It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Successful Diet/Fitness regimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I just thought this might be a useful thread to hand ideas to each other in this GROWING world.

Having aquired a few pounds of *cough* "spare muscle"
it is my pleasure to begin YET ANOTHER diet regime.
Unfortunately exercise will have to begin very lightly for a wee while due to a spinal injury(any excuse
)

My past regimes that have worked have all been based around..

Cutting FAT from diet
lowering general calorie intake.
EXERCISE.. Sorry can't be avoided

This all sounds so obvious I know but silly little things get left out like sufficient water(NOT Smirnoff Blue) intake.

What I..and millions alike.. would like to know are the LITTLE things that have made all the difference to a successful method..

What motivates you..
Supplements that worked..
Things to avoid.. etc etc

We can make A.T.S the fittest site on the net.
Healthy body, healthy mind,(healthy skepticism
)

Good health.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, *cough*
I put on a few pounds, about 12 pounds and i bought ALLI
it used to be prescription but is now available over the counter.

I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks of ugly fat- however, it doesnt come without a price. And i dont mean money.

Anyone can take it since it only absorbs fat intake, but the catch is you have to be close to a bathroom- because....... Well, go to www.myalli.com and you will read what it can do

You can take it with any medication you're currently on and it doesnt give you the jitters, the shakes or a high or anything.
One after every fatty meal- if you dont eat a fatty meal, you dont need one.
Check it out. My clothes are litteraly falling off me.

Sold at any drugstore in the USA anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I know this has basically been said but it's worth repeating :

Here is how to lose weight :

Step 1) Burn more calories than your consume
Step 2) See step #1

Forget the pills, forget the fad diets, forget it all - go workout ! It's the tried and true method that's been used for a millennia.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
About 2 years ago I managed to lose 160lbs went to from pert near 400 down to 240ish.

This is what I did:

Eliminated all fluids except water and my single morning cup of joe, and drank water to excess..at least a gallon a day.

If ya gotta have yer hooch then skip the beer and only drink red wine or clear liquer.

Daily multivitamin-1 in the morning following breakfast and one before bed.
Fish oil- 3 times daily

As far as diet I ate whatever I wanted as long as it was only once a day.
My theory was that if I concentrated all my cravings and such into one event, then it was still better than eating/drinking what I wanted all day everyday.

90% of the day good whole unprocessed foods-10% Pizza and Ice cream.

The diet is really unimportant as long as the excercise is there.
Concentrate largely on the Abdominals and the rest will follow suit.

Spend at least an hour a day doing something that kicks yer own ass and you will lose, tone, and build.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
Step 1) Burn more calories than your consume
Step 2) See step #1

Yeah I know and respect that. But there are just times where you find yourself in a position where exercise is not suitable.

I totally agree with you. Energy input higher than output will lead to weight gain. But we all gotta cheat sometimes. Or find a way to get much needed motivation You know.. A target/light at the end of the tunnel/Sawing off a leg.. that kinda thing

P.S Thanks Sanctum for moving the thread.. I just burnt 15 calories trying to find it.lost my password for BTS
The smilies are much better here Starjumps anyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I saw my DR. in the middle of June,( putting cast on my son's arm) went back in 4 weeks for the removal and noticed he was lighter. I asked about the loss and he said it was 20 lbs! Damn good if you ask me.

So I asked how did you do it and he said " I ate a ton of grapefruit". I think he is eating every 2 hours and mostly fruit and whole grain stuff.

So I am now doing the same thing. We will see how it works. I am also working out. ( hate it)

Roper

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I just remembered,When I moved from Lebanon to Dubai a while ago, I dropped about 18kg in 3 month.That was a strict regime of exercise 2hrs a day EVERYDAY.
Plus no dairy
no skin on chicken etc
no potatoes with meals..just veg.

I also was sold the idea of drinking a very small amount of NONI JUICE by a couple of tahitian dancers every morning.
(Dunno if you can get it in UK tho. I,ll check.)

Energy levels were huge.Morning fatigue after an emmm.. 'long night' was almost non-existent..
Only thing is.. No alcohol was consumed in that time apart from one glass of red wine with dinner

top topics

join