It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osama say this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Edit - DB, 4 posts in 11 mins?? ever heard of the edit button

Just responding to Thichheaded's two posts. Shrugs*

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Can we really trust what anybody says in audio anymore? Doesn't matter which side it supports, can we really trust it?

Technology does exist where you can take a sample of somebody's voice and make it sound as if they said what ever you want them to say. You could make Ahmadinejad say he loves Israel, and the Pope say he's atheist. Anything you want, just as long as you have a sample of their voice.

I wouldn't trust anything anymore that isn't on video where you can actually see them talking, and if it's in another language, if you have your own translator.

Sounds like a hell of alot of work to just believe a simple audio as legit, but that's the reality of what technology can do.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i just found a video on youtube of bin laden aparently taking credit, but i really didnt know what to think of it. i made a post of my own about it not so long ago. have a look at the video.

mobear

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of people saying "The Jews" as if all Jews in the entire world work in some sinister cabal all towards one goal.

I guarantee you that is not so.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter if our own government or muslim fanatics orchestrated 911. The goal is achieved: Fear & Hatred. As far as I am concerned there is no difference between hating/fearing terrorists or hating/fearing the government. Its both hate/fear. And hate/fear ultimately leads down darker paths.

And honestly, I am getting sick everyone looking for someone to blame. Instead, why not just love jews, muslims, americans, the government and anyone else, forgive everything they ever commited and get on with contributing to building a better world rather than looking for someone to hate.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingAnd honestly, I am getting sick everyone looking for someone to blame. Instead, why not just love jews, muslims, americans, the government and anyone else, forgive everything they ever commited and get on with contributing to building a better world rather than looking for someone to hate.

I agree completely but I never say anything like this because then simply I'd be guilty of hypocrisy. =/

I'm guilty of hating the haters back and when really angry I overgeneralize.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
well, theres nothing wrong with the ocassional outburst of red hot burning rage at the stupidity of the little kids (which some people intellectually are). But some seem to have made "looking for someone to hate/fear" to a general way of life.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Don't know the formatting, but there you go......

adamcurtistrap.blogspot.com...

they think the only way to stop us killing everyone is self interest and hatred.

P.S. If you are going to watch them, it's probably best watch part III first, then one and two........ It will give you the point before it (intriguingly) rambles towards it.

[EDIT] P.P.S. This stuff has been shown on the BBC.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by redled]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello ATS dudes! This is my first ever post or reply whatever you call it, i have been following ATS for about 6 month or so now.

To anyone wanting to know the truth about 9/11 there are thousands of sites out there, but one if not the best is Info Wars I don't want to sound like an Alex Jones "promoter" on my first post but his site really does clear up alot of things surrounding 9/11.

Personally i don't believe Osama had anything to do with 9/11, there are official documents stating that the Afghan/Iraqi (can't remember which) knew where Osama was and could easily capture him and hand him over to the American goverment but Bush replied "You Will Do No Such Thing!"

There are also reports that the FBI had Osama in a luxury hotel areound the time of 9/11!

I definatly think 9/11 was an "inside job", there are even documents going back to the time of Kenedy saying that they wanted to pull a "False Flag" operation, and the Twin Towers were mentioned as a place of "False Terrorism"

Anyway, look it up for yourself and come up with your own opinion based on the FACTS.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Neomax]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
the only video i've seen so far of osama taking credit, is not really saying that he planned it or so on....

the gist of what he says, which i'm doing off the top of my head, but i do know it was the video released in '04 says: we did what we did in manhattan because blah blah blah...something something manhattan is why blah blah......
i just remember he never said the world trade centers just manhattan and that security is in our own hands....

p.s. found a transcript...i cut clips that are interesting...but none of it says that on sep 11 2001 people that i planned for planes to crash into the wtc the pentagon and the ground...he says those events...those people...doesnt mention specifics....

...like the souls of those 19. May the mercy of God be upon them. ...

....Bush is still exercising confusion and misleading you and not telling you the true reason.....

...about the reason for those events,...

...that we deal with the towers...

We agreed with the leader of the group, Mohammed Atta, to perform all attacks within 20 minutes before [President George W.] Bush and his administration were aware of what was going on. And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent need of their leader

that last part is the most specific quote that i have heard from the OBL....

[edit on 2-8-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

edited for grammar and the link!

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 2-8-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
lets not forget the confession tape....but that man was darker and chubbier than OBL oh and hes wearing a ring?? which is prohibbited by islamic law you think so many muslim ppl would follow him if he broke islamic law thatd be like me trying to start a radical fundamentalist christian terror group with a shirt that said **** tha police

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If you've seen any of the videos out there, you will know that the first official release of the Bin Laden tape where he said he didn't do it, was paired with a picture of him. Ever since then, the man we see in all the Bin Laden videos since then is a different person. So which is the real Bin Laden, the first one, or the one we know now? Was the first Bin Laden a stooge? The two people look nothing alike. I am trying to find individual pictures to post but I have only been able to find them in long video reports. See if you can find them as standalone photos.

Ah, I finally found it. Picture E.

And here's the same one but with only 2 photos:

If you want to see the whole webpage, here it is:
Bin Laden photos

It is very hard to find this photo anywhere on the net. Most sites have had it pulled off.

Another important website with other pics to see:
More Bin Laden truth

[edit on 8/2/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Osama tapes....are they fake?

decide for yourself...

www.mondovista.com...

[edit on 8/2/2007 by Termite197]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
I dont recall ever reading that before.
Did he really say that?

That's what was claimed...and quite some time ago.

I'm surprised most haven't heard of his initial denial statement before the low quality confession tape that was later found in a house somewhere in Jalalabad after anti-Taliban forces came in.

A very amazing find indeed considering the large city it was found in.

If that link to the denial statement is questionable here is another. This is the CNN article that most people apparently overlooked:

Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks

DOHA, Qatar (CNN) -- Islamic militant leader Osama bin Laden, the man the United States considers the prime suspect in last week's terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, denied any role Sunday in the actions believed to have killed thousands.

In a statement issued to the Arabic satellite channel Al Jazeera, based in Qatar, bin Laden said,

"The U.S. government has consistently blamed me for being behind every occasion its enemies attack it. I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons,"

bin Laden's statement said.

CNN

If you say you can't believe a word he says (which is very reasonable to me) then you have to throw out both his denial and his confession. The confession itself is very odd considering that Osama seems to praise the hijackers by name. The truth is that the true identities of the hijackers cannot by defined concretely according to the FBI at the time and to this day.

FBI Director Robert Mueller has twice told CNN the there is no legal proof that these men they have accused of being the 19 hijackers are actually the ones to blame.

FBI Director Mueller acknowledged in 2002 there was no “legal proof to prove the identities of the hijackers.” Yet the bureau insists it correctly has identified them.

more?

FBI Director Robert Mueller has acknowledged that some of those behind last week's terror attacks may have stolen the identification of other people, and, according to at least one security expert, it may have been "relatively easy" based on their level of sophistication.
CNN

This makes sense to me yet still when Osama allegedly confessed on the video tape and praised the 19 hijackers he must clearly have not known their names or true identities since two of the ones he praised by name (Waleed M. Alshehri and Salem Alhazmi) have since been found alive.

He doesn't know the identity of his own personally chosen "martyrs"?

IMO...I think FOX News may have got it right for a change with this one article:

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead
Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

True?

Wag on Mr. Doggie.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
It doesnt really matter if our own government or muslim fanatics orchestrated 911. The goal is achieved: Fear & Hatred.

I hear you, but still I have to say it DOES matter if the US government orchestrated the attacks as opposed to a terrorist group that views the country as it's enemy. In fact it would be far worse.

If by chance (hypothetically speaking) our own government was responsible then you must realize how much more dangerous that would be to all American citizens than if it were simply radicals. Radicals/terrorists I can accept as murderous enemies...our own government however I could not.

That would mean you would have two enemies that would callously take the lives of your family and friends with casual, rationalized ease. One that was on the outside occasionally trying to get into the home you do your best to keep locked and one that slept in the next room of the house you thought of as a safe haven.

Which is worse?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Was this the fat-nosed Osama, or the skinny-nosed Osama saying this?

Be sure and look for the difference.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead
Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

True?

Wag on Mr. Doggie.

so could that have been the funeral the predator recorded?...i remember about a year ago that footage was released and everyone was up in arms about how the military didnt attack a mass gathering of terrorists at a funeral...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If i was Osama and didn't commit 9-11 i would of course deny it, but then seeing that American intelligence and mabye more importantly the American media are convinced you are the mastermind you see no other choice other thatn to embrace it to recieve protection from people who are happy with 9-11. I'm not sure who did it i don't think any of us can clain to be, but this is possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
If i was Osama and didn't commit 9-11 i would of course deny it, but then seeing that American intelligence and mabye more importantly the American media are convinced you are the mastermind you see no other choice other thatn to embrace it to recieve protection from people who are happy with 9-11. I'm not sure who did it i don't think any of us can clain to be, but this is possible.

He has previously denied committing acts of terror against the U.S. relating to the 1998 embassy bombings, Cole, and 9/11. The only thing he would say was that he praised the Muslims that perpetrated those attacks.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think everyone should check this out:

Researcher's Analysis of al Qaeda Images Reveals Surprises

Neal Krawetz, a researcher and computer security consultant, gave an interesting presentation today at the BlackHat security conference in Las Vegas about analyzing digital photographs and video images for alterations and enhancements.[...]

But more interesting were the examples Krawetz gave of al Qaeda images. Krawetz took an image from a 2006 al Qaeda video of Ayman al-Zawahiri (above right), a senior member of the terrorist organization. The image shows al-Zawahiri sitting in front of a desk and banner with writing on it. But after conducting his error analysis Krawetz was able to determine that al-Zawahiri's image was superimposed in front of the background -- and was most likely videotaped in front of a black sheet.

Check the link for the complete article.

Blackhat is a conference that gathers leading corporate professionals, government experts, and members of the underground hacking community.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join