the American people have got any sense, they will have learned the mistake of electing Bush, and vote somebody anti war...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Obama is an interesting person. He voted against the war but he is a democrat that has apparently and finally grow a pair of *****. If not today, in the next couple of days; he will make another statement clarifying his position stating what he said and meant is not what you think it was. It will be the anti-war democratic crap of the main line party of surrender politics, done to appease the party.

He just wanted to make himself look different from a pack of look alike, think alike democrats. He has succeeded in putting his name above the others in the media so now he will have a spike in the polls. This means more money for his champaign.

It's too early too see a decent candidate. ALL candidates of both parties are still working on their talking points trying to figure out what we want to hear so we will vote for them. So far the politics have been a yawn.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ron Paul has been set in his political views since he started his career. I don't see any flip flopping on his part. You may want to take a look at what he stands for. He can use all the support he can get. He's not a crooked millionaire that can afford to run a Presidential campaign like Ghoolinani or that actor Thomas. I'm a life-long democrat that quickly changed my mind on candidates after the Anesty Bill was voted on. People in Washinton are in a total disconnect with America's wants and needs.

new topics

top topics

join