It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
99% of masons are good people, who do not know the intent of the evil1% above the 33rd degree. Ya, 13 degrees above the 33. Genetic, thru bloodlines. Rh factor in bloodtype, high copper content, blood when exposed to air is slightly more purple than normal red--hince the name blueblood. This i know for i am one.

Is that true that Freemasonary tops out at 46 grados. I read somewhere that Albert Pike had over 1oo grados. I bet those degrees are a lot tougher to get than one might imagine.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Mogus,

Just remember that there is nothing there to deliberately trip you up or deceive you, but your 'understanding' is taught in a specific way so as you understand it all.

Judging by your posts I'm sure your Lodge is very glad to have you indeed!

S&F,

Benjj

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
MA: "There is nothing recognised in the Scottish Rite beyond the 33rd, anywhere. It's not Masonic. "

Go over to Europe and it will be a differnt story. You forgot to mention that.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, I must say, regardless of Mr. C.W. "Lend A Hand" Leadbeaters history, this book is a page turner.

It could be very hard to grasp without an open mind however I find the variable perspectives on Jesus and other aspects of religious history very interesting...and entertaining.

He basically starts off by explaining (I hope I get this right) that there was Jesus, his mother, father and a brother. His brother ends up killing him and cutting him into twice seven pieces at which point he becomes the epitome of evil while Jesus ends up coming back from the dead and taking his place as the savior of Earthly people.

This story being the basis of the first 3 degrees of Masonry while breaking everything down as it relates to said degrees while mixed with historical practices of Egypt's priests and so on.

Hard to explain really, but it's the first time I have ever read anything stating details of such a history although I have heard references of it before.

C.W then begins to explain how modern religions have taken this history and twisted it so many times to fit their own agenda that its sparsely anywhere near the original truth.

I have read elsewhere that the degrees of Freemasonry are basically a system of efforts to draw power from a different deity as you progress. According to C.W. these deities are Osiris, Isis, Typhon etc, all of which are Jesus, His Mother, Father and Brother and are in relation to the Sun, Moon etc.

I really wish some of you would read this so as to discuss your thoughts. I think this book could be the basis of some great discussion.

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If thats what the books about I'm glad I didnt waste my money. Sorry , anybody who believes that must have an IQ below the average flip-flop. sorry to inform you that the 3 degrees in freemasonry are based on a bible story about the building of kings solomon's temple. nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
First of all, I'm not saying to read it to believe it...I'm saying that the book is an entertaining read and would be great for discussion.

Secondly, my IQ is 153 last I tested in the 10th grade, of course that is when I dropped out of school to pursue my own interests so maybe I have grown simple over the past few years.

I don't believe anything unless my gut says it's right and as such, I have a feeling there are many others out there who are similar. I believe all things are possible because as a human man, I know that none of the answers I have regarding this life are solid enough to merit any attention whatsoever, however, if I were to right a book that contained far out beliefs or ideals, I would hope people would read them and share them for what they are and not rely on them for what they desire...easy answers.

Enjoy a book that's different and use what you can to deliver you into another method of thought, a new direction from which to seek further answers or simply to enjoy something outside of your norm.

You know what I have been reading for the past 3 years? Music Business Books....boring, un entertaining books on music business, music law, etc. One book says to do something one way while another books expresses a difference in opinion, however all of them offer something of use to me in their own right.

Get my drift spiffy?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If your synopsis about the said book was right, why would I read it when I know for a fact its fundamental stroy line is complete rubbish. after all I doubt you would read a book that stated the best way of playing a clarinet was to hit it against a tuba, without a basis in fact.

but then again........

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I couldn't care less if you personally read the book.
I don't appreciate you insulting anyone who does.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OK then I'll just draw your attention to the original post

If you want to know what Masonry is about dating back to the Ancient Egyptians, read this book.

on the same post as you say you are joining so unfortunatly people assume what your saying is fact, when it isnt.

I have no need to read a book, that basically states the same things as hundreds of other books out there of the same genre. what they all have in common is not one shred of credible evidence, as most of it is purely imagination of the writer.

After you have been in a while and find out their isnt any conspiracies, hidden agendas, hidden knowledge of religions etc you will understand why I get a bit miffed hearing the same rumours and superstitions repeated ad infinitum especially when they are repeated as "facts"

apologise for being abrupt earlier, shouldnt drink in the afternoons ('
')

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I just noticed you said, "After you have been in a while you will realize there are no conspiracys, no hidden agendas, etc.. It sounded like it was coming from a position of being one.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Are You a Mason too Ozzie?

Yep

Past Master and Asst Secretary soon to be Secretary of a Lodge in the province of West Kent in the register of the United Grand Lodge of England.

PS in the Holy Royal Arch, same province

and as soon as time permits will be doing up to my 18th.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
MA: "There is nothing recognised in the Scottish Rite beyond the 33rd, anywhere. It's not Masonic. "

Go over to Europe and it will be a differnt story. You forgot to mention that.

Not so. It is some of the orders in the US that append special club privileges and charitable organizations to the final levels of the Scottish Rite, not Europe or elsewhere. Also, the number of members who attain those levels are far fewer in the nations where Freemasonry orginated.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nightmare posted

99% of masons are good people, who do not know the intent of the evil1% above the 33rd degree. Ya, 13 degrees above the 33. Genetic, thru bloodlines. Rh factor in bloodtype, high copper content, blood when exposed to air is slightly more purple than normal red--hince the name blueblood. This i know for i am one.

more likely a sufferer of Wilson's disease.

suprised nobody has picked up on a few of these statements.

firstly the Rh factor (named after the rhesus monkey in which it was first discovered)is either Rh positive (Rh+) or Rh negative (Rh-). and refers to another type of antigen, or protein, on the surface of red blood cells, nothing to do with copper.

Wilson's disease is caused by a build up of excess copper in the body. A small amount of copper is needed in the diet for health to repair cells. But excess copper is toxic and can damage the organs.

Body copper levels are mainly controlled by the liver by excreting (getting rid of) excess copper mostly in the bile. In Wilson's disease this process fails, causing copper to build up in the body. This mainly damages the liver but can also affect other organs, especially the brain.

and for the term Blue Blood.

It�s a direct translation of the Spanish sangre azul. Many of the oldest and proudest families of Castile used to boast that they were pure bred, having no link with the Moors who had for so long controlled the country, or indeed any other group. As a mark of this, they pointed to their veins, which seemed bluer in colour than those of such foreigners. This was simply because the blue-tinted veins (not the blood) showed up more prominently in their lighter skin, but they took it to be a mark of their pure breeding. So the phrase blue blood came to refer to the blood which flowed in the veins of the oldest and most aristocratic families. The phrase was taken over into English in the 1830s.

plus if it was a copper based blood it would be green
ask mr Spock

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

Originally posted by Ozzie
First of all congratulations on taking your first degree. Im sure you'll have a fantastic evening any many happy years within the craft.

the next thing is to treat all those books, specially from Leadbeater with a large ammount of sceptism. most of what he's written is just pure fantasy with the aim of selling books to the gullible.

I'm starting to get the idea a lot of books available are about selling books to the gullible. Is there any truth to be found anywhere?

no one can tell you truth, and to contradict myself, truth is just what you are choosing to experience at this very moment...
you can read a book about fire and what it feels like to be burned, but you will never know untill you play with fire and burn yourself what it is truely like.
and you will never be able to express your experience with someone else...
what do i know anyway...only what i've experienced...and thats MY TRUTH...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why you joined masonry mogus, is never a tough question to answer, it is only tough to answer it to the profain.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by The_Broken_Column]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I' m also reading 'The Second Messiah'. It book details that many of the degrees of the scottish rite are betstowed upon members in name only, that no ritual needs to be performed. Simply the authors, who are 5th degree masons (A level that most masons attain) are saying that much of the history of the lodge has been lost or more rightly as they put it discarded for political and religious reasons. (England during the Hanover rule and episcopial church Scottland wantind their own soverinty and presbyterialn church).

Obviousy this and the way that Masons recognise other masons are the real secreats in this society.

An interesting read is 'The Second Messiah' the discarding and rewriting of history (in the case of Freemasony, Their own history) is not just refined to the Catholic Church. Which when one reads this book will see a historic tie to the Roman church.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To everyone: For God's sake what is this thread? It's hillarious. And to Leadbeater: Can you please find some harder metals to bend? And who the hell is Woodknocker and what has he got to do with it?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

<< 1  2  3   >>

join