It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad Night Patrol Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
For those of you who may be interested, Michael J. Totten has a blog where he talks about night-time patrols with the U.S. forces in Baghdad. This is great journalism and I think it gives you a good feel for what's going on over there right now at least in some parts of Iraq.

Here's some incentive to take the jump to Michael Totten's Middle East Journal.

“We’re being followed,” said Sergeant Fisher.

Eddy, the rest of the soldiers, and I turned around.

“Four of ‘em,” Eddy said.

I couldn’t see anyone but the soldiers standing right next to me without night vision goggles.

“Where are they?” I said.

“In the shadows two blocks behind us,” Eddy said. “There weren’t there a minute ago.”

Curfew enforcement in Tunis was total. In some areas of Baghdad only military aged males driving cars are stopped by Army patrols after 10:00 p.m. But Tunis is infested with a militia. No one is allowed on the streets after dark except licensed generator repairmen.

We kept walking. Half the soldiers walked backwards so they could keep an eye on the men following us.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hmm...these soldiers dont seem like the heavy handed evils monsters as portrayed by the sickening anti-americans here at ats.Great read dbates!Its too bad some people are so blind that they cant tell the difference between good and evil forces.

new topics

join