It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh and Banshee, you have a pretty, eye.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Mogus wrote my great grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason, however, on his death bed, he asked to become Catholic again.

???????????/Why did he give up his faith in the first place.The Catholic church had the problem with the craft.
Freemasonry does not have a problem with the Catholic church.

Many of my Brothers are of the Catholic faith.

G

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes, that is all fine and dandy now, but we are talking about a man who died at the age of 82, 25 years ago...

Thinhs were different 100 years back.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There have been a number of high level defectors over the years and they do not describe a positive purpose for the craft overall.

Name 1.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Very nice explanation Mogus. I liked your analogy of the gun.

I think that as long as you truely beleive that you belong there, and that what you are doing is what you are supposed to do, than you can probably say you are doing the right thing for you.

Good luck on the path you chosed, and may you find what you are seeking for.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why I call C.W.Leadbeater "Lend a hand":

www.parascience.org...

kingsgarden.org...

www.chaosmagic.com...

Like I said, you might want to research this before you make this guy your spokesman.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogus
Masked Avatar? Have you read it by chance?

No, I know the book but haven't read it.

I actually don't do a lot of extra-curricular reading in this area. I've read the sensationalist paperbacks for insight into authors' heads, and some classic old works, but by and large my interest is in the living people.

Try "Isis Unveiled" for some broader insights as well.

I have a friend who is 100 next year, who is very big on Egyptology and Freemasonry. He can still stand up and lecture on it for an hour or more without notes. He is a very very bright spark.

Good luck Mogus. I wonder how you will feel immediately after the step you are taking, next week.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Leadbeater taught kids to masturbate?

What kid needs a teacher?

I'm still reading...

Masked,
your last comment was slightly scary..
How would you expect me to feel after next week?
How did you feel?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The effect was intended.

A few butterflies will do you some good.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I have a friend who is 100 next year, who is very big on Egyptology and Freemasonry. He can still stand up and lecture on it for an hour or more without notes. He is a very very bright spark

As long as he dosent try to link the two subjects

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
He does. He has been in the Great Pyramid on his lonesome (during WW2) to places people don't go today, he has studied every dimension of every major structure down to the nearest inch, and he links his findings with certain geometry in Freemasonry and astrology and many other disciplines. I can't keep up with him in his knowledge base.

Remember that Freemasonry draws on many liberal arts and sciences and historical facts and myths and legends.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Leadbeater did it for them, and had it done to him. With one boy, 7 years. The Michael Jackson of Victorian England.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by THENEO
There have been a number of high level defectors over the years and they do not describe a positive purpose for the craft overall.

Name 1.

since you can't be bothered to do this yourself,

www.unites.uqam.ca...

above, see page 11 middle and,

www.scarletandthebeast.com...

above page 13 near bottom and,

One member included in a Masonic book about famous Masons is John Marshall, a Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Shortly before his death, he said,

"The institution of Masonry ought to be abandoned, as one capable of producing much evil, and incapable of producing any good which might not be affected by open means."

webusers.physics.umn.edu...

bottom of page.

there are many others too.

problem is that they don't like it when you quit and then tell all.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The neo.

and your point is?

seems like you've just got a pre-conceived idea then find a website to substatiate it then cite it as proof. sorry but the world aint quite like that. just become a bit more logical in future.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
for instance, the great masonic conspiracy.

why is it the only people who know about it are conspiracy theorists and 33 degree-ers. always wondered about that.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The Neo wrote there are many others too.

problem is that they don't like it when you quit and then tell all

Considering accepted Masonry has been around for almost 300 years the insignificant number of quotes from ex members seem like a total drop in the ocean..

Consider all other aspects of life, take politics for one
members leave,then slate their membership every day.

Get over it
You are looking for gossip that does not exist ..

G

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Please don't get me started on this topic again because I tend to get a little obsessive about it. Also please note that this is my belief on Masonry based on the studies that I've done in my free time.

My insight into this topic may be "limited" in a masons eyes. That I am a outsider and I may not know what I'm talking about. But I've come to believe that Masonry is all but a stepping stone into the occult world. A small & insignificant step on a person's journey into this underground world of secrets.

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry."

Sovereign Grand Commander Albert Pike 33
Morals And Dogma, page 819

In a "Free society" such as ours we cannot have a free country with such organizations such as freemasonry.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers, which are cited to justify it."

President John F. Kennedy
Address to newspaper publishers, April 27, 1961.

Freemasonry being the largest "secret society" or :society with secrets", has gotten the brunt of controversy. But there are more sinister organizations that much more important as far as how the world works.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Please don't get me started on this topic again because I tend to get a little obsessive about it.

I'm sure nobody minds, but you seem to be the self-starting type!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't think FreeMasonry itself is necessarily bad; but why are there so many corrupt Masons???

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Tamahu wrote why are there so many corrupt Masons???

And your source for this list of Masons is ??????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join