It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI to recruit 15,000 informants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
EVERYBODY on this board needs to take notice of this.

And for those of you who say "if ya don't have anything to hide, then you have nothing to worry about", well, you need to start worrying.

It's your word against their "offical government informant" status, and guess who comes up on the loosing end of the stick?

Have a neighbor who doesn't like the sound of gunfire coming from your property? Better hope they're not an informant.

Have a disagreement with someone on a discussion board like this? Hope they're not an informant.

Disagree with the "liberal/conservative" teacher at your kid's school? Hope they're not an informant.

Privacy takes another hit with return of Junior G-men.

J. Edgar Hoover is grinning in his grave.

As reported by ABC's Brian Ross, the FBI has adopted a plan to recruit 15,000 covert informants in the United States to help keep America safe from terrorists, criminals, pickpockets, litterbugs, jaywalkers, people who cheat on eye exams and other public menaces.

www.baltimoresun.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The list of reasons why they recruited people is rediculous! Why don't these communist bastards actually hire trained personel to back the FBI rather then the average Joe? They somehow think satellites, government technology, and a worldwide arms treaty is less effective then what bobby joe heard from his brother's girlfriend? This country sucks all of a sudden. Liberal for president.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Have a neighbor who doesn't like the sound of gunfire coming from your property? Better hope they're not an informant.

Do you know in the real world, you do not need to tell the truth, for informants to get people in trouble. They just need to make it all up.

How anyone can say the usa is free anymore, is beyond me, but until stuff happens to them, they never wake up. |People always think it will happen to someone else.

If you want a dem for president, they will make government powers bigger, will they not.

[edit on 8/1/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Awesome, where do I sign up

I'll tell everything I see and hear.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hate rats. In the mafia, rats are usually killed. Not a bad idea. Some people just don't have any honor. This is just one step closer to an all out police state.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i wouldnt be so quick to jump on board one of my homies got snitched on by a informant and the informant was found the next week laying outside of town in a ditch with three other ppl they thought were the informant....they got arrested too but u can get out of jail bullet wounds are a little harder to shake off....but this doesnt surprise me the numbers a little big but think nation wide that still isnt that much but plus the informants they already have does make quite a few but theyve already got informants evrywhere and i mean EVERYWHERe i just fopund out two weeks ago that my best friend onions's cousin LJ((dont get caught up in the hood homie sorry just hate to even say his name)) is a proffesional snitch...imean....informant

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
if they want to pay me to watch the beach for concealed weapons in bikinis ... or at the malls for junk in the trunk ... I am willing to travel around and keep my eyes open and let them know of truly suspicious behavior.

Joking aside, I think people like us here at ATS, should be opting and jumping at the chance ... this is something that involves the people, and who better than us responsible people who will truly be looking for those who plan to instill fear and terror on our fellow citizens. Now ... hopefully they screen out he racists and bigots, which there are a few floating around here ... but ... imagine dropping the dime on a real corruption or criminal act ...

I know, too idealistic. The program most likely won't work in such a pure way. I tried to be positive for a moment.

new topics

top topics

join