It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hello all,
been a while.

On Jan 20th, I will be recieving my first degree in Masonry and am looking forward to the FOOD!

I have been researching Masonry for a while now and find it one of the most interesting courses for study to say the least.

Lately I have been reading one my many books on Masonry titled the same as the header of my thread:
Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites by: C.W. Leadbeater.

I purchased this book and several others from Kessenger Publishing of whom specializes in old texts and previously unavailable or hard to find prints.

I am finding this book extremely interesting.

If you want to know what Masonry is about dating back to the Ancient Egyptians, read this book.

I am starting this thread because I would like to engage in any discussions regarding the subjects contained in this book or possibly others.

For those of you still searching for some answers regarding Masonry who are tired of reading about lizards and grey alients, give this book a solid read. I am not only certain you will find the book engaging to say the least, but you will learn something worthy of discussion here.

Masked Avatar? Have you read it by chance?

Lets discuss.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Where in the world are you what gl you going to be under.

Wherever you are you are in for a great evening .

Enjoy

G

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
First of all congratulations on taking your first degree. Im sure you'll have a fantastic evening any many happy years within the craft.

the next thing is to treat all those books, specially from Leadbeater with a large ammount of sceptism. most of what he's written is just pure fantasy with the aim of selling books to the gullible.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozzie
First of all congratulations on taking your first degree. Im sure you'll have a fantastic evening any many happy years within the craft.

the next thing is to treat all those books, specially from Leadbeater with a large ammount of sceptism. most of what he's written is just pure fantasy with the aim of selling books to the gullible.

I'm starting to get the idea a lot of books available are about selling books to the gullible. Is there any truth to be found anywhere?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
there are a few out there but they tend not to sell as well as the "conspiracy" version

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Congradulations Mogus!

AF&AM #36 here in Texas votes on me tonight. I've already gotten a whole lot of encouragment from some of the Masons within the lodge. You will be suprised who is a Mason within your community. They are a wonderful group of guys.
Since I'm in law enforcment, I'll have quite a bit of time to study working ngihts. The Grand Master already wants to come out and ride with me to help me study.

I also found out that the Masons here during the Civil War were responsible for inventing the modern torpedo. I'll post the Texas Historical Society Marker as soon as I can get a picture.

Again, congratulations!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
what made you decide to become a mason?
Congrats at your accomplishment at the Blu Lodge.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You are attempting level 1 and now you know all about masonry?

There have been a number of high level defectors over the years and they do not describe a positive purpose for the craft overall.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
THENEO

Chill off dude, nobody claimed to "know everything about masonery" For God's sake, don't you have anything better to do than picking on other's people thread...

Go hunt some Satanists!

Congradulations Mogus.

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Geez, every time a moron is booted from these boards another shows to replace him.

NEO, I've seen many of your comments on these forums. Your cocky, uninformed and abbrasive.

I never claimed to know all there is to know about Masonry but I have a feeling I know a lot more about the Order than you can copy and paste from Google searches.

So, if you don't mind, kindly form your own thread on a topic you would like to discuss and leave this thread since you obviously have nothing whatsoever to offer the topic of discussion.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh, and thank you all for your conga-rats.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogus
Geez, every time a moron is booted from these boards another shows to replace him.

NEO, I've seen many of your comments on these forums. Your cocky, uninformed and abbrasive.

I never claimed to know all there is to know about Masonry but I have a feeling I know a lot more about the Order than you can copy and paste from Google searches.

So, if you don't mind, kindly form your own thread on a topic you would like to discuss and leave this thread since you obviously have nothing whatsoever to offer the topic of discussion.

Thank you.

you are mouthy for someone that just landed here and has squat to show for accomplisments

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
THENEO

Chill off dude, nobody claimed to "know everything about masonery" For God's sake, don't you have anything better than picking on other's people thread...

Go hunt some Satanists!

Congradulations Mogus.

high level masonry = satanists

but you knew that right?

low level masonry = tool of satanists

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just landed here?
First of all, I have been here almost 2 years now skippy.
I just don't feel the need to spat off every pile of garbage I consume on an hourly basis to show how l33t I am.

Neo, you base yourself around a bad movie. Your not unique, your not brilliant, you know nothing other than what you find through the use of search engines delivered by groups of people who are exactly like yourself. You sir are consumed in an endless cycle of misinformation and fabricated histories of which you then spew all over the public forums of the internet with a cocky attitude as though you yourself are a scholar.

I laugh at you.

My accomplishments?

That's funny, chances are you own a CD put out by a band or artist I represent.

Thank you, drive thru.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Mogus good to see you back and congrats for the up and comming event.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Congratulations Mogus, I've contemplated becoming a Mason now for quite some time. I'm yet to dedicate a serious amount of time to actually studying more on the group.

THENEO I've been reading this board for only 4 months, and only just felt the need to join in on the many conversations that the board has to offer. If you can offer nothing of value to a conversation with a set question or topic, then try starting your own thread. I've included some suggestions as your topic of choice:

What about Me?
Hey guys, here I am
Valuable contribution within, seriously!

On a more serious note, I would like to know Mogus - what were your reasons for joining?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
high level masonry = satanists

but you knew that right?

Huh no...I don't think that's true, but yes I knew that it was YOUR opinion, cuz you seem to always be offering your opinion about satanists, even if your opinion is unwanted, or if the topic is not even about satanists...

Because you see satanists everywhere doesn't mean the rest of the world also do.

iamlucas

Good one lol...Funny choice of topic, I wouldn't even be surprised to see one of those pop up in the following days.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Congrats, Mogus. Wish you'd post more around here.

-B.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have been posting quotes from this book, other C.W. "Lend a hand" Leadbeater books for years.

So far, no one has bothered asking why I add the "Lend a hand".

You might want to check into that, before you brag this up in public.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Lend A hand..hmm, does it have something to do with an old cult magazine printed in the 1800's or something?

I'm not sure, but I'd love for you to explain.

Why did I decide to join the Masons?

This is a tough question really.
I was brought up in a very Catholic family. The only person not Catholic in my family is my mother of whom suffers a great deal of long lasting horrible memories of her private school growing up.

Over the years I have always felt a calling. Since my first confession (4 hours long mind you) at the age of 17, I felt very much so that I was being called into the priest hood. The questions that stirred in my mind and soul were constantly forcing me into awkward directions.

A year ago, I didn't even know what the Masons were. I met a guy in a bar who swore I was a Mason based solely on my personal theories and beliefs. He was just entering into his EA degree at the time and once I convinced him I wasn't a Mason, he explained I needed to look into it. so, I did. and ended up here amongst many other places.

My mother is partially psychic, and myself..well, I guess you can say I am some abnormal abilities or at least, my sensory perception is a bit higher than average. I studied sorcery as a young lad and was scared right back out of it. All in the search for answers while guided by curiousity.

To try and sum up what could turn into a very lengthy post, I decided to join the Masons because I believe that if there is any form of truth in this world, portions of it may be found within the walls of Lodge if I look hard enough and pay attention. Not to what I am told, but by what my spirit tells me as things are being presented.

If I were to reach a point where my feelings of what is going on are not to better myself as a man, then I won't remain involved.

I know some of you are sick of hearing this but...my great grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason, however, on his death bed, he asked to become Catholic again. I still wonder why...

My aunt knew nothing of the Masons until I explained my intent on joining. Well, by then, she was a Freemasonry scholar who began telling me how I shouldn't sell my soul.

This is the way I see it... I believe that God will judge me based on the lives and souls I touch in a positive way. I believe my soul is safe so long as I never lose that which makes me me. I don't think that searching for answers is going to be an act of offering up my soul in exchange for wordly power and wealth unless I create that essence around myself.

In otherwords, I believe that the force and power of Masonry can be used for either good or evil and if there is a high ranking order of Masons who use what is offered to benefit themselves in an evil way, it doesnt mean I need to be a part of them.

A gun is a very powerful tool used by man for many reasons. It's not the gun that decides its use, its the person utilizing its power who decides if that power is used to serve and protect, or assassinate and murder.

Oh, and I am also looking forward to the food!!

I hope this long drawn out ramble doesnt bore anyone to tears. It's late, Im sleepy and my demons, I mean, sheets are begging me to go see them.

I hope this at least explains a little of why I am joining the Masons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join